onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

3 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

And yet Ipswich who are away at Fleetwood are 1/3. !!

They either think Ipswich are miles better than Plymouth (league says otherwise) or We are miles better than Fleetwood (league says otherwise) 

I thought it was a strange call. Maybe because we beat them away and their record at VP is pants?

Very odd because the very same bookie has Plymouth at 8/13 for the title and Ipswich 5/4. 

Advert

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Very odd because the very same bookie has Plymouth at 8/13 for the title and Ipswich 5/4. 

Ipswich need a better result than Plymouth to top the league, win/draw or a draw/lose would clinch it on GD.

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Ipswich need a better result than Plymouth to top the league, win/draw or a draw/lose would clinch it on GD.

Yes I know. What I'm saying is yhey have Ipswich as red hot certs to win yet Plymouth are odds against to beat us .

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Yes I know. What I'm saying is they have Ipswich as red hot certs to win yet Plymouth are odds against to beat us .

I hope they are right, we will be watching a different Vale team. The only team to do the double over Plymouth this season.

10 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I hope they are right, we will be watching a different Vale team. The only team to do the double over Plymouth this season.

It would be ironic if we do that, there must be a chant of 'Can we play you every week?' if we take the lead.

Have we done the double over anyone else this season? I don't think we have from memory.

On 30/04/2023 at 09:34, Conrad said:

Biggest crowd of the season by a good way, we’ll win this one.

You would hope this is the case, but we have seen so many times this season, big crowds - fans hoping for a good performance and the players just don't perform, no fighting spirit, well off their abilities we have seen them at.

Please players - show us what you can really do and put on a performance Vale fans can cheer you on during the match and allow them to say good bye to you.  Fail to produce at least a trying effort and the fans will just leave and the ground will be very empty if they come out for a lap of appreciation as its now being called.

Plymouth will be up for this game as they need the points to try and top the league against Ipswich.

2 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

It would be ironic if we do that, there must be a chant of 'Can we play you every week?' if we take the lead.

Have we done the double over anyone else this season? I don't think we have from memory.

No don't think we have. Having said that not many have done the double over us too. Think only Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Peterborough?

If Willo is likely offski I doubt he’ll be available to play if it’s marginal in case he aggravates that. If he does I’d probably put it at about 70% the final time he plays for us. I’d expect Matty Taylor to start this one assuming we go with the 3-4-3. Probably go Dennis and Plant as the wide options see how that works.

Maybe at the end of the game we go with Willo and Procs up top one final time.

49 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

So going be a very decent crowd for last game .
Not one for enjoying last games
Seen some right stinkers over the years especially if final game at home .
Team well who out of the players who are going to pastures new want to play and end there time with us with a performance which we know they can put in as we got promoted with most of them last season so we know they can perform but is there heart in it if don't want do it for us do it to earn the respect of the Suffolk masses .
Crowds going be about 12 thousand just had a gander and one block is nearly all white thats a shock for that end (bycars)as its always the good availability stand this season come think of it has been since the 90s only v Northampton something like full .
So my team not that it matters and it's only based on home performances v Oxford second half and Bristol Rovers first half and Plants exceptional displays v Ipswich and Charlton where he is already notched a league goal emoji122.png.
Stone
Agawala Smith Donnelly
Politic Pett Ojo Benning
Plant
Wilson Proctor( Mcdermott ).
No Forrester for me too many unforced errors give Derek a game once settled down v Burton he was actually really positive in his work .
Politic for Worrall love Worrall his endeavour top notch but if he is going like I sense he is he may be down so leave him be no point playing him if he as lost interest mind you same applies to all the players leaving or not been offered a new contract .
Lets end season with a club confidence building win .
A nothing game if season tickets flying through the door a game which means everything if not so a big game where a story will be wrote .
Do it for Sam Morsy ex Vale a tremendous player who come through our ranks .
UTV

Deary me, you don't want Dave Worrall playing in potentially his last ever game for Vale after he has been here for 6 years but you want on-loan Politic to play his last game for Vale instead?

3 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

If his hearts not in it .
No idea if thats the case or not v Bristol Rovers he was quality then v Charlton I hear he wasn't .
Bit tough play for a club who no longer want you.
If thats the case I've no idea as I don't run the club I just follow it .
I like Politic he gives us the WOW factor the fact he has had so few minutes alarms me when generally bar 5 games this season we have needed a spark .
Our better performances Politic has starred in .
Plymouth away Derby away Exeter home in Cup (best half from.Vale at home all season he was fantastic ,,Shrewsbury away and in pizza cup Barnsley in pizza cup he thumped a howitzer in at FGR also .
Politic has the element of surprise everybody knows what Worralls is going do and he does it well in a team way ,a regimented way ,Politic has you out your seat doing something worth remembering from a game Burton away cup bounces off the bench turns the game v Brentford in cup comes on flies past there defence sets up a smashing goal for young Harratt .

I like him play him

Just out of interest how do we know the club no longer wants Worrall 

The Burton keeper has just made an outrageous save to deny an 89th minute Cambridge equaliser

Franchise/Morecambe might be staying up after all. All going to the final day as it stands.

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

The Burton keeper has just made an outrageous save to deny an 89th minute Cambridge equaliser

Franchise/Morecambe might be staying up after all. All going to the final day as it stands.

Vale can`t finish lower than 19th.

Archived