onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Information from the club

Brian

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Yes got to admit i feel a bit disengaged for the club at the moment just seems everyone is guessing about a lot of things. Just feels like something isnt quite right. We all pay our hard earned money supporting this club all we want is a little bit of information as to what plans are whats going on but we hear nothing. Pair all that with the lack of football weve all had to endure since january as most performances have been nothong short of shocking doesn't really stand us in good stead for season ticket sales. 

I also think our social media presence has fallen off a cliff since max left. I thought whwn he was in charge of the media output he created a lot of content that could engage with. Now all we get it bog standard run of the mill posts 

Advert

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I also think our social media presence has fallen off a cliff since max left. I thought whwn he was in charge of the media output he created a lot of content that could engage with. Now all we get it bog standard run of the mill posts 

Max was superb. Took it to a level never seen at Vale. Sad loss he was. 

41 minutes ago, Santa said:

I know emails have gone out to certain people for the awards evening at £1000 + Vat for a table of eight.

Maybe one of them could let the rest of us know who wins the award

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I know his content helped feel more engaged. Have we seen any content from the players this season other than pre match interviews 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yep. I didn't expect the impressively produced social media videos to continue after he left but basic communication doesn't seem too much to ask for.

Never saw the point in keeping it a secret who was injured and who exactly plays for us to keep the opposition scouts in the dark when we play the same damn formation every week.

3 hours ago, valeblue said:

Can always give Smurf a ring see if he wants to come back? 
And the soul Birchill is on about, is that the soul that has kept Vale in the 3rd and 4th division for over twenty years? 

What he means is the long serving , vale at heart staff who were there prior to the takeover have all been released , shall we say , at a great cost to the club .  

2 minutes ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

Out of order , another example of the club losing its heart and soul if true . We were once a family club , but now , alas , just a corporate machine .  

Yeh shocking if true- feel like they probably know this as thats why its not been advertised lets not let the simpletons find out sort of thing

Out of order , another example of the club losing its heart and soul if true . We were once a family club , but now , alas , just a corporate machine .  
We need both. Now that the corporate side is performing, focus needs to switch to the family side. The Hamil Fan Zone and Home area will be in the spotlight. The recent restructuring will also have to show some benefits. Flitcroft too will be under scrutiny with a clear task of producing a stable L1 squad. There needs to be a review with the Supporters club on how the club is perceived and its plans for the short term.

Even short term there seems to be a complete lack of information. A plymouth fan friend of mine has been told by somebody within their club that the whole of the away end car park and the pub connected (obviously Tommy Cheadles) has been given up, rightly so, to Plymouth fans and this should help with the number of fans milling around without tickets.

I have just spoke to 2 different people at the Vale who have said 100% this is not the case and Vale fans are free to use Tommy's.

Anybody else heard anything or is there a news blackout?

7 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

If you are the likes of Man U then the brand sells itself. Clubs like the Vale have to work extra hard to get any exposure. I agree that our Commercial dept is failing in fan engagement . As a season ticket holder they have my email address and they don't use it, a wasted opportunity. If they are having a Sportsman's evening at the club why aren't I hearing about it via an email in my inbox. Just a simple example of very basic communication that unexplainably seems beyond us. Surely it can't be that difficult to send the same flyer out to our fanbase, push of a button ?

They send out a weekly news summary via email which largely reflects website content. To be fair I'm not sure this contains alerts of upcoming meetings but I don't play close attention and can miss stuff.

Archived