onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Football forum

Walka003

I appreciate Vale fans need for a pantomine villain; McKirdy, Smurthwaite I get but not the whole flitcroft thing. There's always room for improvement but no one can knock what we have achieve over the last 3 years, from near oblivion to retaining our L1 status. I'm certainly not going to base an opinion on what popey says either. Anyone that has an issue with the whole DoF thing needs to spend some time in the inner workings of the club to find out how much admin & red tape needs to be dealt with to free up the manager to focus on the training and man management.

Advert

All questions are vetted beforehand, so I doubt we'll get the chance to tell him or ask him anything to controversial.

They will take questions from the floor at the end they usually do .

I’m still bewildered at where the hatred of Flitcroft comes from ???

He’s had a poor window in January I agree but he recruited Clarke and a promotion winning squad in his first season , money bags Salford have been trying to buy there way into league 1 for 4 seasons now and flickers did it in his first season .

He’s had a poor window in January I agree but he recruited Clarke and a promotion winning squad in his first season , money bags Salford have been trying to buy there way into league 1 for 4 seasons now and flickers did it in his first season .

Salford, Bradford City, Mansfield and Swindon would love swop places with us, I've no idea where this hatred has come from, after all he recruited DC and got a squad together who got us up.

Suppose haters will always hate.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

All questions are vetted beforehand, so I doubt we'll get the chance to tell him or ask him anything to controversial.
Doesn't stop you or others from trying. So long as the questions are put in a constructive reasonable manner, and not just an all out attack on DF, you may be surprised. By all means, post the question(s) you submitted here and then, if they don't get answered, you can rightly query why

My problem with DF is that we put all responsibility of the last 6 months on DC's shoulders instead of having a good old look around at what really was the problem.

To then suggest we fixed said problem by promoting the sacked managers assistant reeks of throwing someone under the bus and not really tackling the issue - which to me was clearly the January transfer window - something that was not the responsibility of the manager. 

That's all, other than that I think he's done an excellent job. To turn a profit on players sold / bought in a promotion season is fantastic work. 

My problem with DF is that we put all responsibility of the last 6 months on DC's shoulders instead of having a good old look around at what really was the problem.
To then suggest we fixed said problem by promoting the sacked managers assistant reeks of throwing someone under the bus and not really tackling the issue - which to me was clearly the January transfer window - something that was not the responsibility of the manager. 
That's all, other than that I think he's done an excellent job. To turn a profit on players sold / bought in a promotion season is fantastic work. 
The same DF who also brought in AC with vast league and promotion experience. On his shoulders is also the decision to promote him. Time will tell.

I don't just think it's football fans or vale fans. I work in business, if performance in a particular division was poor, that department head would be under scrutiny. If that poor performance continued they'd be out the door.

We're almost like a listed business, with thousands of fans acting as shareholders. If the shareholders of the firm I work for didn't like results being put out or direction of travel, the directors would have there necks on the block.

If you want to run a club like a business as we've been told umpteen times, this scrutiny is what your in for.

I don't just think it's football fans or vale fans. I work in business, if performance in a particular division was poor, that department head would be under scrutiny. If that poor performance continued they'd be out the door.

We're almost like a listed business, with thousands of fans acting as shareholders. If the shareholders of my firm didn't like results being put out or direction of travel, the directors would have there necks on the block.

If you want to run a club like a business as we've been told umpteen times, this scrutiny is what your in for.

Supporters aren't shareholders, they are customers.... Surely ?

I have no say whatsoever what goes on at Tesco except to vote with my feet.

Supporters aren't shareholders, they are customers.... Surely ?

I have no say whatsoever what goes on at Tesco except to vote with my feet.

I'd say we are more shareholders than customers. I mean I may not be speaking for yourself here, but I have vested interest in the running of the club and the performance of the club because I want the best for Vale. A customer of tesco wouldn't care as you say. If that's how you see yourself then fair enough.

4 hours ago, vale victory said:

The hatred might have come from those who first criticised the "Trust the Process" comment?

4 hours ago, vale victory said:

Honestly no hatred. I just don’t think he has been truly effective and the most obvious issue with last season for me was the quality of recruitment that he has a degree of responsibility for. The quality of football, which as a director of said football, he is responsible for, was awful post Jan. If he was directing a film, it would get 1 star from me. 

Archived