onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Yep, had the feel of the Bruno / Brown season for a while, and those stats prove it.

It is odd because we have had far more stability than that season but a similar implosion. I remember us only needing to win to stay up against Morecambe, yet played out a feeble 0-0 draw. People had given up by then, really weird game, so flat, yet we had a chance to stay up. 

Brown I had always slated, but he was a better player than Clarke ever was and did seem to know what a good footballer looked like. He brought in Worrall and kept Smith as a top prospect in the team. He also sidelined the obvious dreadful foreign legion players keeping only De Freitas for a bit. 

Clarke’s teams are much better organised but in a rigid and predictable way. It isn’t a club for players to express themselves much on the pitch. 

Advert

10 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Come on, you seriously think that if we go down it’s because of the 2 red cards yesterday? That’s just an overreaction. A season is made of many decisions that end up in teams doing well or not as the case may be. How about the club deciding no more investment in January? How about missed chances costing us points in games or mistakes in defence costing us points?  How about poor recruitment? The season doesn’t boil down to just yesterdays game. 

I agree but I do think the main reason w is the lack of investment in the January window we were a poorer side after the window closed than before it opened and all the good work and optimism had been undone 

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Who was manager for the Swindon games, and final? Where Clough got tactically embarrassed?

There’s lots of valid avenues for criticism of him. This isn’t one of them. 

I am not criticising Clarke for helping to get us promoted and he played a major part for getting us promoted. All I am saying is for most supporters all the praise goes to Clarke for our promotion.

Do you think we should stick with Clarke or get rid?

2 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Can someone explain/justify Flitcrofts role to a club like Vale.

Like Clarke he is League 2 standard and is wasting Carol’s Money although she is doing that herself.

The earlier post of how Lincoln is and has been  run compared to us is like chalk and cheese.

And I know they have been relegated to the National League.

The Shanahans have been a real saviour of our club and we shouldn’t forget that but after last season’s promotion and hope for this one, it is all horribly going wrong.

She has not done herself any favours by giving Clarke a long term contract, you just don’t do that at our level .

Football is a results business and managers are primarily judged on them, Carol we have 2 wins in 18, Flitcroft and Clarke are way out of their depth both all talk !

They have let you down Big Time Carol and the Good Ship Port Vale is sinking and you have just closed your eyes to it.

I sincerely hope we do manage to stay up,I really do but How have come to this ?

Answer is Rank Bad Management and the Owner has to take some of the Blame.

The Best thing about the Vale is their Fans but they deserve much better than this !

22 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

It is odd because we have had far more stability than that season but a similar implosion. I remember us only needing to win to stay up against Morecambe, yet played out a feeble 0-0 draw. People had given up by then, really weird game, so flat, yet we had a chance to stay up. 

Brown I had always slated, but he was a better player than Clarke ever was and did seem to know what a good footballer looked like. He brought in Worrall and kept Smith as a top prospect in the team. He also sidelined the obvious dreadful foreign legion players keeping only De Freitas for a bit. 

Clarke’s teams are much better organised but in a rigid and predictable way. It isn’t a club for players to express themselves much on the pitch. 

Final game was at Fleetwood who themselves could have made the play offs with a win. O’Shea missed a sitter. Amazing that the squad we had then got more points than we will have this season.

My problem with the Vale is after listening to these pod cast interviews all you hear is analysts talking about the preparation they do, the recruitment team how they plan sometimes 2 windows in advance, the medical team on how they have data so players can recover to me there's a lot of talk and very little action.

The recruitment team want sacking off it has been a lazy last two windows.

And as for the analysts 2 wins in 18 ain't a very good recommendation for that position is it ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

53 minutes ago, Santa said:

April 2017 Pl 42 W11 D12 L19 Pts 45

April 2023 Pl 42 W12 D10 L20 Pts 46

Thank God we’ve got proper football people running the football side of things. 

I think this season’s standard is a lot higher.3 teams in 2017 are no longer in the league and 1 more is very likely to join them.

52 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Good god above.

Scott Tanser, Reggie, Kiko, 5 keepers . Sam Kelly, Hooper. 

And we are 1 point better off .

I think we’ve done similar to what we did that season. Sign a load of relatively unknown players on loan hoping that one turns out to be good. 

I really don’t like it when sides sign a large amount of loanees, it never works. They’re in the majority not that good, if they are the parent club has them back and they go onto better things and i think it affects how fans see the team. 

Looking at last season, our big wobble came when we signed crap players on loan, Holy, copper ect. When dropped we improved. It’s really no surprise to me that we’ve struggled when we’ve built our squad on loan players. Far too many, in that we can’t even put them all in the squad, and all in key areas where they aren’t good enough. Stinks of Michael brown under Norman in league 2. I’ll never believe that all of these loanees have been scouted properly and were genuine targets. 

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The gods were with us at Oxford. 

A blatant red card for the Bolton keeper not given after he wiped out an Oxford striker dangerously. 

Not 100% sure of the rules but I thought 

a) it was not a penalty for us yesterday as the initial contact was outside the box

b) There was another defender covering so should it have been a red card?

Archived