onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

We look doomed unfortunately, teams below are picking up and we just can’t buy a win, Tuesday will be a hammering but a lot of pressure to beat Rovers now.

My main worry now is what kind of season we will have if as looks more likely than not we get relegated? The momentum and negativity about the place suggests that next season would be difficult in league two (not to mention the money being spent down there and Wrexham/Notts looking strong coming up).

It’s so depressing, the great memories of Wembley etc seem a complete waste now and after finally seeming to get the club we so desperately wanted the wheels seem to be falling off. Maybe we as a club are just not meant to be successful I don’t know, but every hint of a positive future we get it seems to fall apart at the seams very quickly.

Utterly depressed.

3 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

I don't understamd the calls for Clarke to go. We haven't been great but as it stands we are currently in league 1 next year. Surely after the turnaround and promotion he has enough credit in the bank to be given at least until november next year. If we go down who would we appoint to give us a better chance of promotion from league 2?

We have seen nothing but rubbish since December. Can you honestly see an improvement around the corner ?

D C has lost interest for me and the players have given up. I dont see another point , which may be enough but i think we will need 2 or 3 points

2 hours ago, 1 said:

Whatever it looks like at this moment, I tell you now we are going to be safe. It’ll be nervy, but we ain’t going anywhere this season. Mark my words, we might scrape over the line having eaten into virtually every bit of cushion we have, but the gap is still too wide and we’ll pick up the odd point to see us through. Might not win again though.

WOW love your optimism. Hope you are right

2 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Watching today unfold was the most Port Vale thing imaginable. If there was a definition in the dictionary of Port Vale, todays game would be it.

Talk about booting yourselves in the teeth. No other pro team in England goes 2-1 up v 10 men, & within a minute gives the opposition that chance we did today. Only Vale. Puts the icing on one of the biggest downfalls & worst individual player seasons I can remember for Conlon. He has been absolutely useless all season & he's got himself sent off today when 3 points are sat on a plate, as captain as well. Stinks.

The downfall has been extraordinary. A lot has been said about Jan & rightly so but nobody could've realistically forseen this run of form over such a prolonged period of games. It's absolutely mental based on the fact the squad isn't that dissimilar to the first half of the season. Ppl bang on about Walker & Charlsey, they weren't even playing for us. I loved Hall, but again  he wasn't tearing trees upfirst  half of the season & wasn't walking into our starting line up. No doubt we've missed him but it shouldn't have warranted this drop off a cliff.

Nobody can say handion heart that they thought us losing those 3 x players in Jan & not really replacing would mean we'd pick up 3 wins in the next 20 games. It's just absolutely mental.

I do feel for Carol. Putting myself in her shoes, I'd have probably made a very similar decision in January based on the fact that we were virtually home & hosed. I thought we had more than enough to pick up 5 wins from 20 odd games. Nobody in their right mind would've thought otherwise & I thought it was shrewd to save money for a potential overhaul in the summer. She must be absolutely bricking it now.

I genuinely think it's going to be very very close now. I don't see us winning another game. We have 4 x players suspended (more red cards in our past 3 matches than wins in 2023) & a massive lack of leadership in the team. We still have to play the top 2 (again unbelievable & only Vale). Charlton & Bristol both able to play with 100% freedom & no pressure. 

Ipswich could be a cricket score & GD may come into play.

We are well & truly up **** creek.

I remember watching on iFollow v Cheltenham & I think we were 11th or 12th at the time. Their commentary team were saying how impressed they were & that we were comfortably mid table. We're now well below Cheltenham. Similar at Bolton. Something has gone massively wrong.

I remember the Cheltenham game.

Remember saying we have to beat these, the worst team i had seen all season. Did we beat them ? ? NO. Sums it all up for me. Even when we have won a point second half of season we did not play well too many times.

We were moaning in the ground about the defending of Connolly/Benning for their first and then forester for their second. But having seen the highlights back on tv tonight I think it’s fair to say that they looked like quality through balls, just as Taylor’s through ball was for Butterworth to score. 

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

Im guessing at this point it’s unlikely we see Cass or Garrity any time soon, could do with both of them really especially Garrity. In the case of the latter the performances by and large since he’s been out are a great negotiating point for his agent.

With the squad we have available, why not Mcdermott. Not saying he will be our saviour but coming off the bench for 20 mins, who knows

11 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

With the squad we have available, why not Mcdermott. Not saying he will be our saviour but coming off the bench for 20 mins, who knows

He certainly should have been on the bench in place of say Holden who while he was on the pitch I've got to say he played like he was protecting himself ahead of his next contract elsewhere. He will have to play at Ipswich now. Not the easiest one to get thrown into but maybe a bit of youthful exuberance could be just what is needed.

Archived