onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) match thread - 10th Feb

robf

Advert

This torrid from me. But employment law / contract law - whatever is predominant requires representation of party interests. It's inherently adversarial. There is no place until some time later to say life skills stuff. Secondly, data protection law needs to be watched as well. 
What are you banging on about now Warren?

30 minutes ago, Warren said:

This torrid from me. But employment law / contract law - whatever is predominant requires representation of party interests. It's inherently adversarial. There is no place until some time later to say life skills stuff. Secondly, data protection law needs to be watched as well. 

Was just saying this to the lads in the pub.

My only contribution is this. We may be wrong but my daughter and I can only remember seeing us win when Ripley wears his pink kit. Only a draw today - but if he wears it every game I think it should sort us out!

Oh yes - it was nice to see we had practised some different corners.

8 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Of course.

But many 'with a brain' understand the poor context of the situation the club is in. Some do not,but appear to be in a minority.

The ultimate investment has to be the team. 'Pumping money in or not'...it won't make a difference when relaegation comes along and a full season of lost revenue meaning no return on investment..

Enjoy the match

Everybody can see our position in the league table but the point is where would we be without the significant investment from the owners these past few years?  Probably still in the league below, or maybe lower than that.  Some fans seem have very short memories.

I did enjoy the match, thanks.  Did you?

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Have you ever seen a fanny? 

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

Oh, and how tinpot are Stevenage. To bring that many fans when you’re in the top 6 is woeful.

I’d rather be tinpot sat in the playoffs than a half empty ground in the relegation places.

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Didn’t we get promoted under the previous owner? Who also invested significantly in the club (the same way Carol has)

Why yes and in fact Smurfwaite can actually claim he led us to a higher finish in league 1 too. 

However the big difference is he was abusive to fans, openly said he would happily place the club into admin and effectively gave up on supporting the club in any way. Carol is far better than Smurfwaite was at being a human being.

Having said all that I do think a bit of his actions were just spiteful grandstanding and just a ruse to get Carol to pay more for the club. Smurfwaite wasn’t going to let the club go into admin easily. He’d lose too much money. 

It also isn’t lost on me that I am very much aware of all the “papa Smurf” fawning and what a great man he was who “saved the club” from MOLD (which he did, let’s be honest). 

Nobody ever admits to that on here these days but go back to the posts from that era and you can see him adored every bit as Carol before it turned sour. 

Archived