onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley (H) match thread - Boxing Day

robf

9 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Someone here said he was worthy because he won a few headers a few weeks ago. Which shows you what little ambition some of our fanbase have.

Though that person is probably spending the afternoon with his nurse today feeding the ducks at Rudyard.

might have been me - im sorry 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Advert

3 minutes ago, mighty vale said:

Sat in the Hamil, usually in the Paddock but can't for obvious reasons.

Absolute rubbish but I actually don't blame the players. Every time we have possession or a throw-in in a dangerous area, we decide against playing a risky pass to go for an attack, go backwards and end up at the keeper/full back who then ends up playing a rubbish pass under pressure from their strikers. 

That being said, not happy with the fans booing Ripley and the fan having an arguement with him at the end of the half. Any League 1 keeper who was passed back to and had as much possession as him would get found out equally as much. The tactics tell the players to bass back to him as often as possible. No problem with fans showing what they think of Crosby's tactics but Ripley is one of  the few reasons we have any points this year...

I don't think the fans are booing Ripley but the total negative standard of play.

• Like 1

The only player who looks like he gives a crap is Devine and he isn’t even our player. The game itself is almost an action replay of the first one and that just tells me Crosby has learned nothing. My guess is Carol will try and drag it out but there’s enough evidence over a period of time now that he’s not going to improve or adjust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

Nope, chose not to today but I’m not hammering this forum every 30 seconds repeating the same thing.

Instead you’re hammering it with your pontificating.

This is utter dog <ovf censored> mate. Camels back territory today, open conflict in the stands. It can’t go on. 

• Like 7

Meanwhile, Barrow under Pete Wild - assembled on a shoe string - are beating leaders Stockport - assembled with a fat cheque book - 2-1 at home.

We should go get him before someone else in trouble beats us to it. 

And Cambridge, rejuvenated under their new manager, are winning away at Oxford 0-1. Amazing what real leadership can do, on and off the pitch.

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 8

26 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Against a good team like this I don’t understand why we’ve not played this half by being more compact. We are so open with both wingbacks playing high and centre midfield runners running through unopposed without someone sitting in front of the back 4. 

Well, I’m asking the same questions at half time as I did against Bolton, as I did against Derby, as I did against Boro…. why the Hell aren’t we making it ugly and uncomfortable and not trying to out-football clearly superior sides. And that’s why he’s Gannon-esque, it’s being too stubborn to deviate from his “philosophy” even though it’s clearly not the right approach. I knew today would be a horror show are Boro and Wycombe given the absence of our two best midfielders, I’m kicking myself for no having money on it tbh.

Edited by Biddulph_PV
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Instead you’re hammering it with your pontificating.

This is utter dog <ovf censored> mate. Camels back territory today, open conflict in the stands. It can’t go on. 

Don’t disagree, but what do you suggest?  Crosby gone, a Flitcroft replacement? Players are <ovf censored>, team selection is <ovf censored>, tactics are <ovf censored> but these will be the same with a new manager.

6 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

When players start arguing with fans in the stand, you need serious changes at the club.

Who was arguing? 

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Sounds like warfare down there. To be fair it’s carnage here on my settee with 3 dogs fighting, not sure if it’s because of the game or if they want just one of the toy bones they had for xmas. 

• Haha 4