onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Information from the club

Brian

We seem to have stopped doing the simple stuff. !

Season tickets have been on sale for 5 weeks. Have we sold 400 or 4000 have I missed an update?

Plymouth are bringing 32 coaches to Burslem in 4 days.  Have we been warned where we can and cannot park due to the numbers?

These are normally easy things to relay to the fans and public but there is nothing?

Advert

7 hours ago, JohnJames said:

I know one Bycars Ender who’s had a season ticket since 87 who didn’t get an email and has decided to go to selective games from next year on a pay as you go.Because he thinks the Hamil is a <ovf censored> stand and he’s not paying for a whole season to sit in there. If he wanted to watch from the paddocks he would have done that 30 years ago. 

So if we built a new ground he wouldn’t go? Strange! 

I know one Bycars Ender who’s had a season ticket since 87 who didn’t get an email and has decided to go to selective games from next year on a pay as you go.Because he thinks the Hamil is a <ovf censored> stand and he’s not paying for a whole season to sit in there. If he wanted to watch from the paddocks he would have done that 30 years ago. 

If he's been in the Bycars for 36 years how does he know what the Hamil is like? 36 years ago it was terraced and roofless. God knows what he'd call that.

56 minutes ago, valeblue said:

Which bit said he wasn’t going? It’s called freedom of choice. People don’t have to go Vale and they are free to change bit like Vale are free to lose upto£109k by selling less tickets to away fans

12 hours ago, MBE said:

That’s what Matt Hancock (no not that one!) has been bought into the club, everything to do with engagement. Time will tell if he’s a good appointment.

The Fan Index should be his main KPI.

I've seen a few comments along those lines. I'm not sure that's true about Hancock. I think he was brought in to run the Community side of things, and this Director role responsible for all things people is a more recent development following the restructure. If I'm right, then people are judging him over a very very short period of time. He came across really well to me on the pod. People criticise the Hamil consultation but if it wasn’t for Matt, that in itself wouldn't have happened.

10 hours ago, JohnJames said:

This thread is about information from the club. If this Bycars Ender had had an email from the club, would he have moved to the Hamil? Your post suggests not. His issue is more a fundamental dislike of the alternatives to the Bycars. An email or any amount of consultation wouldn't have changed that.

However, let's be totally honest, everyone knew this was coming. It was first discussed 12 months ago around the time of the play off game. The switch was even mentioned at one point that it could happen early this calendar year. The rationale for the switch was also made clear. 

Ofcourse people then have a choice but the reason for the switch is clear, everyone knows it, even if they don't agree with it. 

We seem to have stopped doing the simple stuff. !
Season tickets have been on sale for 5 weeks. Have we sold 400 or 4000 have I missed an update?
Plymouth are bringing 32 coaches to Burslem in 4 days.  Have we been warned where we can and cannot park due to the numbers?
These are normally easy things to relay to the fans and public but there is nothing?

Was wondering if the Synectics car park will be closed for half an hour after the game ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

16 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

I've seen a few comments along those lines. I'm not sure that's true about Hancock. I think he was brought in to run the Community side of things, and this Director role responsible for all things people is a more recent development following the restructure. If I'm right, then people are judging him over a very very short period of time. He came across really well to me on the pod. People criticise the Hamil consultation but if it wasn’t for Matt, that in itself wouldn't have happened.

No criticism of him for me. He’s only just arrived but at the end of next season he needs to have made a positive impact.

10 hours ago, JohnJames said:

That's just digging his/hers heels in for digging heels sake.

Very petty

10 minutes ago, MBE said:

No criticism of him for me. He’s only just arrived but at the end of next season he needs to have made a positive impact.

I agree. I'm sure he will, but to be fair after 12 months he will have set things up. From a fans point of view there will be some quick wins, but growing the fan base will take time. Things he implements over the next 12 months might not bear fruit for some time yet.

24 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Was wondering if the Synectics car park will be closed for half an hour after the game ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Funny you should say that because Plymouth fans who are planning to park on that car park have been told that it closes one hour after the final whistle and some were worried that they would still be in the ground celebrating .  

16 hours ago, JohnJames said:

Everyone has the choice of to renew or not he has chosen not to.  My daughter has chosen to buy her first ever season ticket because we are moving from the bycars.  Me I'm happy to move as all I want to do is watch the vale.

( plus hoppers would be lost without my dulcet tones hurting his ear drums 🤣😊😁 )

On 03/05/2023 at 10:19, Family Stand Terrier said:

This thread is about information from the club. If this Bycars Ender had had an email from the club, would he have moved to the Hamil? Your post suggests not. His issue is more a fundamental dislike of the alternatives to the Bycars. An email or any amount of consultation wouldn't have changed that.

However, let's be totally honest, everyone knew this was coming. It was first discussed 12 months ago around the time of the play off game. The switch was even mentioned at one point that it could happen early this calendar year. The rationale for the switch was also made clear. 

Ofcourse people then have a choice but the reason for the switch is clear, everyone knows it, even if they don't agree with it. 

I disagree with some of this.  Mixed messages from the club, and probably social media, are to blame for many in Bycars, and likely elsewhere, still believing that the move is to create a “better atmosphere” within the ground, which it patently isn’t.  That is merely a possible bi-product.

Archived