onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just hoping Cambridge stay up - for obvious reasons as I live 20 minute walk away and the Cambridge fans I know are a really decent bunch. So Franchise to go down for me - and hopefully headed for oblivion - and Morecambe, which might give us the pick of some of their better players. Going to be a nail-biter. 

It would be nice to see them stay up for my late wife's mum and dad, who passed away recently as they used to listen to them on Radio Cambridge.  Would go and watch a couple of games at their ground as well.

Advert

1 hour ago, prof said:

Are you sure? I just had a look and I get shown the direct train in both cases. Ironically, at the moment that across the country service seems better than either the East Coast or West Coast main lines which have replacement buses almost every weekend. 

Even so, I'm still hoping Morecambe stay up as it's the nearest thing to a home game for me - a mere 400 mile round trip!

Both ways showing now using Sat 20 May. But I'm still unconvinced by that. I think they are showing what they want to show at intervals to suit their sales or according to what tickets have been made available to the site or both.

I looked at going to Peterborough and concluded for the real game it was too tenuous to get home. But maybe next season. 

There is a lot of improvement work going on re the West Coast Main Line. This has been happening at weekends in the Preston area and was a factor in my deciding I couldn't go to Morecambe or Fleetwood.

Further North between Carlisle - Glasgow and Carlisle - Edinburgh the main points at Carstairs are being replaced and totally reenginerred. That's £160 million worth of upgrade. I am off to Arbroath at the beginning of June and hope to see the finished work. 

The club have announced that the national anthem will be played before the match. Here's my response:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Celtic fans warming up for coronation week on Sunday x <a href="https://t.co/vqGNzE5zEd">pic.twitter.com/vqGNzE5zEd</a></p>&mdash; PoliticsJOE (@PoliticsJOE_UK) <a href="https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1653322675882967040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> 

if that embedded code doesn't work, here's the link -

7 minutes ago, efsb said:

The club have announced that the national anthem will be played before the match. Here's my response:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Celtic fans warming up for coronation week on Sunday x <a href="https://t.co/vqGNzE5zEd">pic.twitter.com/vqGNzE5zEd</a></p>&mdash; PoliticsJOE (@PoliticsJOE_UK) <a href="https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1653322675882967040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> 

if that embedded code doesn't work, here's the link -

Why dont you go Scotland and join them.

7 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

Be very surprised if sold out .
Not one area gone white in that end sales are about 20 a day for last four days I'd say .
Unless open it up to Plymouth fans discreetly they will not sell out that end thats my prediction .
Seems a bit absurd to me its a football game nothing more let them pay there money and come if they wish to do so .
You think about Vale were playing at a club who have a home crowd of 7800 max but can fit in 15 thousand capacity and your going for the title and you have sold your allocation of course if you haven't seen anything good for years going to want to attend a big game like the one against us .
Rigid policy of only home fans being only allowed in will lead to loss of money money which Vale cannot turn there nose at EVER .
In my opinion .

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

That's quite a policy change for one game. It's not Vale's policy. Think the police, FA, Council et al would have something to say about it. 

23 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

If 1000 tickets times 23 quid are sold thats 230000 grand in Vales pocket thats 4 players signed plus 30 grand left if they on 50 grand a year .
It's not Green Street up Vale anymore or football factory I know there's always the chance there could be but come on I've being loads of games up Vale in my 33 years and seen very few incidents of hooliganism in the ground .
Because let's face it no one wants to never be able go again or risk have there pics in sentinel been Britain's most wanted over a bag of wind .
We hardly playing Stoke are we we playing Plymouth have they even got a firm .
Probably have but I've seen no sign of VLF this season especially in home games .

I have supported vale since 63, got you in charge and we have gone bump. 1000x23=23,000. 

25 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

If 1000 tickets times 23 quid are sold thats 230000 grand in Vales pocket thats 4 players signed plus 30 grand left if they on 50 grand a year .
It's not Green Street up Vale anymore or football factory I know there's always the chance there could be but come on I've being loads of games up Vale in my 33 years and seen very few incidents of hooliganism in the ground .
Because let's face it no one wants to never be able go again or risk have there pics in sentinel been Britain's most wanted over a bag of wind .
We hardly playing Stoke are we we playing Plymouth have they even got a firm .
Probably have but I've seen no sign of VLF this season especially in home games .

Mathematics is not your strong point is it mate? 🤣

1 hour ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

I've read on the PASOTI page and on One Football Forum a Vale fan saying only 1,000 tickets left in the Bycars. Not sure where they've had that info from. Great of true. A day and half of sales left, plus walk ups. Could be a technical full "sell out" for the first time in a very very long time.

12 months.

Archived