onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams can do nothing wrong and Gannon could do nothing right

Of course it's the argument, you said you can forgive him for leaving for his boyhood club only. However, prior to that, he tried to leave for a club he has no connection with. Do you forgive him for that?

I forgave him then along came him joining the vale board which changed a lot. If it was not for Adams Miller and deakin could not have joined the board.

Advert

People are saying judge Adams on this season only. This will be his squad now. People are forgetting he re-signed most of these players two years ago too. It was just as much his squad then, as it is now. I judge Adams on what I consider to be, the only fair way, the evidence that preceeds him.

First Season - Mid table finish.

Second Season - He applied for the Colchester job. We were then in the automatic places at Christmas (although perfomance was starting to drop), he left for Sheff Utd. Took them down and came back to the Vale on 3 times the salary. Vale meanwhile dropped back down to mid table.

Third Season - He joined the board of Directors, propped up the old regime. Suggested he would buy shares (he didn't), said he only joined the board to sign players (contradiction), said he resigned from the board (Lie. He didn't, Stan Meigh withdrew his proxy). Failed to show any tactical nouse or "plan B" when things weren't going our way, and even without the points deduction we would not have made the play-offs. It's well known that Mickys biggest strength is his ability to motivate, he couldn't even motivate himself at times, for example the Accrington game when he said he didn't care about the result. Yes we had gone into admin, but he's a professional, and if he can't motivate himself, never mind the players, what use is he?

Now onto his dealings in the transfer market. Who has he signed who has been a success? Loft, Davies and to a lesser extent Shuker. He has now re-signed the majority of players who have shown to lack the ability and bottle to finish above mid-table.

Is it not obvious why people are underwhelmed and have doubts about next season?

And yes, I will be getting a season ticket.

The arguement was about Adams leaving for Utd & coming back, which i've answered. How can i forgive someone for something i know nothing about?

You know now. Are you happy he tried to leave for a club prior to going to Sheff Utd?

2009-10 - a rebuilding season yet we finished just 4 points off the play-offs and were 7th with two games to go.

2010-11 - we were 2nd when Adams left and despite Gannons best efforts only finished 3 points off the play-offs.

2011-12 - without a points deduction we'd have been 3 points off the play-offs.

So why break up a team that have been just on a fringes of promotion for three seasons and start again? It's a stupid idea.

Evolution not revolution is the way forward and Adams is the right man do it for me.

Have a look at what TonyH says and then see where these better managers are.

That's a pretty decent summary there Twitters to be fair.:yes:

But at the same time even as Adams said himself last week; whilst we're not too far off from the play-offs if it wasn't for the points deduction, I can't help but feel that we're still some way off the three teams that went up automatically last season.

I didn't go to them many Vale games last season but I did go when we lost 2-0 at home to eventual Champions Swindon. They were miles ahead of us.:(

Of course it's the argument, you said you can forgive him for leaving for his boyhood club only. However, prior to that, he tried to leave for a club he has no connection with. Do you forgive him for that?

Forgive him for something that he didn't do..i.e joining Colchester?

Who knows if he would have taken it, who knows why he was looking to go to Colchester but the point is he didn't so does not need forgiveness for not going???!!??!??

Give the guy this season to get rid and to bring in players that he wants and to coach them into being a good team that at least gets into the playoffs. Fail to do that and he deserves the chop

Im pretty sure they were in the relegation zone when he took over.... He also got them promoted to League 1 which people seem to forget. I'm not saying he was the right man for Vale, I'm just saying he's not as bad as a manager as alot of Vale fans think.

Gannon was an absolute bafoon - end of. He had no respect for the players, staff or anyone else connected with the club. And he's also a racist which says it all a bit like our previosu chairman.

I would have liked to see what JG would have done given time and support but his mistake was to come with out his own staff and not to take PR lessons.

Not a fan of MA s football but this season he will have my support and hope we can compete.

Don't forget we should be happy that we are able to start next season let alone compete I think people are getting carried away with the KRs got money to spend so we will walk promotion attitude.

WHAT is this silly season!!!!!

We have finished with 69 points (with 10 taken away) three behind Crewe who ARE in the play offs.

I have no doubt that without this and debacle of unpaid wages etc. that would be us.

MA's decision to retain the 16 makes absolute sense to me (and many others)

All probably will not sign so add six or seven BETTER players nd we will have a team capable of promotion.

To me RICO is the key, keep him plus others and we are on our way!

I have no doubt that without this and debacle of unpaid wages etc. that would be us.

No doubt? You'll never know and don't forget that Adams played his part in supporting the old board. Oh yes, he can't do any wrong and anyone who thinks different is an idiot. It's called debate and arguing the point with proof not abusing those with opposing views.

Archived