onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams can do nothing wrong and Gannon could do nothing right

Advert

You call him a muppet because you don't like hearing the truth, which is that this squad is unbelievably mediocre, and Micky Adams isn't the great manager you think he is.

Believe me some think he is the best manager we have ever had. Them same ones were abusing Brian Horton during the macc game. A much better manager than Adams he was. I can understand there was low moral etc but his attistude during admin, his critisism of fans during the anti Bratt period, his joining of the board so that Miller and Deaking could join. Adams then used the excuse of joining the board so he could sign players then he signed crap players.

Stockport 16th in The BSP.

Seems Gannon is still trying to find a level he can compete at.

Im pretty sure they were in the relegation zone when he took over.... He also got them promoted to League 1 which people seem to forget. I'm not saying he was the right man for Vale, I'm just saying he's not as bad as a manager as alot of Vale fans think.

I've got to say I don't really rate Adams and today's actions have heightened these views, however I think we need to look again at the start of the season and see who we bring in. People on here have every right to feel agreeved as Adams has never actually succeeded at vale and is mister mediocre, there are a number of reasons why people think its time for someone else to have a go. However I think we should give him at least to Christmas and re assess the situation from there.

Regarding gannon, good manager for the right team and bunch of players, would have had more success at vale if he had been hired in the summer where he would have time to change it, what he did was suicide because of the timing, although what he said was correct.

Im pretty sure they were in the relegation zone when he took over.... He also got them promoted to League 1 which people seem to forget. I'm not saying he was the right man for Vale, I'm just saying he's not as bad as a manager as alot of Vale fans think.

Micky has achieved more as a manager to date than Gannon ever will in his whole career.

Under Sinnot and then Glover Vale were on the slippery slope out of the Football League, since his appointment Micky Adams has stabilised the club and even held it together post Admin. If it were not for his departure to Sheff Utd last season and the 10pt deduction this season, under his management Vale may well be in League 1 or currently in the play-offs. MA should continue as manager, now is not the time to risk appointing a promising but unproven non-league manager or even someone with a track record in the FL as success at one club doesn't always translate into success at the new club. IMO, better the devil you know in this case.

2009-10 - a rebuilding season yet we finished just 4 points off the play-offs and were 7th with two games to go.

2010-11 - we were 2nd when Adams left and despite Gannons best efforts only finished 3 points off the play-offs.

2011-12 - without a points deduction we'd have been 3 points off the play-offs.

So why break up a team that have been just on a fringes of promotion for three seasons and start again? It's a stupid idea.

Evolution not revolution is the way forward and Adams is the right man do it for me.

Have a look at what TonyH says and then see where these better managers are.

So why break up a team that have been just on a fringes of promotion for three seasons and start again? It's a stupid idea.

Fringes (ish) of the playoffs (or mid table) for three seasons. A big difference between that and promotion.

Have people forgot we were so close of not having a team to support and allready loads of you have written the season off allready , if I was a player or Mr Keith Ryder reading this I would wonder why we bothered ................CHEER ****** UP ....... start moaning if we are bottom at christmas !!!!!!

Have people forgot we were so close of not having a team to support and allready loads of you have written the season off allready , if I was a player or Mr Keith Ryder reading this I would wonder why we bothered ................CHEER ****** UP ....... start moaning if we are bottom at christmas !!!!!!

Its a football forum, it always has been and why Rob started it off, its to discuss football matters. Who signs or not is very much a football matter.

There are some bizarre posts, equally though some people are asking valid questions about who he is sending offers to

So the board have gone and now its the manager.

When you get to the groundsman give me a nudge.

The season is just over. 16 of the first team are out of contract and some people think the best thing to happen would be getting rid of the manager (with a payout - waste of money) and then having a new manager come in, get new players in, they have to settle, manager has to settle, oh and after all that, you want promotion. If not I guess there will be demands for Ryder, Adams, The Supporters Club, etc etc all to resign immediately...

What a crap idea.

The core of the team is fine and needs about 5 higher quality players to get those extra few points that we've missed out on over the last 3 seasons.

MA now has a better set up (ie. professional) at the club and has the business backing he needed from day one and didn't get. I admit if he doesn't manage it next season then Vale should look to freshen things up.

Some of the posts that have been written about Adams and Gannon in the last 18 months have amazed me.

