onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

I lot of positives from yesterday! A fantastic win and a lot of very good performances and some great link up play. We need a few more efforts like this especially at home to erase some of the dire efforts dished up previously. Well done to the young lads  I think a bit of Oli has rub off them! Debra and Uche are always going to be a threat. Willo Chiz and Garity just wow! 

• Like 1

Advert

An interesting comment by Crosby after the game last night, where he basically admitted we finally decided to utilise Uche’s strengths. Which then makes me question the Uche signing- why has it taken around three months to get to this point? 

Uche caused absolute carnage last night, and he was a goal away from a brilliant performance. 

A really pleasing watch last night. An energetic, battling performance coupled with some real classy moments. 

I do think it’s unfair to just give one player the man of the match, as it genuinely could have gone to anyone.

The win is now a real building block, and a result against Carlisle really does put us in a good position for the remainder of the season. 

I’m still not sold on Crosby, but what do I know? 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

An interesting comment by Crosby after the game last night, where he basically admitted we finally decided to utilise Uche’s strengths. Which then makes me question the Uche signing- why has it taken around three months to get to this point? 

Uche caused absolute carnage last night, and he was a goal away from a brilliant performance. 

A really pleasing watch last night. An energetic, battling performance coupled with some real classy moments. 

I do think it’s unfair to just give one player the man of the match, as it genuinely could have gone to anyone.

The win is now a real building block, and a result against Carlisle really does put us in a good position for the remainder of the season. 

I’m still not sold on Crosby, but what do I know? 

Thought Big Uche was brillant without scoring, that cruyff turn to completely take out 2 players down the line was great play. Some of his control, touches & hold up play was fantastic last night. He wasn't brought in to score goals his record shows that but when he plays like that damn we have a good player & one hell of a nuisance on our hands. I get your point regarding man of the match but can see why Shorrock got it on his full debut at only 16 years old to put in a display like that it was truly warranted. A lot of good performances last night 👍🏻 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

I thought Blackpool played like we have been doing most of the time and we played like teams have been playing against us, clinical, if that makes sense.

How's Jordan Rhodes scored 15 goals playing for them?

Watching the match last night, I was listening to the Blackpool commentary which included Gary Bower. They were very very complementary about Shorrock, Lomax & Devine. They could not believe that Shorrock is only 16.

Was Jordan Rhodes playing? 😅 Wonder if Shorrock has emptied hamilton out of his back pocket yet. 

Playing 2 up top forces us to get the ball forward quicker as there are less options in midfield for pretty triangles. With devine, and Ojo when he is back, we do have two players capable of playing very accurate passes into feet. Let's see where this leads. It does rely on Uche having a good game but the guy seems up for it.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Finally! I always got the impression he always treated whichever striker came on like a small quick “poacher” (if this was Football Manager) whether that suited them or not. So after about 60 minutes we had Uch/Lofty chasing through balls into the box, sneaking to the back post for tap ins etc and achieving precisely nothing. Not playing to their “big lumbering target man” prowess.

I remember at one point in one match he had both on at once playing like that. The whole opposition could’ve gone home and we would be playing for several hours without scoring. 

15 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

And Ryan, he was got in for the same role imo. Anyone who thinks he was got in to bag us 20 goals a season needs a check up from the neck up.
Supporters booing him and constantly slating him is diabolical. He needs confidence and our support, now more than any other time since he's been with us.

Which stand did the booing come from? 
I was in the hamil towards the back and was expecting it but never heard it 

There was also a few loft will tear u apart songs that a few tried to get going 

3 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Which stand did the booing come from? 
I was in the hamil towards the back and was expecting it but never heard it 

There was also a few loft will tear u apart songs that a few tried to get going 

We all know he's not everyone's fan favourite but we have to get behind him. His confidence is shot & the only way for that to change is support him not bloody boo him 🙄 also a goal would help 😂

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 4

Great result 

so pleased to see Ripley taking ‘proper’ goal kicks rather than the back 3 faffing around with it. 
Belting it long to Uche immediately puts the opposition having to deal with something even if it’s a bit of random control from Uche at times. He had a really good game last night 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

And Ryan, he was got in for the same role imo. Anyone who thinks he was got in to bag us 20 goals a season needs a check up from the neck up.

True - I enjoyed that one that Lofty dipped in front of the keeper from about 30 yards out showed he isn't scared to have a pop 

Gotta say though - I love a bit of Uche chaos - might even tempt me out of my I LUV LUCAS jimjams😮😮😮😍😍😍

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Vtid said:

We all know he's not everyone's fan favourite but we have to get behind him. His confidence is shot & the only way for that to change is support him not bloody boo him 🙄 also a goal would help 😂

Totally agree mate 

There was 3 lads sat near me everything that came out of there mouths was a moan or criticism of our players and manager but honestly after the 1st goal and I commented on it they sat there in silence 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

In the league weve been dire for months that is my viewpoint before last night bar the wigan game. Beating some league two teams in a cup didnt sugar coat that for me. Cheltenham wycombe lincoln barnsley derby boro exeter Shrewsbury Peterborough bristol rovers were all terrible in my eyes. If you don't agree thats fine but to have that many poor performances in a short space of time didnt fill me with much hope. Ive always wanted crosby to do well and would love him to turn it around but i wasnt hopeful. Last night there was a major improvement in performance so im hoping its a turning point and im willing to give him a chance.

I'll leave it at this - l think we've got a very different understanding of the words "dire" and "terrible".