onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Future

4 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Best in my lifetime was Rudge despite Bell.

Bell from memory was always derided for being mean with money and lining his own pockets at the expense of the club. However Rudgie seems to praise him quite a bit in the book for making funds available and doing his best to support players being brought in that he sold. 

There was always progressive investment for years at Vale from about 87 post Spurs cup win to 97/98. After that, we just seemed to keep having to sell anyone decent to survive. 

• Like 5

Advert

27 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Bell from memory was always derided for being mean with money and lining his own pockets at the expense of the club. However Rudgie seems to praise him quite a bit in the book for making funds available and doing his best to support players being brought in that he sold. 

There was always progressive investment for years at Vale from about 87 post Spurs cup win to 97/98. After that, we just seemed to keep having to sell anyone decent to survive. 

Economics, we never averaged 10k gates. Wheeler dealing.

6 hours ago, RantingRon said:

The Shanahans paid £5m for Vale and have never stopped moaning. “It was a ransom that had to be paid.” “We’ve spent more money in four years of ownership than we planned to do in five.” “We’ll pay for some infrastructure elements but day-to-day expenditure at the club has got to come from day-to-day earnings.” Robbie Williams is worth £222m - £300m, depending which source you look at. Buying Vale would be peanuts to him with enough pennies left over to make some real changes, both to the facilities and the team.

Have you been drinking ?, if not you should maybe start and maybe see if you develop some common sense 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Missed Anthony Gardner off the list who we sold for a million. Best defender I’ve seen at the club and was the nail in the coffin for Rudge going, we leaked goals after he left and got relegated shortly after. 

I think you’ll find that was the initial figure, however we needed money and they paid a lot less than £1m

18 hours ago, RantingRon said:

SHANAHANS OUT! ROBBIE WILLIAMS IN!

Where is Dono in the equation. I’d suggest if he’s a shrewd businessman and I have no doubt to think otherwise, he’s watching the situation very carefully keeping his powder dry. Wait until either the company is on its knees or the owners can’t afford to compete, then make them a less than market value offer. If the business continues to slide down the pan reduce the offer. Assemble a team around him, who knows what they’re doing unlike the incumbent regime. There’ll be more dark days ahead for us Vale fans. We’re in the middle of a storm at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rudge was great but even he went on a run of 18 games without a win?However,he made up for that by signing some great players such as Osher Williams,Alan Webb,Andy Jones,Mark Grew,Ray Walker,Bob Hazell,Darren Beckford,Simon Mills,Darren Hughes,Gary Ford,Dean Glover,John Jeffers,Neil Aspin,Nick Cross,Kevin Kent,Robin van der Laan,Martin Foyle,Keith Houchen, Peter Swan,Ian Taylor,Paul Musselwhite,Steve Guppy,Tony Naylor,Jon McCarthy,Lee Mills,Ian Bogie,Gareth Ainsworth,Peter Beadle,Michael Walsh and Marcus Bent.Sorry if I've missed anybody.
Recruitment is critical and sadly we have gone downbank?
Peter Beadle was no replacement for Mills.
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
6 hours ago, For Us All said:
Rudge was great but even he went on a run of 18 games without a win?However,he made up for that by signing some great players such as Osher Williams,Alan Webb,Andy Jones,Mark Grew,Ray Walker,Bob Hazell,Darren Beckford,Simon Mills,Darren Hughes,Gary Ford,Dean Glover,John Jeffers,Neil Aspin,Nick Cross,Kevin Kent,Robin van der Laan,Martin Foyle,Keith Houchen, Peter Swan,Ian Taylor,Paul Musselwhite,Steve Guppy,Tony Naylor,Jon McCarthy,Lee Mills,Ian Bogie,Gareth Ainsworth,Peter Beadle,Michael Walsh and Marcus Bent.Sorry if I've missed anybody.
Recruitment is critical and sadly we have gone downbank?

Peter Beadle was no replacement for Mills.

During that run of 18 games under Rudgie I believe there was something going on between the players. One of them was giving  another player’s wife a burst on his banjo. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think you’ll find that was the initial figure, however we needed money and they paid a lot less than £1m

Just checked, it was £850,000. Should have kept him till the end of season, probably would have stayed up.

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Where is Dono in the equation. I’d suggest if he’s a shrewd businessman and I have no doubt to think otherwise, he’s watching the situation very carefully keeping his powder dry. Wait until either the company is on its knees or the owners can’t afford to compete, then make them a less than market value offer. If the business continues to slide down the pan reduce the offer. Assemble a team around him, who knows what they’re doing unlike the incumbent regime. There’ll be more dark days ahead for us Vale fans. We’re in the middle of a storm at the moment.

I agree with that mate , dono is defo biding his time like you said the way carols carrying on well be in the Vanarama in a few years time and the market value of the vale will drop like a stone all this can be avoided is she see's common sense but I think she's to stubborn to see it hence she's going to regret it in the long term 

• Like 2

Just now, Nippy Naylor said:

I agree with that mate , dono is defo biding his time like you said the way carols carrying on well be in the Vanarama in a few years time and the market value of the vale will drop like a stone all this can be avoided is she see's common sense but I think she's to stubborn to see it hence she's going to regret it in the long term 

23 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

During that run of 18 games under Rudgie I believe there was something going on between the players. One of them was giving  another player’s wife a burst on his banjo. 

Either way that team was a cut above this current set of gutless players we have now

14 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Either way that team was a cut above this current set of gutless players we have now

I’d rather them be scrapping with each other, like rats in a sack than pressing flesh. Like the bunch of losers they are no passion, aggression or will to win.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Well this current squad couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.😎

• Like 1