onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

29 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Might only be 3 hours earlier but midday kickoff on a Sunday is just wrong. !!

Just seen a pic on the Plymouth Forum of a clock on one of the coaches it was 03:15.

Yet again a case of F@+× the supporters !!

At least they havent got Morecombe away 🙈🙈🙈

Advert

43 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

I guess with the money sky are putting in they call the shots... clubs can't have it both ways.

Reality of last game in the bycars after 51  years has just kicked  in.... weird feeling.

Still onwards and upwards ( I hope)

Feels a bit like being made redundant to me, someone has decided that they don't want you to be there any more. 

6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Feels a bit like being made redundant to me, someone has decided that they don't want you to be there any more. 

You were given the regulatory 3 months notice and hope you find somewhere else. 🤪.

I am leaving the Railway Stand after 40 years so it's going to be a sad day all round.

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Just seen a pic on the Plymouth Forum of a clock on one of the coaches it was 03:15.

It feels wrong to me purely because I'm cream crackered and doesn't feel normal on a Sunday. 

Fair play to the Plymouth hordes. Always travelled well whether top or 15th . Good club. 

13 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Yer it’s weird… but come on pull yaself together…. New beginnings and all that…..besides that nothing lasts forever. 
utv. 

17 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Interesting article on how Plymouth have managed to turn around the fortunes of their club. In 2011 they were in administration, in 2012 they almost went out of L2 (stayed up by a point when two of their rivals lost on the last day of the season) and just over a decade later are on their way to the Championship.

How did they do it? Here's their story:

Good article. A bit Carolish in approach. However, their owner is detached and aware that he may well have to hand over the reins at some point.

My impression of Vale is that Carol sees this as a family concern, with her son being the heir to the throne. This may limit our horizons. However, Carol does seem to adapt to changing circumstances, so may take appropriate steps when needed.

9 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

You were given the regulatory 3 months notice and hope you find somewhere else. 🤪.

I am leaving the Railway Stand after 40 years so it's going to be a sad day all round.

Where are you going?

5 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

yer it’s weird really hit home this morning rooting through my selection (all 2 ) of vale tops wondering which one to wear…. But nothing lasts forever. Started my bycars life in division 3 and ended it in league 1 so on paper progress but in reality the same league !! Seems like a lot of effort to go nowhere so maybe we are due a change. 
utv

2 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Yes, 100% right. I needed to catch the 7.13am bus and the 8.35am train to come to this game as I don't drive these days. Contingency needed for things to go wrong. I booked the train, but in the end I can't find the willpower and I'm going to watch it on IFollows. I do feel the micky has been taken out of all L1 clubs and supporters. Why can't it start at 3pm? Why were games going on in other divisions yesterday meaning there was no need to change days from the Royal perspective? Finally, I notice Barnsley v Peterborough is live on Sky. Of course they don't want that 'product' to clash with the Newcastle v Arsenal 'product' also live on Sky at 3pm. So I'm going to accuse the EFL of being under the wing of Sky - I guess the business perspective is under contract with Sky - but ultimately shafting all the fans in L1 with these kick off times.

Ironically, my decision possibly benefits Port Vale financially. Maybe, maybe not - it depends how much I would have spent in the club shop and on catering. 

Archived