onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So we turned down about £20k to make a point? Bizarre...

They made the right call 100%. Why give them a larger away following in a crucial game. That support could have spurred them on more. The money made from a Wembley final and promotion in general far far exceeds a quick 20k. Very sensible, and giving Vale the Hamil also proved crucial. Unforgettable night.

22 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Plymouth fans are somehow getting tickets for the Bycars according to their forum.

Seen on PASOTI someone is in a group of 3 Plymouth fans in the Bycars. The Vale fan on there knows of 2 more. We'll see what happens if they score. Looking at the distribution of sold tickets, there seems to be a lot sold in the lower block's. There's still quite a few spare in the 3 blocks at the back, which always used to be quite popular. Not sure if people are just walking up to the ground to get their tickets and being put wherever they're put. Just seems odd they're filling up quicker.

Just now, Family Stand Terrier said:

Less than 800 tickets left for tomorrow. If our limited capacity is approx 15k, we've technically sold over 14k tickets. Let's see what the final figure is. Be a shame if a load of ST holders don't attend. Saying that, even if 2k don't turn up, that's still a 12k attendance. Can't wait. 

I've heard a rumour that our restricted capacity is actually 13k right now

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So we turned down about £20k to make a point? Bizarre...

Not as bizarre as some of your posts. Swindon refused our request for more tickets, we could easily have taken double the amount. It was the right call by the club. Why come out with this comment now 12 months later when it was common knowledge at the time and broadly supported by our fan base.🙄

2 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Not as bizarre as some of your posts. Swindon refused our request for more tickets, we could easily have taken double the amount. It was the right call by the club. Why come out with this comment now 12 months later when it was common knowledge at the time and broadly supported by our fan base.🙄

We didn't sell our allocation for Swindon away, and we didn't sell out in the home game

I am pleasantly surprised that after a disastrous 2nd half of the season that so many Vale fans are turning out tomorrow for what is a nothing game for us. I know many of the faithful ( me included ) would have turned out anyway but to get what looks likely to be over 8k Vale fans is fantastic. Hope the players put in a performance. We did well at their place but we had the likes of Wilson, Harrison, Garrity, Hall, Jones and Cass in the squad . That has been the difference in the 2nd half of the season. Losing those players and others have seriously hampered us and left the defence with no cover for our 3 centre backs.

13 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I've heard a rumour that our restricted capacity is actually 13k right now

You might be right. I got the 15k figure from this article. I remember it from last year. However straight away 500 can be knocked off as that 15k includes 4,500 away end allocation. We can only sell 4k at the moment. So 14.5k. God only knows what the home allocation is now restricted to.

Hopefully that 13k figure is from earlier in the season when we could only sell 3k in the away end for the Bolton game. I've no idea what we've done to gradually increase it from 3.3, to 3.7k, to 3.9k, now to 4k. Absolute mystery.

9 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

We didn't sell our allocation for Swindon away, and we didn't sell out in the home game

I think the fact we were limited just meant many fans that wanted to go just didnt think they had a chance of getting one. I thought we did sell out away but some didn't turn up so the figure in the ground was slightly lower than the allocation.

1 minute ago, mbycars said:

I think the fact we were limited just meant many fans that wanted to go just didnt think they had a chance of getting one. I thought we did sell out away but some didn't turn up so the figure in the ground was slightly lower than the allocation.

We'd sold 1,700 on day 1. Vale reported the day before the match only a handful of the 2.2k tickets were left. On the day Swindon announced 1.6k, which was laughable. Was clearly more than that.

Archived