onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

Advert

Just now, Bobnewtonian said:

If you want dreadful pal you have a short memory... go back a few years and you will find dreadful.

Its not been far off mate and id say 95% of league clubs would of pulled the trigger. Im just saying i dont think fans had gone overboard with wanting him out.. but hes hear and hes got 3 wins from 5 for me now like joe b said lets give him a little time as there was improvement there tonight. Which hadnt seen in a while 

• Like 6

Well deserved win that. Thought we'd be up against it second half, but we didn't step off it, unusually kept focus and coped really well. 

Special mention to young Sharrock for a performance that excelled in nullifying CJ Hamilton,  who in the past, has caused horror to our left backs. His contribution for 70 odd minutes, was more impressive than the combined efforts of anyone else who's occupied that position all season. 

Ucheies imitation of a box of frogs, was a great foil for Wliio who was able to find the space to operate and impact the game in a way that none other in the squad can.  Bloody marvellous 

Shame about the pathetic elements, who, at 2-0 up, thought that the best way to get behind the team was to boo Loft when he replaced Willo.  

Anyway, we'll take tonight as a tonic, as we move on to bottom club Carlisle for a nailed on defeat, don't forget, that's what the Vale do better than anyone else. In reality, we should now follow tonight up with a solid performance and belief in that higher performance levels achieve better results.  21 points to go. UTV

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

We all get frustrated, Vtid. We all have different opinions. That's football. It's when ppl jump on the bandwagon because it's on trend that bothers me!

You've got a Vale podcast run by Vale fans who travel up & down the country who are quite entitled to their opinions... Crosby comes on & spends a couple of hours with them (when we're in a crap run of form by the way) & they're lapping it up. He's the best thing since sliced bread. Can't get enough of the guy. Couple of poor results later, they're saying they won't be renewing their season tickets if he's here next season & hoping we get tonked next game so he gets the sack, it's farcical!

Ultimately, we're all Vale fans & we all want the club to do well. That includes the ppl working for our club. Let's just try & get behind him & the whole club, even when we have a run of crap results. That includes Ryan Loft. He's a Vale player. Please can we quit with booing him when he is subbed on. It's embarrassing. 

If we were bottom 4 without a prayer or any signs of progress I'd be the the first to be asking why we aren't making a change. Take a step back Vale fans...

We're seeing youth come through like never before, we've got a new style of play, our GK is head & shoulders above anything we've had for a long while, our loan signings have been a massive upgrade. We've gone from Butterworth & Mipo to Arblaster & Devine. World's apart. We've even fluked our way to a cup QF! We've also got some really decent players on 2 x year deals, Garrity, Ripley, Chislett.

There's been enough signs of change & improvement & growth this season for me. We can't change everything in one go. Hopefully the fan base can show some patience & we can review where things are come the end of the season.

There's plenty to be grateful for. UTV.

amen to that. Roll on Carlisle! I actually liked butterworth 😂 funny how he can't get a minute at them now though. enjoy your evening pal 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ValeForever. said:

We all get frustrated, Vtid. We all have different opinions. That's football. It's when ppl jump on the bandwagon because it's on trend that bothers me!

You've got a Vale podcast run by Vale fans who travel up & down the country who are quite entitled to their opinions... Crosby comes on & spends a couple of hours with them (when we're in a crap run of form by the way) & they're lapping it up. He's the best thing since sliced bread. Can't get enough of the guy. Couple of poor results later, they're saying they won't be renewing their season tickets if he's here next season & hoping we get tonked next game so he gets the sack, it's farcical!

Ultimately, we're all Vale fans & we all want the club to do well. That includes the ppl working for our club. Let's just try & get behind him & the whole club, even when we have a run of crap results. That includes Ryan Loft. He's a Vale player. Please can we quit with booing him when he is subbed on. It's embarrassing. 

If we were bottom 4 without a prayer or any signs of progress I'd be the the first to be asking why we aren't making a change. Take a step back Vale fans...

We're seeing youth come through like never before, we've got a new style of play, our GK is head & shoulders above anything we've had for a long while, our loan signings have been a massive upgrade. We've gone from Butterworth & Mipo to Arblaster & Devine. World's apart. We've even fluked our way to a cup QF! We've also got some really decent players on 2 x year deals, Garrity, Ripley, Chislett.

There's been enough signs of change & improvement & growth this season for me. We can't change everything in one go. Hopefully the fan base can show some patience & we can review where things are come the end of the season.

There's plenty to be grateful for. UTV.

I wouldn't take much notice of what they say on the podcast non of them have any decent level of football knowledge. 

• Like 3

Can't get the Dipepa song out of my head

Thought we battled till the first goal and all goals came just at the right time to take the sting out of the opposition. Makes a change to be miles behind on possession but we win the game.

Garrity was immense again,helped Jack out at LWB. Chizzy and Devine show their obvious dribbling ability and the skill of Wilson is clear to see. A well earned win

Edited by DazFred
  • Like 4

Thought Blackpool looked half decent until they got to the box.....Rhodes has scored a few for them but looked dreadful and they just generally looked very impotent and lacking ideas when they got to the box. Reminded me very much of Vale earlier in the season.

Thought we started slowly but then got to grips with what they were trying to do....Thought we were the better side second half as we were a bit more direct and outran them.

Great win to finish off the year.

• Like 1

Think going direct will be the difference maker. We were hitting Uche a lot, and getting runners around him - giving Wilson some space.

Both the first and the second goal came from very direct moves, and the third was a set-piece.

Aggression, organisation, direct positive football  - the PVFC way.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 2

I’ll happily hold my hand up and say I was one of those who wanted us to lose if it meant Crosby going as I couldn’t see him turning it around. Very happy to get a good win instead. I’m still not sold on Crosby but he can win me back with more games like today, and less like Wycombe, Barnsley etc.

Need to build on this performance now and not go back to the awful displays we’ve been putting in recently.

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 2

On the game itself, though we played very well. Impressed by both wing backs, thought it would be too much for them but they did well. Everyone had a good game. Shoutout to Uche who had his best game since his return. Held the ball up most times he got it and made it stick. Really helped us to get up the pitch. Think it helped a lot having another mobile forward next to him for support, would like to see the same formation again.

Also - I think Loft is an atrocious footballer, but booing him as he comes on is a <ovf censored> disgrace. Hang your heads in shame.

• Like 3