onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams can do nothing wrong and Gannon could do nothing right

Martin Ling at Torquay. I hate to say it but i wouldn't even mind Steve Davis here. He seems to have breathed new life into Crewe.

Are you seriously saying you'd have Davis here when his only experience of managing in league football is a total of 16 matches? You must be a gambling man?

Advert

The negative threads over the last few days just show what a load of moaners there are on here nowadays. Why can't people just enjoy the fact we have our club back??? Weve fought long and hard to get where we are and STILL people find things to moan about. The negativity is baffling!! So what MA has retained a few more than we were expecting? Why does that make him a bad manager?? He's never been given a decent crack - he's had no money, idiots upstairs to deal with and still gave us a respectable finish to the season. And now we wanna get rid?? I just don't get the mentality of some on here, a few hidden agendas maybe?? Crazy

The negative threads over the last few days just show what a load of moaners there are on here nowadays. Why can't people just enjoy the fact we have our club back??? Weve fought long and hard to get where we are and STILL people find things to moan about. The negativity is baffling!! So what MA has retained a few more than we were expecting? Why does that make him a bad manager?? He's never been given a decent crack - he's had no money, idiots upstairs to deal with and still gave us a respectable finish to the season. And now we wanna get rid?? I just don't get the mentality of some on here, a few hidden agendas maybe?? Crazy

Yep! All of that. Mickey has never really had a Ryder behind him - now lets see what he can do unfettered by MOLD, SEO, bad luck with Haldane (anyone else think we might have done better with him?) proper season ticket sales etc.

If he can't get us up this season, then yes, he can go - but for pity's sake, give him a go.

Lee Sinnot said "This club is rotten from root to branch and it needs sorting" fans called him a loon and out of his depth, how preofetic his words seem now.

Jim Gannon said "This squad of players is nt good enough, technically or in any other way" We called him a loon and.......see where im going with this.

Rose tinted spectacles aside and having the ability to speak without being brainwashed, these loons gave us an insite to what we all really knew inside but hadnt untill this year realised. They were the wrong men at the wrong time for this club, but these two comments alone have more truth in them than anything Mickey (tow the line Bratt lover) Adams ever could.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

So the board have gone and now its the manager.

When you get to the groundsman give me a nudge.

The season is just over. 16 of the first team are out of contract and some people think the best thing to happen would be getting rid of the manager (with a payout - waste of money) and then having a new manager come in, get new players in, they have to settle, manager has to settle, oh and after all that, you want promotion. If not I guess there will be demands for Ryder, Adams, The Supporters Club, etc etc all to resign immediately...

What a crap idea.

The core of the team is fine and needs about 5 higher quality players to get those extra few points that we've missed out on over the last 3 seasons.

MA now has a better set up (ie. professional) at the club and has the business backing he needed from day one and didn't get. I admit if he doesn't manage it next season then Vale should look to freshen things up.

good post trampie, seems some people conner cope with the " new era " . and still need their fix of a good owd MOAN about the past

Why can't people just enjoy the fact we have our club back??? Weve fought long and hard to get where we are

Valefandan. I'm not arguing the point, but the fact is that the fans, via 2001 board, actually lost the club, hence the financial mess it's in now. The only result of the fighting between fans and the "fans" representatives, the old board as they liked to be known is administration, fans losing their investment, a load of creditors, many small businesses, never seeing their money back from Port Vale and a sale by the administrators, on the cheap, to another investor. Micky Adams, perhaps, naively created the perfect situation by joining the board enabling others to be voted on and similar dodgy dealings to take place.

There are no winners in this game, not yet by a long way.

I agree that giving Davis the job would be a gamble in that he is unproven but he seems to have brought some balance to the way Crewe play. They still pass the ball about but also he seems to have put some back bone in the team as well. Any manager is a gamble in a sense in that even experienced and proven managers get it wrong.

I guess at the minute i m just frustrated and i hope that with Keith Ryder things will change. However last season on the playing side especially in the first half of the season i just got fed up with our tactics of hitting the ball up to Pope every time. No wonder we weren't winning games it didn't take a genius to work out what we were going to do. It wasn't until Shuker arrived that we addressed this and he allowed the team to play and pass. His first touch and control gives the team extra time and we keep possession better when he is on the pitch. I just don't understand why this wasn't addressed earlier.

As regards my first post i guess it brought out my frustration in that things weren't right on the pitch for long periods last season. I brought Jim Gannon into the equation because during his tenure at the club he was actually advocating the type of football that most supporters really want instead of the hit and hope pressure football we seem to play under Mickey. I also brought Gannon up because he would cleared the decks this summer and got rid of the deadwood something which Adams hasn't. I m sure some supporters will agree with the argument of evolution not revolution. But in my opinion some players have no end product and have consistently failed for us for a few years like Rob Taylor and Haldane and they should have been released. I just don't get why Mickey has kept them.

I kind of wish Gannon had the motivational/communication skills of Mickey or vice versa.

Steve Davis and Neil Baker are working with a young group of players that have been together through Academy development and into the first team with one or two older heads. A completely different environment than that at Vale, with little opportunity or appreciation for youth.

if you release the "mediocre" players and the better ones dont sign a new contract how many players would we be left with? Maybe 5 or 6? How many better quality players would then be attracted to us when we wouldn't even have enough players to play a match?! This is the only reason hes offered contracts to the majority why cant people see this

if you release the "mediocre" players and the better ones dont sign a new contract how many players would we be left with? Maybe 5 or 6? How many better quality players would then be attracted to us when we wouldn't even have enough players to play a match?! This is the only reason hes offered contracts to the majority why cant people see this

So we are knowingly signing poor players whilst expecting our best ones to leave. And you say it in a tone that suggests we are silly for not just accepting this?

Archived