onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

3 hours ago, nodge said:

That lad's confidence is on it's backside.

He can't beat an egg at the moment let alone a player. Multiple times yesterday he showed for the ball in space and players instead ran into trouble rather than hand the ball off to him.

When he did get it, he lost it, begs a question as to why he's so lacking in confidence.

Perhaps like so many others we have played him and them out of their recognised position.

We would buy Harry Kane and play him in goal !!

Advert

52 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Exactly wouldn’t do any worse than the yak of late. and can pick a pass

I agree no worse but here's where we agree to disagree. 

Other than that amazing ball to Worrall in the Orient 3-2 comeback all I see is Hollywood balls that rarely come off. I personally think it's all a white elephant that gets regurgitated about Jones. 

He's as equally like to play a beautiful killer ball that gifted Barnsley on the opening day as he is doing so for ourselves. 

However despite what I've said . He's fresh after his huge lay off and surely to goodness has to be tried as the other options are failing badly. 

Think the one thing in our favour is apparently Agyei for them is out injured again. I don’t want to see Smith or Yak in this lineup, they’ve been utter liabilities for far too long and need to make way. Get Lopata in there, he looks like he is someone who is ready to start chewing on some kneecaps and then Dan Jones (at least if he takes the long throws then Debrah can be in the box to try and win the header).

9 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

image.png

After we lost at home to Cheltenham we bounced back with 2 points from the next 21.

After Carlisle it's 1 from 9 thanks to postponed games.

I'd rather see it on the pitch not some half arsed meaningless social media whimper. 

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I'd rather see it on the pitch not some half arsed meaningless social media whimper. 

I feel the same. Remember not so long ago some people on here were practically crying that no apology was coming from Crosby about a particular performance (maybe the Cheltenham game)?. This weekend we heard Crosby apologise in his post match interview and now Wilson has comes out and apologised and no one has acknowledged it. Just shows how meaningless it actually is. 

The key to starting to improve is usually sort the defence out. Therefore, let me assume Lopata is a good signing. He needs to come straight into the side. A towering presence. Debra needs to play subject to fitness coming back. One more, is it time to risk Jones? At least he is left footed!

Of course the above is in theory unwise. Too much change at once. But the defensive players have been conceding too many. 

What is in front of the defence needs to be able to defend, retain the ball and start forward movement. If Ojo is fit he should start. Fit the rest of the players around him. He will keep the ball and provide a platform. 

I don't understand what's wrong with Wilson. But he and Chislett are key to us improving going forward with Ojo behind. 

I think the rest of the regular players are better than they're showing. Except the central defenders I've dropped. In some cases I can't have a view on how good they are as I've not seen them enough or at all. On paper I thought our unavoidable loan replacements looked promising. But that hasn't gone well so far. 

As for the manager Crosby. He's a nice guy. I don't like criticising him game after game. But he is getting too much wrong. It has to stop one way or another. 

Most of all everyone needs to turn up and drain their soul with effort. The weather may be foul - another challenge.We do look in a worse state overall than perhaps I've been thinking. Doing basics right and working supremely hard is the only way up. 

8 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

image.png

Just words and they mean nothing from the players, manager or DoF now a days, as its all been said before and no changes.  

If you mean it, do it on the footy pitch tuesday night and don't look like your going through the motions to rob the club of a wage.

The fans deserve better, specially the fans who went on Saturday to watch you.  They deserve refunds from the players - as you lot just rolled over and Fleetwood players just rubbed your tummies and tickled your ears.

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I agree no worse but here's where we agree to disagree. 

Other than that amazing ball to Worrall in the Orient 3-2 comeback all I see is Hollywood balls that rarely come off. I personally think it's all a white elephant that gets regurgitated about Jones. 

He's as equally like to play a beautiful killer ball that gifted Barnsley on the opening day as he is doing so for ourselves. 

However despite what I've said . He's fresh after his huge lay off and surely to goodness has to be tried as the other options are failing badly. 

I’ve said so many times if Jones kept things simple & didn’t try the prefect pass all the time he’d be a decent player for us at this level 

Atleast Leyton Orient are not bottom of the table, that gives us some hope of a result. 

If Reading hadn't of had a points deduction we would be sitting in the relegation zone, having lost to the team in 24th (at the time) 4 times already and been smashed 7-0 on the opening day....How does any manager survive that? 

10 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

image.png

I'd be apologising too .

However what's done is done .

We cannot turn back the clock that's 4 times we have lost to teams at bottom of the league I've no idea why we keep giving these teams wins and apart from Burton all the other 3 we deserved lose .

Only positive is we 5th from bottom going into a Tuesday night match a night where we rarely play well in fact I cannot stand watching Vale on a Tues every time I've being bar Mansfield away in Cup they have lost and played absolutely rubbishly .

I'd be making sure we have the ball tomoz maybe play Chislett up top on his own then go from there .

I'd be flooding the midfield as LO are doing very well am I surprised no Richie Wellens a fine manager and they score goals aswell .

We must not ever play like we did sat for one you do not give the oppositions player all that room we gave Broom(is he ex Stoke like GoodwinCheltenham at time and Brayford Burton ) like we did and give a very poor side which they were first half in fairness they only come in our half twice a leg up .

Tomorrow we need score first and gain confidence from it .

Tuesday though I don't like when Vale play on a Tues they do not deliver .

James Wilson wouldn't be in my team his last 2 performances if you can call them that have reached no heights whatsoever .

Massey shouldn't be played either he as gone backwards again I thought he had turned the corner but he has not .

Shorrock needs be played for the  ability go past a player maybe play him off Chislettt ot Debrah up front .

Weir seems a bit lightweight so Ojo in for him I'd be bringing Walters back in aswell to replace Ojo after he as helped Vale hopefully build a good lead .

Mighten has pace but looks weak as but it could work off a big unit up front .

For all lofts work rate he wouldn't be anywhere near my starting 11 he did try sat no goal attempts no assists says it all really maybe he can play centre half .

All in all we have a lot to do saying sorry means nothing you show your sorry by playing superbly tomorrow and sat and Vale winning both games .

That's the only way they can make up for Fleetwood lousy showing 

Archived