onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Football forum

Walka003

The media strip launches are on another universe in quality and imagination compared to the 'shirt on a mannequin' strip launch during the era of 'the best sponsors the club has ever had' era !! Lol 

To borrow a Remembrance phrase  ,,, 'Lest They Forget, mah mate!'

We really should thank God for the professionalism with which our club is owned and run these days.

UTV

Advert

Brian,

As one of the people Tim (who I know personally and admire for his views and all he did during the V2001 aberration) is probably referring to then I can only say that PVFC Supporters Clubs have a history going back many decades for falling out with the club.

Whether that is because we have been 'blessed' with <ovf censored> owners throughout that time (quite possible) or is it a case of the SC not adopting a balanced viewpoint over the years?

I do know I got it wrong during the V2001 era, so I hold my hands up to that, but if the SC are finding they can't work anymore with the family who not only kept the Vale in existence but actually provided the investment to get us promoted whilst also investing more in the infrastructure of the club than any owner has in the 64 years I have been a supporter then maybe the SC needs to take a step back and look at the wider picture before condemning Carol and saying the club currently stinks.

The majority of our fans do not think the club stinks I suspect.

BTW are Tim's views the official view of the SC or just Tim's views?

I must ask him the next time we meet. I am always happy to have a pint with Tim because his passion for Vale is undoubted and believe it or not it is possible to like and admire people even when you hold opposite views.

UTV

Dave F

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

I see by the following which Tim Barber's posted and also some comments from David Thorley, The Supporters Club do not seem to be too happy with the club currently

"I'm posting this because I think it's relevant and based on some of the comments being made by certain posters who clearly cant see the wood for the trees. No doubt I'll get the usual suspects calling me names but heyho such is life.
I KNOW the supporters club had a meeting with the club a few weeks back about having a SC meeting at the club on a similar format to the announced event. It was felt it was important so the fans could ask DF what his plans were for different things and would be good to get his side of the story as he was/is getting flack from some supporters. It was felt that this was needed by the SC as one of it's roles is to achieve good communication between fans and the club.
The club agreed to this with the event being SC led with questions from the floor, so you could ask whatever you wanted within reason. Cue the club then not getting back to the SC but instead arranging their own event with only pre submitted questions which will be vetted. So you'll basically only have questions they want to answer and get pre approved answers.
This is not how an open and transparent club works and is the route previous regimes took and look how it turned out for them. It's another example of the club paying lip service to the fans and alienating the Supporters club, an organisation that does a lot of good work for the club but it seems the Club don't like them.
Its not the first time the club have arranged things behind the SC's back, after previously discussing it with them, and not the first event they've held which potentially clashes, or is near to, a SC night.
Couple the announced evening with Carol's video a few weeks back, where she wrote and answered her own questions, and I question why everything is being done in this way, what are they scared of being asked and how is it an example of an open and honest club?
To the Board; Carol openly admitted to us at the open evening shortly after buying the club, that without the SC and B&G's input they would never have got the club. But now it seems you don't want to engage with the SC and the fans in an open and transparent way, one of the things you promised. Please note that such attitudes were the downfall of previous regimes and should be something you should be mindful of. Please don't let all your fantastic work go down the pan by alienating your main asset, the fanbase, as we are the "good biscuits" Carol.
Quite frankly at the moment it all stinks"

I don’t know enough to hold an opinion or really get that animated about any of it but Dan Townley on Twitter has said that’s not correct what he’s saying about them only answering pre-submitted questions and they will open it to the floor for people to ask. Basically doing what they did at the last fans forum.

I see by the following which Tim Barber's posted and also some comments from David Thorley, The Supporters Club do not seem to be too happy with the club currently
"I'm posting this because I think it's relevant and based on some of the comments being made by certain posters who clearly cant see the wood for the trees. No doubt I'll get the usual suspects calling me names but heyho such is life. I KNOW the supporters club had a meeting with the club a few weeks back about having a SC meeting at the club on a similar format to the announced event. It was felt it was important so the fans could ask DF what his plans were for different things and would be good to get his side of the story as he was/is getting flack from some supporters. It was felt that this was needed by the SC as one of it's roles is to achieve good communication between fans and the club. The club agreed to this with the event being SC led with questions from the floor, so you could ask whatever you wanted within reason. Cue the club then not getting back to the SC but instead arranging their own event with only pre submitted questions which will be vetted. So you'll basically only have questions they want to answer and get pre approved answers. This is not how an open and transparent club works and is the route previous regimes took and look how it turned out for them. It's another example of the club paying lip service to the fans and alienating the Supporters club, an organisation that does a lot of good work for the club but it seems the Club don't like them. Its not the first time the club have arranged things behind the SC's back, after previously discussing it with them, and not the first event they've held which potentially clashes, or is near to, a SC night. Couple the announced evening with Carol's video a few weeks back, where she wrote and answered her own questions, and I question why everything is being done in this way, what are they scared of being asked and how is it an example of an open and honest club? To the Board; Carol openly admitted to us at the open evening shortly after buying the club, that without the SC and B&G's input they would never have got the club. But now it seems you don't want to engage with the SC and the fans in an open and transparent way, one of the things you promised. Please note that such attitudes were the downfall of previous regimes and should be something you should be mindful of. Please don't let all your fantastic work go down the pan by alienating your main asset, the fanbase, as we are the "good biscuits" Carol. Quite frankly at the moment it all stinks"
Oh it's the close season, what can we moan about and sxxx stir about for the next few weeks honestly it does my swede in

