onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Football forum

Walka003

Honestly no hatred. I just don’t think he has been truly effective and the most obvious issue with last season for me was the quality of recruitment that he has a degree of responsibility for. The quality of football, which as a director of said football, he is responsible for, was awful post Jan. If he was directing a film, it would get 1 star from me. 

The quality of football Is the managers domain , last season I found the football boring

Clarke gets the plaudits for promotion flitcroft doesn’t get any recognition but play rubbish boring football and win 2 in 20 games it’s all flitcrofts fault

A Bristol Rovers fan posted on the forum that Clarke was and is out of his depth in league 1 but it’s all flitcrofts fault

Clarke would never have been vale manager if it wasn’t for flitcroft but that again never gets mentioned

Advert

Honestly no hatred. I just don’t think he has been truly effective and the most obvious issue with last season for me was the quality of recruitment that he has a degree of responsibility for. The quality of football, which as a director of said football, he is responsible for, was awful post Jan. If he was directing a film, it would get 1 star from me. 

The quality of football Is the managers domain , last season I found the football boring

Clarke gets the plaudits for promotion flitcroft doesn’t get any recognition but play rubbish boring football and win 2 in 20 games it’s all flitcrofts fault

A Bristol Rovers fan posted on the forum that Clarke was and is out of his depth in league 1 but it’s all flitcrofts fault

Clarke would never have been vale manager if it wasn’t for flitcroft but that again never gets mentioned

Is not the quality of football the responsibility of the team manager? The DF can supply the players, performance is up to the team manager, adapting for injuries etc

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

I don't just think it's football fans or vale fans. I work in business, if performance in a particular division was poor, that department head would be under scrutiny. If that poor performance continued they'd be out the door.

We're almost like a listed business, with thousands of fans acting as shareholders. If the shareholders of the firm I work for didn't like results being put out or direction of travel, the directors would have there necks on the block.

If you want to run a club like a business as we've been told umpteen times, this scrutiny is what your in for.

I work in business also - the head of department is DF - 'everything the ball touches is DF'

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
3 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Is not the quality of football the responsibility of the team manager? The DF can supply the players, performance is up to the team manager, adapting for injuries etc

No it isn’t. A director of football directs the football. The manager manages it. The players he supplies and identifies are a fundamental factor of the quality of football. Poor quality players generally means poor quality football. 

1 hour ago, vale victory said:

Quite possibly and I’m pretty sure that is exactly what happened but again that’s flitcrofts fault again obviously emoji849.png

What about the summer? Bought in crap in the summer as well. Numerous loans just like under scumwaite, starting a season with a 17 year old cm up front and let’s not even mentioned the keeper debacle. Summer and Jan windows were a shambles. That may be budget related but there was too many shot in the dark signings like we had with Michael brown. 

What was he suppose to buy with no money he can only spend what he's allowed to.

37 minutes ago, dishydave said:
4 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

What was he suppose to buy with no money he can only spend what he's allowed to.

That’s a different argument. The money is Carol’s responsibility. We can only ask ourselves why more is not being spent with record crowds, shirt sales etc. 

34 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

That’s a different argument. The money is Carol’s responsibility. We can only ask ourselves why more is not being spent with record crowds, shirt sales etc. 

Looking round Vale Park and thinking about players contracts I can imagine where a lot of the increased revenue has gone. 

Figures from the EFL show that the Vale were paying £61,150.00 a week last season in wages, doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Archived