onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

18 minutes ago, MBE said:

What I find bizarre from yesterday is Crosby actually took the training then left the club in the afternoon. Very strange circumstances. That tells me it wasn't in the plan to remove Crosby in the morning so what changed?

Carol should make Flitcroft to be on the touchline and manage this team in the interim period.He needs to prove this squad of players he put together is good enough for this league and Crosby was the only problem.

It's a significant corporate decision. Need to have a formal board meeting with all board members having the opportunity to contribute. 

There is also more than sack v don't sack. It involved what to do with the assistant manager? Could sack, keep in place in temporary charge, appoint as manager - and for how long. 

Complex options. Even though there is a majority shareholder a proper corporate process should be followed. 

Advert

Would be very happy with Duff. My main worry has not been Flitcroft and Crosby, despite both of them contributing to our downfall, but finance, lack of funds must have been the reason we have had two abysmal January windows. We need investment if we are to compete in L1.

13 minutes ago, 1 said:

If Wild has a buyout clause it won't be up to Barrow, it'll be his choice. He might prefer to be surrounded by four stands.

But he might want to play his own way and not get told how we're lining up.

All the top teams scout our games to see if we're worthy of their loans you know.

I can’t help feeling we are in a mess. Whoever comes in will have to play within the agreed system, thus making the job less attractive as the system doesn’t work.

Yes, our style of play may suit Premiership loan prospects but they are not going to make Port Vale, they come and they go. We need more Dave Worrall’s, players who make it obvious who they are playing for. I genuinely am confused about what kind of club we are trying to be. 
I’m pretty sure that a while back Flitcroft confirmed at some forum or other that we had not missed out on any targets due to their wage demands. What the hell is happening then, why aren’t Carol, Flitcroft or any other mover & shaker at Vale Park attracting the calibre of players we need?

I can’t help but feel a little disdain emanating from the club towards the ordinary fan, you know the ones not in the RW suite or executive boxes. 

Why haven’t they offered up any explanation for their paltry return from the transfer window. Talk to us David, Carol, you never know we might begin to understand and get behind you. At the moment I feel like the proverbial mushrooms; kept in the dark & fed on 5h1t.

5 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

But he might want to play his own way and not get told how we're lining up.

All the top teams scout our games to see if we're worthy of their loans you know.

Probably why we didn't get the Chelsea loans they knew we had a manager without a clue.

Who is the manager tonight? Flitcroft should do it. A lot on here have got what they wanted but I can`t see anyone being succesful until and if the injuries clear up a bit. Sacking a manager, the day before a game after he has taken training is clueless 

18 minutes ago, Alan Baker said:

Duff would first choice.

Also, Richard Duff(y) has done an outstanding job at Congleton (read Pope's comments about him on X).

Duffy with an "old head" alonsgide would be a massive gamble but who knows????

Crosby was a big enough gamble thanks. We need the sure thing of a proven choice. If it fails, it will highlight how bad Flitcroft is. If good, he will be rehabilitated in the eyes of fans. 

There are much better options in non-league than a random ex-player  who is a long way down the pyramid - sorry - it's a clear no from me.

That goes for almost every ex-player. and coaches / ex-coaches making the step up to stick with the current system.

Firstly, we need to tell Flickcroft he's gone at the end of the season and begin the search for his replacement. The same goes for the two flowerpot men he bought along for the ride.

Next, we need to appoint an interim manager as soon as possible to keep us in the league. If he/she wants to be considered (not automatically hired) for the job next season they need to accumulate 1.5pts per game between now and the end of the season. Keeping us up isn't going to cut it. This should be someone who has experience in keeping teams in the league, working with the players they have and making us hard to beat. Nothing pretty, no philosophy, just graft. 

The DOF can begin working on the summer transfer window, recruiting an experienced manager and coaching staff. We have only had success with managers when we have hired experienced ones in the last 20 years. They don't need to have gone around the block, but they have some league experience, a winning mentality, charisma, and someone we can all get behind. 

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

Andy Woodman is getting rave reviews at Bromley currently second in the national league behind runaway leaders chesterfield.

I get the impression he loves it down south though. 

On my list for sure in the summer if they don't get promoted. However, signed a new contract in December and as you mentioned has always been down south (furthest he's ever been even as a player is Northampton)

1 hour ago, Southern_Valiant said:

My wish list any one of the below

Darren Moore

Gary Rowett

Michael Duff

Nigel Pearson

Gareth Ainsworth

Micky Flynn

Paul Lambert

Some are pie in the sky but I also think anyone of the above can do a job personally I would like a Nigel Pearson I think he would come in and put a rocket up the backside of the players old school manager is what we need right now.

Agree on Pearson, I'd drive him to Vale myself if he was interested, certainly as a short term fix at least to give our sorry lot a rocket after some recent performances. 

Couldn't see him dropping to League One though based on his previous roles.  That said he only lives near Shrewsbury, wouldn't be a massive commute for him?

Don't get me wrong I think sacking the manager needed doing. He's not been good enough unfortunately. 

However, I question timing. Why Monday?

I'm starting to think that things happen at all to convenient times. Andy crossby wasn't the man in November. It's obvious then. Why wait until the transfer window closes? Is it because this takes away the heat from the real people that failed? You sack him December and then fail to back a new man, well that would be quite obvious who is to blame. Here we can paper over. 

Another example, the fans forum. DoF faces the mases. No one can say he's hiding. But conveniently it's before the window closes allowing him to easily answer questions on a lack of signings with things like "there's still time" and the  majority of people will give him the benefit of the doubt that we will get someone through the door. 

I think this DoF would do very well on The Traitors. 

Archived