Micky Adams has been in charge now more or less for a few seasons and we have achieved absolutely nothing. When he took over we were a mid table League 2 season and sure enough we have finished mid table again this season. In my opinion even without the points deduction we weren't good enough this season to make the playoff or go up. Quite simply the team/squad isn't good enough and when you compare it with the likes of Swindon, Shrewsbury then i m afraid we deserve to finish where we do. Even smaller teams such as Torquay, Cheltenham have overtaken us. Micky has had an opportunity today to set the stall out for next season. To clear the decks and release players like Haldane, Pope and Rob Taylor who are nothing more than average mediocre League two players who may have a good game once in a while but are simply not up tot the task of firing us into League one. I just can't understand his logic in keeping them. Haldane and Rob Taylor have under performed for a few seasons now. Some of the criticism been fired towards Mickey today is fair in my opinion. He has for a few seasons now extended contracts for average players like Yates and seems inept at finding new talent. I m sure that Micky would have offered Yates a new deal if he was out of contract and for me he has been awful.

I think a lot of supporters were expecting a lot more players to be shipped out today in the belief that a lot of the current squad are not good enough. IF Jim Gannon was manager currently i would have put my house on him chopping and changing the squad and getting rid of the players who don't score, can't cross and can't even pass to another player in a white shirt sometimes.

Some supporters on here will defend Adams come what may yet slate Jim Gannon all day long. Adams hasn't achieved anything yet in how many years. In my opinion he has had a good crack of the whip and really has got to get us into the playoffs at least next season. Anything less will be just be a failure. He has been given more than an opportunity and a number of seasons now to get it right.

A lot of supporters hate Gannon but he would have at least cleared the decks and got some new players in who hopefully could at least pass to each other. A lot of what he said was true about the squad not being good enough and Roberts being out of control and a drunk. How we as supporters laughed at him. Yes Gannon was not exactly a people person according to the squad but maybe thats because he was telling them a few home truths. He would have released a lot more players today and i think his squad assessment is a lot more accurate that Adams'.

Personally i don't think either Gannon or Adams are capable of getting us into League One. I hope that i m proved wrong.

so name the man who can get us out of this league if MA fails ............

Some of the posts that have been written about Adams and Gannon in the last 18 months have amazed me.

Micky Adams has been in charge now more or less for a few seasons and we have achieved absolutely nothing. When he took over we were a mid table League 2 season and sure enough we have finished mid table again this season. In my opinion even without the points deduction we weren't good enough this season to make the playoff or go up. Quite simply the team/squad isn't good enough and when you compare it with the likes of Swindon, Shrewsbury then i m afraid we deserve to finish where we do. Even smaller teams such as Torquay, Cheltenham have overtaken us. Micky has had an opportunity today to set the stall out for next season. To clear the decks and release players like Haldane, Pope and Rob Taylor who are nothing more than average mediocre League two players who may have a good game once in a while but are simply not up tot the task of firing us into League one. I just can't understand his logic in keeping them. Haldane and Rob Taylor have under performed for a few seasons now. Some of the criticism been fired towards Mickey today is fair in my opinion. He has for a few seasons now extended contracts for average players like Yates and seems inept at finding new talent. I m sure that Micky would have offered Yates a new deal if he was out of contract and for me he has been awful.

I think a lot of supporters were expecting a lot more players to be shipped out today in the belief that a lot of the current squad are not good enough. IF Jim Gannon was manager currently i would have put my house on him chopping and changing the squad and getting rid of the players who don't score, can't cross and can't even pass to another player in a white shirt sometimes.

Some supporters on here will defend Adams come what may yet slate Jim Gannon all day long. Adams hasn't achieved anything yet in how many years. In my opinion he has had a good crack of the whip and really has got to get us into the playoffs at least next season. Anything less will be just be a failure. He has been given more than an opportunity and a number of seasons now to get it right.

A lot of supporters hate Gannon but he would have at least cleared the decks and got some new players in who hopefully could at least pass to each other. A lot of what he said was true about the squad not being good enough and Roberts being out of control and a drunk. How we as supporters laughed at him. Yes Gannon was not exactly a people person according to the squad but maybe thats because he was telling them a few home truths. He would have released a lot more players today and i think his squad assessment is a lot more accurate that Adams'.

Personally i don't think either Gannon or Adams are capable of getting us into League One. I hope that i m proved wrong.

the one things adams as done wrong was leave for sheffield utd, if he'd have stayed we would have gone up, this season if we hadn't gone into admin we would have reached the play offs.

the players he as offered contracts to may not resign yet we dont know what as been offered plus to boot out 12 players and then try to get that amount back in is crazy for me to bring in 5 or 6 better quality players is tough enough.

Archived