onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Information from the club

Brian

20 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Fans don't want the "Egg's arse" of everything going on at the club but such things as loanee's going back to their parent club, comings and goings of key non-playing staff are information many fans would like to know. 

Spot on. 

It's like the new head groundsman Steve Alderson. I might be wrong but I've seen no official announcement or introduction to the bloke or have a scooby where he had worked previously. 

Advert

I think that matters have overtaken carol and maybe she is struggling to keep up with what is required to run a football club even the size of the Vale.

there has been a number of sackings on both the trust and the club and one wonders that there is any control from the top. There is a feeling that matters all concerned that running the club is too difficult.

I am of the opinion that she needs help urgently just to take away some of the burden (stress).

Carol -share some of the stress with other potential investors.

4 minutes ago, trentvale said:

I think that matters have overtaken carol and maybe she is struggling to keep up with what is required to run a football club even the size of the Vale.

there has been a number of sackings on both the trust and the club and one wonders that there is any control from the top. There is a feeling that matters all concerned that running the club is too difficult.

I am of the opinion that she needs help urgently just to take away some of the burden (stress).

You just need the right staff in situ . , investors dont get involed on a daily basis . The turnover of staff is quite alarming .

Not quoting rumours and have no intention of starting rumours.

but Vale have a number of hurdles to overcome.

1) investment needed. Cash flow issues showed in January/feb.

2) is she prepared to allow other investors

3) does she make rash decisions re staff.

4) is she swayed by other people

5) does she need the stress or running the club.

and finally can she run this football club? 

1 hour ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

It shouldnt all be down to Carol , we have loads of staff to do this for her .

I didn't mean her personally. She clearly has the authority to delegate this to her head of communications and his staff. It just takes a word from the top 🙂!

1 hour ago, trentvale said:

Is this a joke?  If not then where’ve you been hiding?  Please take a look at the current structure within the club.  We’ve got more staff than ever, who ought, in theory, be taking all the burden (stress) away from Carol, if they do their jobs properly.

3 hours ago, smithie said:

One thing about the move ..  Darrell's approval of it seemed to form a big part of it becoming a plan. Now he's gone so should we review? Personally l think it will have a detrimental effect on atmosphere, just a gut feeling.

The fact that you think that suggests that the club haven’t sold the idea of the swap to you, which maybe illustrates the point that the comms haven’t been good enough.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Spot on. 

It's like the new head groundsman Steve Alderson. I might be wrong but I've seen no official announcement or introduction to the bloke or have a scooby where he had worked previously. 

Why do you need to know that unless he's coming around to cut your grass?

Did we ever say thanks to Speedy or cover why he left after 40 years? Poor. We have loads of media doing what exactly? The Twitter feed at matches is <ovf censored>. Congleton and Salisbury are much better for example. 
All quite poor

20 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Why do you need to know that unless he's coming around to cut your grass?

Because Speed was high profile and after his sacking you'd of thought there'd be an announcement of his replacement to quell rumours. 

3 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

What kind of transparencies do folk want.
If players are falling out do you want that be headline news .
Do you want know how much the budget is .
Do you want know why we havent got promoted again thats pretty obvious the answer to that .
What do you want Carol and the shanahans do they have 5 million of there own money in in 4 years .
The ground looks better .
The fanzones a hit .
The team off the pitch is a very good professional one .
The team on there day are as good as any but unfortunately had there confidence knocked by folk /manager telling them they are league 2 standard every time they lose mainly through frustration especially on managers part .
I don't see what Carol can say make players play better and get more support in the ground .
She's a fan so I don't think she needs tagging everytime we lose on fb .
If we are skint she is hardly going tell everyone and if she isn't more so she isn't going tell everyone .
Investment is required for sure.
Communication well I'd keep everything in house .
No need give Sentinel or any media outlets any news whatsoever .
How it should be .
UTV

I agree with part of what you've said but the whole idea of

"No need give Sentinel or any media outlets any news whatsoever"

As you so eloquently put it, is complete crap. There are elderly people who don't use Twitter, YouTube etc, who want to read material in the newspaper or hear it on the radio.

Plus, do you think Carol would have been asked the questions she was in her interview with Bowers/Baggaley had it been a club interview?

If you close out the media you close out scrutiny. Some clubs barely get any coverage by their local media (see Crewe for an example), and as a result have a bland narrative that reeks of club propaganda. 

But the most important thing is by using different forms of media, you reach different people. 

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Is this a joke?  If not then where’ve you been hiding?  Please take a look at the current structure within the club.  We’ve got more staff than ever, who ought, in theory, be taking all the burden (stress) away from Carol, if they do their jobs properly.

A lot of staff have left. Why.

Is Carol ruthless or is she making cuts because of cash flow.

Maybe time to take stock and bring investment in if this is possible.

Archived