onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Advert

9 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

MK have at least a 7 goal advantage, and recent history of L1, so possibly will edge it. Also  prefer them to drop.

I want Morecambe to survive. But unfortunately Cambridge have FGR at home whilst they play Exeter away. Exeter have lost 6 games running - could be on the beach - but a factor in that is they've played all the top teams (6 of 7) with no respite. MK Dons are at Burton who have climbed clear of relegation after being well adrift. They're not a team to give a freebie. 

So it could happen, but I think my wish won't come true. 

1 minute ago, Warren said:

Ernie's statue, seafront, great walk from Lancaster.

Yes, I've done that walk from Lancaster too (there was a strike on Northern Rail). Morecambe is one of the easier away grounds for me to get to, so for that reason alone I'd prefer them to stay up.

1 minute ago, prof said:

Yes, I've done that walk from Lancaster too (there was a strike on Northern Rail). Morecambe is one of the easier away grounds for me to get to, so for that reason alone I'd prefer them to stay up.

Sorry said Ernie to start with! Need more coffee!. 

MK is a hospitable place. It's got lots of scope to walk on footways away from traffic. But I found its stadium just totally lacking in soul and character for football. Of the new type stadiums I've been to I think it's the worst, and built for music concerts and conferences not football. And of course they are known as the franchise - brought to an end one of the great fairytales in football Wimbledon. Amongst several years at the top Wimbledon beat Liverpool in the 1988 FA Cup Final.

18 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Cambridge stay Morecambe and MKD go is my preference.  Purely selfish and based on geography (I live 15 minutes from the Abbey) also we may have a better chance of recruiting suitable players eg Ripley, Stockton  (and perhaps even a manager) from Morecambe.

Yes, the travel perspective is interesting. For me, living on the Wirral and travelling from Liverpool Lime Street, there are several clubs in L1 that are swines to get to. Oxford, Cambridge, Peterborough and Fleetwood. There are others that take time, but these are a particular problem by train. Fleetwood involves a tram from Blackpool. 

9 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
10 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:
Bonkers result. Bradford were on for an (unlikely) automatic spot until 90m +10 but now I don't even think they'll get in the play-offs. Was hoping they'd come up but would be pleased for Mansfield. 

I noticed the Cobblers could lose their promotion spot on the last day, a repeat of last season

Huge possibility. 

Stockport have Hartlepool at home . Cobblers away at Tranny.

Cobblers need to match or better Stockport. If they draw and Stockport win then it's curtains. 

25 minutes ago, Warren said:

Yes, the travel perspective is interesting. For me, living on the Wirral and travelling from Liverpool Lime Street, there are several clubs in L1 that are swines to get to. Oxford, Cambridge, Peterborough and Fleetwood. There are others that take time, but these are a particular problem by train. Fleetwood involves a tram from Blackpool. 

There used to be a direct train from Liverpool Lime Street to Peterborough, the East Anglian stopper service that ended at Norwich. Don’t know if that still runs? 

34 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

There used to be a direct train from Liverpool Lime Street to Peterborough, the East Anglian stopper service that ended at Norwich. Don’t know if that still runs? 

There is, you are right. Peterborough removed from my list!

I've discovered a con. On Trainline. If I put in a one way journey it shows the direct train. If I put in a return journey it does not. That is really naughty in my view.

Just hoping Cambridge stay up - for obvious reasons as I live 20 minute walk away and the Cambridge fans I know are a really decent bunch. So Franchise to go down for me - and hopefully headed for oblivion - and Morecambe, which might give us the pick of some of their better players. Going to be a nail-biter. 

6 hours ago, Warren said:

I've discovered a con. On Trainline. If I put in a one way journey it shows the direct train. If I put in a return journey it does not. That is really naughty in my view.

Are you sure? I just had a look and I get shown the direct train in both cases. Ironically, at the moment that across the country service seems better than either the East Coast or West Coast main lines which have replacement buses almost every weekend. 

Even so, I'm still hoping Morecambe stay up as it's the nearest thing to a home game for me - a mere 400 mile round trip!

Archived