onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Interesting article on how Plymouth have managed to turn around the fortunes of their club. In 2011 they were in administration, in 2012 they almost went out of L2 (stayed up by a point when two of their rivals lost on the last day of the season) and just over a decade later are on their way to the Championship.

How did they do it? Here's their story:

Advert

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

We didn't sell our allocation for Swindon away, and we didn't sell out in the home game

We’d have taken a lot more had we been given the covered section. I for one was in the home end because of it.

54 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

What absolute bunkum.

Only Vale fans could moan about a decision made 12 months ago, that benefitted the team, helped us make way more money through promotion, all because we didn't bend over to of all clubs, Swindon, and make an extra £16k. 

Honestly couldn't make it up. So short sighted.

2 hours ago, mbycars said:

Not as bizarre as some of your posts. Swindon refused our request for more tickets, we could easily have taken double the amount. It was the right call by the club. Why come out with this comment now 12 months later when it was common knowledge at the time and broadly supported by our fan base.🙄

I didn't realise at the time, was just reacting to a recent post. 

3 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Team for tomorrow.
Stone
Smith, Donnelly, Benning
Plant, Conlon, Ojo, Worrall
Massey, Wilson, Butterworth..
The lad who has posted this on Wonder of Vale is usually spot on .
Let's get behind them that's the team .
Midday kick off I must remember that as working till 6a.m .
Come on Vale .
Put it in for the fans who are there support you tomorrow and for the integrity of the league .
If Plymouth are going win title they going have earn it one hopes .
See thee tomoz Valiants and happy green army .

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

If that is the team that starts, Plymouth will score 4+

10 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Team for tomorrow.
Stone
Smith, Donnelly, Benning
Come on Vale .
Put it in for the fans who are there support you tomorrow and for the integrity of the league .

If that is the team today you might aswell give them the trophy before the match and stay in the fanzone.

10 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Team for tomorrow.
Stone
Smith, Donnelly, Benning
Come on Vale .

That has got to be an i surrender team with Wilson carrying the white flag.

4 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Might only be 3 hours earlier but midday kickoff on a Sunday is just wrong. !!

Just seen a pic on the Plymouth Forum of a clock on one of the coaches it was 03:15.

Yet again a case of F@+× the supporters !!

At least they will get home 3 hours earlier, but I agree 🙂

3 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

IS there an actual valid reason for the KO time, ASIDE from making it as difficult as possible for supporters I mean??

Sky want to show as many League One games as they can, then show Premier League games later. Nothing to do with fans, all Sky's greed.

Just now, Granville said:

Sky want to show as many League One games as they can, then show Premier League games later. Nothing to do with fans, all Sky's greed.

Thanks....

Glad to see that Sky aren't basically telling the football league what's what then..✓✓🤣🤣

Archived