onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Information from the club

Brian

2 hours ago, jasmart02 said:

People are upset and feel let down that the club have not arranged a social evening for the fans  with a group of player who at various times since January have been accused of "downing tools", should never wear a Vale shirt again and not good enough for the league they are in. Also that a Player of the Year vote has not been taken when popular sentiment was that the only players that could win it all left in January. That is a pretty difficult sell to the playing staff.

This is pretty important - if you were a player would you want to sit in a room full of people who have slagged you off for 4 months?

Advert

11 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

Chris Birchall complaining on twitter, all the good people have left the club volunteer's leaving complaining the soul has gone from the club.
Says the club has 147 years of history but is it acknowledged ?

Bit of a weird post ......Sproson statue, one planned for Rudgey,

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Chris Birchall is one of the people who was ostracised by the club, but the question there is why?

Maybe he has an axe to grind? 🤔

34 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

She will always have credit in the bank forever for rescuing us from Smurthwaite.

However, she isn't immune from a bit of flak.

And I think saying that "we had a good January" was really disrespectful to Vale fans. We all know we didn't.

That felt very "politician like".

Let's go back to being honest.

"January could have been better, but we've learned from it" would have been better placed.

I set the ball rolling on this topic yesterday, not to have a go, but to provoke constructive comment, of which there has been a lot.

Of course the Shanahan family has massive credit in the bank, not just for paying off the previous owner, but also for the Hubb Foundation, Class during the Covid season and a bit, Promotion, Fanzone, Standing talking to the season ticket renewal queue at open day and much much more

I've been coming to the Vale since 1989, and already have my 23/24 ST, but we have attracted a lot of new fans over the last couple of years, and the average age of a Vale fan has dropped dramatically. These are the people that the club needs to nurture. It would be a shame if the goodwill built up since 2019 was frittered away, especially since it still feels like supporting the Vale is more fun for the floating voter(just about) than other local alternatives.

1 hour ago, valeblue said:

Can always give Smurf a ring see if he wants to come back? 
And the soul Birchill is on about, is that the soul that has kept Vale in the 3rd and 4th division for over twenty years? 

To be quite frank, the message of look how bad things were before, you should be grateful  is straight out of Sexmans handbook.

Or Bill Bratt's

Or Glenn Olivers

I'm happy with where we are, compared to where we've come from.

But that is absolutely no reason to treat your fan base the way we're doing now.

There's just no plan to anything at all.

Or maybe there is.

Who knows????

56 minutes ago, Granville said:

This is pretty important - if you were a player would you want to sit in a room full of people who have slagged you off for 4 months?

Even if we didn’t have  Player of the Year function at the very least we should have a vote. When is it happening?

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I get the distinct impression that we have a number of well paid people in key positions at the club from whom we are not getting value for money. 

I think that seems likely.

I hope we do something about that.

I think we need to.

Having read the thread, people sort of holds last season up against this season on the communication front.

I've said this many a time before, but it's quite easy actually:

Being 'open and honest' is very very easy, when there's an upbeat feeling around the club. When everyone and everybody has a positive outlook, and everything the club communicates, is interpreted in a positive way. But crisis management, as this winter/spring has been, is a whole other ballpark! People read communications with more critical eyes, things are read into this, things are interpreted in a much more critical, even cynical way. So during and handling a crisis, is where a good communication manager, earns his money!

Now this season on the other hand. We started out pretty much on the same foot, up until we hit January. Then it all started to go sour. Both on the pitch, some say off the pitch as well, and communication wise. The January window, to start at the beginning, was sold very very badly! Both DC and especially DF went very public with the fact, that we would be strengthening. But as we all now, we went the opposite way. Either DC and DF didn't know about the board decision, or something else went on. Either way, the decision wasn't told or sold to the supporters. And yes, I know there was a supporters meeting where they all were in Jan/Feb, but the debacle on the pitch had only started, so the supporters wasn't quite up in arms in the same way as we since became.

And I said last month, and got hammered for it, that the club has gone into radio silence. So I absolutely agree with almost everything that has been said on this thread.

4 hours ago, jasmart02 said:

People are upset and feel let down that the club have not arranged a social evening for the fans  with a group of player who at various times since January have been accused of "downing tools", should never wear a Vale shirt again and not good enough for the league they are in. Also that a Player of the Year vote has not been taken when popular sentiment was that the only players that could win it all left in January. That is a pretty difficult sell to the playing staff.

I believe an evening is organized, nothing advertised just checked on main site but for corporate only, I've not seen anything for voting for any player nominations this year either. That's progression for you. I like most need to start attending SC meetings where we can ask / air these views to see if the SC can get any answers on what is / has become a worrying trend re lack the lack of communications.  

The nosedive in the communication and fan engagement is a big worry, Matt Hancock was quite positive on the future of it on the Ale and Vale and came across well but we look miles off it at the moment and unsure why, as said the rumours of all sorts have flown around and that's going to happen when silence descends and little bits leak out here and there and fans put 2+2 together.

As mentioned this past season has been full of errors, love Carol and Kevin for what they've done for the club but they need a decent summer and lessons to be learnt as its notable fans are started to become more and more concerned.

Yes got to admit i feel a bit disengaged for the club at the moment just seems everyone is guessing about a lot of things. Just feels like something isnt quite right. We all pay our hard earned money supporting this club all we want is a little bit of information as to what plans are whats going on but we hear nothing. Pair all that with the lack of football weve all had to endure since january as most performances have been nothong short of shocking doesn't really stand us in good stead for season ticket sales. 

Archived