onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

Majestic performance from Vale tonight and for a fan like myself, it is even more special as it is only the second time I have seen Vale win in last thirteen matches attended and the performance after the first twenty five minutes after Blackpool had had five corners and our players started to believe that they might be able be able to put Blackpool to the sword.

What a superb performance from the players even Uche had a good game and was so unlucky just before half time when Dan Grimshaw Blackpool made a terrific save to twart Uche. If he scores a goal it will boast his confidence. Same inapplicable to Ryan Loft. Shocking that some so called Vale fans roundly booed him when replacing James Wilson. We all support Vale so let's get behind the players. Look we are 14th in the table and not bottom and even if we were booing players won't help them play better.

Turning to young sixteen year old debutant Jack Shorrock absolutely first class. He had the menacing CJ Hamilton in his pocket. For me when Ben Garrity dispatched his tremendous strike past the despairing dive of Blackpool stopper in the 39th minute, gave the players the confidence they so desperately needed.

Second half Vale again took the game to Blackpool and after 57 minutes the irrepressible James Wilson struck a delightful second goal, to give Vale the momentum going into the final third of the game and cap the performance club captain and returning to the side Nathan Smith despatches a third goal.

Andy Crosby OK he may well not be flavour of the month, but in the past five league matches he has secured three victories in five matches and goals scored column has reached twenty four and down to minus nine in goals deficit column.

For me it's onwards and upwards loan players this season we have had Ollie Arblaster and Alfie Devine plus an excellent signing in Ethan Chislett and so many extremely talented youngsters now being introduced to the first team. Where else in League One or Two is there any club with so many talented teenagers being introduced to first team football.

UTV

• Like 8

Advert

Thought everyone put in a shift tonight and showed what is possible when we do. Thought Wilson, Devine and Shorrock were excellent and considering we are down to bare bones, it was one of our best performances of the season. 

In general the crowd were also good bar the booing of Loft when he came on which to me is moronic. To be fair to him, he did put himself about and although he has a long way to go to convince me he’s worthy of a starting place, I wouldn’t boo the lad. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, smithie said:

Actually, you can argue against it. It's absolute nonsense to say we've been "dire" and "dreadful" for 3 months! Or don't the Mansfield, Burton and Wigan games count? Or by all accounts a very good performance at Pompey? Or picking up a very decent haul of points away from home, even with sub-par performances?  Or reaching a Cup quarter-final?

Wouldn't 3 months of "dire and dreadful" performances see us bottom with no goals and no points? No progress in cups presumably?

If people wanted him out without any thought for the bigger picture (such as injuries, some bad luck and a glut of fixtures (including 4 FA Cup ties) that's on them. Maybe next time we have a sticky patch (which, believe it, or not all teams do) think whether a bit of patience and leeway for a thoroughly decent manager might be a better option.                

Spot on

• Like 1

Great win glad the recepient of my season ticket had a great night .

Watched it Ripleys made two big saves one at start of game and one in second half .

Masterstroke putting Debrah on left that lad can play anywhere and make it easy .

Chislett 2 assists he is quality Wilson adds so much and Uche never stopped he was excellent ,Lowe also but man of the match Ben Garrity .

The young lads did well think Lomax struggled in second half but Lowey kept been in the right place when balls come in .

Shorrock very quick and good .

A good team performance

Well done Vale 

Brought the old year to a end in in style .

Them first 2 goals were sublime especially the first great movement great goal .

Wilson glad we got him 

Baylee and Loft did well also chased lost causes and had quality at times .

UTV 

Great win glad the recepient of my season ticket had a great night .
Watched it Ripleys made two big saves one at start of game and one in second half .
Masterstroke putting Debrah on left that lad can play anywhere and make it easy .
Chislett 2 assists he is quality Wilson adds so much and Uche never stopped he was excellent ,Lowe also but man of the match Ben Garrity .
The young lads did well think Lomax struggled in second half but Lowey kept been in the right place when balls come in .
Shorrock very quick and good .
A good team performance
Well done Vale 
Brought the old year to a end in in style .
Them first 2 goals were sublime especially the first great movement great goal .
Wilson glad we got him 
Baylee and Loft did well also chased lost causes and had quality at times .

UTV 

You forgot to mention Smiths excellent performance and goal.........

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Valiiant said:

This is dreadful! Crosby out, you utter goonie. We won't score if we're still playing this time tomorrow.

Its now 'tomorrow '

Just got back from the pub celebrating a 3 - 0 win.

Sorry, interrupted. What was you saying?

Actually, for once Crosby picked a line-up I didn't agree with too !!

Let's hope we disagree with his selections more often, hey.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Rory said:
17 minutes ago, Warren said:
This decisive win has encouraged me to keep coming in 2024. 

You had to ruin a good night didn't you?

In fairness Warren.....you don't seem to attend very often.....you talk and analyse a good game....and whinge about transport, trains, buses, not driving....blah blah blah

I've got a lot of respect for a few Crosby Out Vale fans tonight. @Valiiant @JoeB2 and @Vtid. fair play. We completely disagree on Crosby, but a fair and balanced reflection. I was over positive after Barnsley, because I happen to really like AC (such is football). I think I just want a decent ex-lower-league centre back to get a decent crack at management. And I hope he will.

Going more direct today showed a bit of managerial growth. He had more front-foot players available and flexed it a bit. 

Last note from me. I swapped my ticket tonight. Went back to my roots at the back of the Paddock. Best experience ever. Watching just felt right again.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

amen to that. Roll on Carlisle! I actually liked butterworth 😂 funny how he can't get a minute at them now though. enjoy your evening pal 

In the run up to last Christmas Butterworth looked a Championship quality player. What went wrong after I'm not sure. Maybe struggles when a team is on the back foot, or heavy pitches, or just too inconsistent, or just a loss of confidence.  I suspect he doesn't really suit Carlisle's current style of play, although he'd probably play quite well with Chislett and Devine. 

• Like 1