onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Tough game, a head-to-head between  the only away winners at Plymouth. The Imps in top gear but Vale moving up a gear. McDermott on the bench? Wilson fit? A game of football on a decent pitch after the antics some teams serve up. A draw would be  welcome, why not a win? SVA

Advert

I wouldn’t say we’ve moved up a gear after a 0-0 draw against a team who haven’t won in 13 games. Definitely take a point from this game, hopefully the Lincoln players are on their holidays now and the manager decides to play some youth players.

Send out as much experience as you we can, again. Would take a point. Would choose a team similar to yesterday:

Stone

Fozza.  Smith.    Donnelly

Woz.      Pett.       Conlon.      Benno

Garrity👏
           Harrison.       Wilson

What's going on with Cass?

1 hour ago, Diego Maradona said:

Send out as much experience as you we can, again. Would take a point. Would choose a team similar to yesterday:

Stone

Garrity👏
           Harrison.       Wilson

2 weeks probably 

How has Gavin Massey managed to get so many starts and minutes this season? His contribution has been minimal for a player who has spent so much time on the pitch, mainly as an attacking player with few defensive duties. How many assists and goals would Woz have contributed if he'd been played in the "Gavin Massey" attacking positions? 

Waste of a shirt! Still, DC clearly rates him very highly. No doubt he'll start as an attacking player yet again on Saturday and contribute nothing. 

As ever, I hope to be proved wrong but, after 41 league games, he hasn't as yet! 

Will this be a more open and attacking game of football? Will we score a goal? Will the bottom four clubs keep losing or drawing and continue to pick up a similar points per game total as we have been over the final five or six games? 

Roll on the transfer window! 

UTV! 

1 hour ago, Vale 1971 said:

Same team.bar one change its a shame Politic got sent off or he would be in so it has to be Butterworth for Massey or I'd give Holden a game .
I've seen signs that he could be a player that lad I'm sure other will mock that statement but he does do some good things .
Or could Robinson play in a 3 upfront because if they not going bring Proctor on when loads of balls coming in box like yesterday what makes you think they will play him sat .
Strange to me when balls coming in box dc brings on DP mind you he did do OK apart from getting a red card .
We will get a draw 1-1 .
It seems we going limp over the line however if we maintain the level v Oxford second half all game not just half of it or say 25 mins max of it we should create chances let's do a very unlike Vale thing do take them as the whole point of football is put ball in net
UTV

I agree with you.I would play Holden behind the front 2, if Garrity isn't going to make it. As far as Walsall fans were concerned, that is his natural/most effective position as a CAM.

7 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Tough game, a head-to-head between  the only away winners at Plymouth. The Imps in top gear but Vale moving up a gear. McDermott on the bench? Wilson fit? A game of football on a decent pitch after the antics some teams serve up. A draw would be  welcome, why not a win? SVA

so we cant blame the pitch???😄

7 hours ago, valiant steve said:

How has Gavin Massey managed to get so many starts and minutes this season? His contribution has been minimal for a player who has spent so much time on the pitch, mainly as an attacking player with few defensive duties. How many assists and goals would Woz have contributed if he'd been played in the "Gavin Massey" attacking positions? 

Waste of a shirt! Still, DC clearly rates him very highly. No doubt he'll start as an attacking player yet again on Saturday and contribute nothing. 

As ever, I hope to be proved wrong but, after 41 league games, he hasn't as yet! 

Will this be a more open and attacking game of football? Will we score a goal? Will the bottom four clubs keep losing or drawing and continue to pick up a similar points per game total as we have been over the final five or six games? 

Roll on the transfer window! 

UTV! 

33 appearances for last seasons champions Wigan. Good pedigree . Looked a great signing.

But so did Lawrie Wilson......enough said.

Sometimes you can't put finger on it but at the time both looked great signings. 

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

33 appearances for last seasons champions Wigan. Good pedigree . Looked a great signing.

But so did Lawrie Wilson......enough said.

Sometimes you can't put finger on it but at the time both looked great signings. 

he might be a good footballer but the effort doesn't appear to be there in this case.

Therefore, he can't play for Vale, Vale fans care much more about effort and heart than they do technical ability (if he does indeed have any)

On 11/04/2023 at 11:41, Diego Maradona said:

Stone

Garrity👏
           Harrison.       Wilson

I suspect that's what we'll go with apart from Garrity. Personally I'd replace him with McDermott, although he may go for Butterworth or Massey. Felt it was odd Plant was on the bench instead of McDermott on Monday. God we need a win.

Archived