onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams can do nothing wrong and Gannon could do nothing right

No doubt? You'll never know and don't forget that Adams played his part in supporting the old board. Oh yes, he can't do any wrong and anyone who thinks different is an idiot. It's called debate and arguing the point with proof not abusing those with opposing views.

Didn't Adams join the board so he would be able to sign players?

Advert

An objective assessment. When Adams took over Port Vale were not far away from being relegated to the Conference. He has got the team in to the top half of the division and coming close to making the playoffs. If he had stayed when he went to Sheffield United - for very good career reasons that most people would subscribe to in their own lives - he may have challenged for automatic promotion. He has signed players that could be afforded within the club's budget and has taken risks to bring in players with potential who may or may not make it as full time professionals. Some have not worked out - Burge with injury, Green (actually a full back with a lot of skill) not having commitment. Some have been good - Loft, Shuker etc.

I think it is right to judge Micky Adams at the end of next season when I hope he will have had a stable club environment to work in. Then the whole season can be fully attributed to his management.

I don't hate Jim Gannon. From what I saw as a fan, the events that occurred and his handling of colleagues, players and the media, I think he may have a narcissistic personality disorder. That warrants sympathy and support, but being a football manager in the media spotlight is a hard place to get help and sport is about competing and winning. He is not a good comparison for Micky Adams - try Horton, Foyle, Sinnott and Glover etc.

He has ... taken risks to bring in players with potential who may or may not make it as full time professionals. Some have not worked out - Burge with injury, Green (actually a full back with a lot of skill) not having commitment. Some have been good - Loft, Shuker etc.

He's taken no risks. He doesn't go out of his way to sign anyone with potential. He sticks to what he knows. Loft has worked out, that's one out of how many? Adams can't spot a decent player and he won't get anyone with potential (i.e. young) because he won't play them anyway. Three years he's been at the club and we haven't improved. We shouldn't need another year to judge him.

Lee Sinnot said "This club is rotten from root to branch and it needs sorting" fans called him a loon and out of his depth, how preofetic his words seem now.

Jim Gannon said "This squad of players is nt good enough, technically or in any other way" We called him a loon and.......see where im going with this.

Rose tinted spectacles aside and having the ability to speak without being brainwashed, these loons gave us an insite to what we all really knew inside but hadnt untill this year realised. They were the wrong men at the wrong time for this club, but these two comments alone have more truth in them than anything Mickey (tow the line Bratt lover) Adams ever could.

Lee Sinnot said "This club is rotten from root to branch and it needs sorting" fans called him a loon and out of his depth, how preofetic his words seem now.

Jim Gannon said "This squad of players is nt good enough, technically or in any other way" We called him a loon and.......see where im going with this.

Rose tinted spectacles aside and having the ability to speak without being brainwashed, these loons gave us an insite to what we all really knew inside but hadnt untill this year realised. They were the wrong men at the wrong time for this club, but these two comments alone have more truth in them than anything Mickey (tow the line Bratt lover) Adams ever could.

If Lee Sinnott & Jim Gannon are so great then why are they managing in the conference?

Yet we are all content with Mid Table Mickey??

No, alot of people on here want to give Micky one more season to prove himself. Alot of people on here are not happy about the retained list (me included), but while the club is in this transitional stage, for me to change the manager at such a crucial time would be madness. If we don't get promotion next year i'll be next to you asking why. Mid table in league two isn't good enough for Port Vale, so if Micky doesn't deliver next season with no distractions then i'll agree & say that Micky Adams isn't the one for Port Vale, until then i'm happy to give him one last shot.

Archived