Advert

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

7 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Get your head up .
Vale are always like this .
It's like Coronation Street.
Whatever league we in we still be Vale no matter what .
We still in a OK position after the 3 wins in 20 .
We need the hamil for remaining fixtures this season .
Move Rovers and Plymouth fans .
Fiver get in get it full

It'll be full of Plymouth. Celebrating on our patch. If we simultaneously go down too there better be plenty of stewards and Police or we'll be getting a massive fine. You can see now the potential powder keg. Don't need to be an expert in football intelligence. 

The loss of that one point today has really harmed us. 47 is much safer than 46. I can't see us getting any points at Ipswich. Looking at other fixtures it may continue to be the case the close up on us is slow in coming if at all. But it's clear to us all that victory v Bristol next Sarurday is required and not desirable now. 

The most important thing in that game is to have players on the pitch (taking we ain't got many left) who will try 100%. Not ones doing equations about where they are moving next and the importance of not getting injured. 

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Took all the glory?

Who led the team out at Wembley? 

Who beckoned Crosby over to lift the trophy simultaneously with him on the podium?

There’s been a lot of rewriting of history over the last few weeks on here and social media after we’ve lost games. It’s not really fair. 

All defence of Clarke and supporters compliments have been around our promotion last season as if it was Clarke who got us promoted - if we had not got promoted last season and we were on the same run that we are on now, we would not even be having the debate whether Clarke should go or not, he would not have been given the 5 year contract and will have parted ways with us quite a while ago. 

6 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Totally agree that if anyone states he applied for the Portsmouth job - which he says he didn't - then they should STFU and stop questioning his integrity. Listen to anyone he has worked with, and they will all say he is as honest as they can be?

But: "a serious investigation"??? By who?? - it's life...and football...<ovf censored> happens, unfortunately! Lack of confidence is a difficult thing to overcome! Give the players the acknowledgment that they're only human!?

He’s very honest re injuries in press conferences isn’t he? Was he really going to come out and say he applied and he gutted he didn’t get it? 

6 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Totally agree that if anyone states he applied for the Portsmouth job - which he says he didn't - then they should STFU and stop questioning his integrity. Listen to anyone he has worked with, and they will all say he is as honest as they can be?

But: "a serious investigation"??? By who?? - it's life...and football...<ovf censored> happens, unfortunately! Lack of confidence is a difficult thing to overcome! Give the players the acknowledgment that they're only human!?

He may not have applied, but Portsmouth could have asked him down for an interview

35 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

All defence of Clarke and supporters compliments have been around our promotion last season as if it was Clarke who got us promoted - if we had not got promoted last season and we were on the same run that we are on now, we would not even be having the debate whether Clarke should go or not, he would not have been given the 5 year contract and will have parted ways with us quite a while ago. 

Who was manager for the Swindon games, and final? Where Clough got tactically embarrassed?

There’s lots of valid avenues for criticism of him. This isn’t one of them. 

11 hours ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Think its time to forget what others have left.

WE ARE DOWN. We cannot get another point and WE NEED ANOTHER POINT

We are useless and i will say again, cannot believe the comments months ago from fan who could not see this coming. We deserve what we are getting and Clarke has to go.

Absolute garbage on and off the pitch and Clarke is center to it all,

For anyone who believes different ' idiots ' come to mind, sorry.

Hasn’t Clarke recently signed a new, long term contract? 

Reading this thread, it is spookily reminiscent of his last few games in charge of us.

I hope you stay up, but of course I want to see us win when we visit next week.

I take it we’ll have the Hamil stand? Not that we’ll bring as many as last season, sold several hundred so far.

Reflecting on it I don't think I can ever recall a sending off either at Vale or one I've seen on telly during a goal celebration.

Particularly when you are the team that's scored it.

I could imagine a player losing his head if they conceded a 96th minute goal and maybe a scuffle or melee afterwards.  

But to actually have a player sent off after 34 minutes whilst we've taken the lead and Lincoln hadn't even taken the re-start is absolutely staggering. 

Archived