onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

55 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

Our second half display if repeated over both halfs today should give us a win emoji471.png emoji3.png

The second half display where we couldn't score, at home, against a team with worse form than us. Although the tempo and approach was much better, we couldn't stick it in the onion bag which is scary against Oxford with the their form.

Lincoln's performance last week will pick them up no end. If I am wrong, and I sincerely hope I am, I will be the first first one to breathe a sigh of relief.

Advert

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

We were battered by Oxford, Exeter and Accrington. I didn't actually say another 5 or 6-0 battering.

I felt we imploded at Accrington after the goalkeeping error. An error of that magnitude drains the soul. But I also felt there was a lack of physical commitment by some players. Only players who want to defend with their life should be selected today.

This season isn't last season. Forest Green are cut adrift this year, and consequently our points total is on the margin for staying up. Need to get another win and preferably a draw somewhere. 

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

The second half display where we couldn't score, at home, against a team with worse form than us. Although the tempo and approach was much better, we couldn't stick it in the onion bag which is scary against Oxford with the their form.

Lincoln's performance last week will pick them up no end. If I am wrong, and I sincerely hope I am, I will be the first first one to breathe a sigh of relief.

You'd anticipate they'd be full of confidence. 

The Vale way though is to win at Derby one week and then 2-0 down at home to FGR the following week before scrambling a draw 😆

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

You'd anticipate they'd be full of confidence. 

The Vale way though is to win at Derby one week and then 2-0 down at home to FGR the following week before scrambling a draw 😆

We need to play well at the back. It's a simple as that. Last week we actually did but by way of some scary last ditch tackles and a clearance off the line. Up front I thought we did OK and their keeper kept them in it. The conundrum for me is that our best player by a country mile is James Wilson. He got taken off after 69 mins, but that is when top attacking players go to work exploiting the space of a tiring defence. He doesn't seem to be trusted to do 90 mins. OK, I guess with the volume of subs available my argument is less than it used to be. But the point is we must use him as effectively as possible. 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

We need to play well at the back. It's a simple as that. Last week we actually did but by way of some scary last ditch tackles and a clearance off the line. Up front I thought we did OK and their keeper kept them in it. The conundrum for me is that our best player by a country mile is James Wilson. He got taken off after 69 mins, but that is when top attacking players go to work exploiting the space of a tiring defence. He doesn't seem to be trusted to do 90 mins. OK, I guess with the volume of subs available my argument is less than it used to be. But the point is we must use him as effectively as possible. 

Question is do we play him from the start and hope to build up a lead we can defend when he goes off, or do we keep him on the bench as you suggest to come on and hopefully get a winner (assuming we are still in the game by then of course).

Personally I'd like to see Wilson and Harrison start with Proctor coming on later if Wilson does indeed need replacing.

Got a good feeling for today, hope I'm not wrong. 

I have got some charity leaflets to deliver. I could do it now. But I'm going to have another coffee and then watch Villa v Newcastle. So I'll be delivering them during the game and expecting nothing less than victory at 5pm. I may even leave my phone behind. 

I looked at going to Lincoln, but on the train from the Wirral it's a place that is just too ardious and especially when they do weekend work. Some past experience here as well. 

9 minutes ago, Warren said:

I have got some charity leaflets to deliver. I could do it now. But I'm going to have another coffee and then watch Villa v Newcastle. So I'll be delivering them during the game and expecting nothing less than victory at 5pm. I may even leave my phone behind. 

I looked at going to Lincoln, but on the train from the Wirral it's a place that is just too ardious and especially when they do weekend work. Some past experience here as well. 

You expect nothing less than victory? At Lincoln where this season they have only lost once at home? 

5 minutes ago, WV said:

You expect nothing less than victory? At Lincoln where this season they have only lost once at home? 

I know I'm totally lacking judgement. I've only ever had good judgement in my own professional fields. I'm not a Christian, so God won't help out. But I'm inspired by Seville's own goal comeback at United on Thursday.

Archived