Dan Townley on Twitter

One of the reasons we ask supporters to pre-submit is so we don’t have 50+ of the same question.

Those in attendance will 100% have the opportunity to add further questions/question points that have been made by those on the panel.

Seems reasonabe to me......

I think some folk have got very short memories regarding previous owners whilst being blind to current improvements being undertaken by the current owners.  To criticise the Carol & Co. regarding lack of comms is very narrow minded in the grand scheme of things.  I’m all for an open club, and all for the Supporters Club playing taking an active role in that, but the bottom line is that fans don’t have a divine right to know every minute detail of the day to day goings on.  We’re given a forum but that’s still not good enough.  Is everything in the club hunky dory?  No.  Does it have to be? No.  Do we need to know?  Not really.

I don't get all this 'we should be grateful for what we have now because it was terrible back in the day'. If something's not good enough, it's not good enough, regardless of whether it was even worse x amount of years ago. I think Carol is by far the best owner we've had in my lifetime but there are occasions when things could be done better. It shouldn't be considered controversial or "disrespectful" to point this out.

Fans will always criticise owners because enough is never enough even Man City fans boo if they are not winning by half time. But the supporters club should be and are held to a higher standard than us regular fans as they supposedly represent all of us, comments like they should charge fans a fiver and donate it to the Rudge statue are unacceptable in my eyes and it all just seems like a vanity project for a few people to say we did that aren't we great. Some one who supposedly represents them has even asked to know Flitcrofts salary and how many hours he works. I feel embarrassed that an organisation representing us is trying to push Carol out because it's causing divide amongst fans and it will end how it always does with a toxic atmosphere and Black & Gold marching up Hamil road.

I would have expected better from Members of the Supporters Club.

They give me the impression Port Vale Begins and Ends with John Rudge.

He was without doubt the Best Manager in my lifetime but now  is now and although everything isn’t perfect at the club, we do have the Best Owner in my Lifetime and the Supporters Club should be grateful and respect that.

They can go down the road if they wish and have a go at the Coates Family.

11 minutes ago, dishydave said:

Fans will always criticise owners because enough is never enough even Man City fans boo if they are not winning by half time. But the supporters club should be and are held to a higher standard than us regular fans as they supposedly represent all of us, comments like they should charge fans a fiver and donate it to the Rudge statue are unacceptable in my eyes and it all just seems like a vanity project for a few people to say we did that aren't we great. Some one who supposedly represents them has even asked to know Flitcrofts salary and how many hours he works. I feel embarrassed that an organisation representing us is trying to push Carol out because it's causing divide amongst fans and it will end how it always does with a toxic atmosphere and Black & Gold marching up Hamil road.

I don't think anyone is trying to push Carol out - that would be madness.  I don't think it's unreasonable to draw attention to some of the recent issues though - notably the Player of the Year fiasco.  

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I think some folk have got very short memories regarding previous owners whilst being blind to current improvements being undertaken by the current owners.  To criticise the Carol & Co. regarding lack of comms is very narrow minded in the grand scheme of things.  I’m all for an open club, and all for the Supporters Club playing taking an active role in that, but the bottom line is that fans don’t have a divine right to know every minute detail of the day to day goings on.  We’re given a forum but that’s still not good enough.  Is everything in the club hunky dory?  No.  Does it have to be? No.  Do we need to know?  Not really.

Totally agree mate

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I don't think anyone is trying to push Carol out - that would be madness.  I don't think it's unreasonable to draw attention to some of the recent issues though - notably the Player of the Year fiasco.  

Player of the year for a team that won 4 out of the last 23 games ?.

That would be the Fiasco.

Archived