onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

15 hours ago, darren1810 said:

33 appearances for last seasons champions Wigan. Good pedigree . Looked a great signing.

But so did Lawrie Wilson......enough said.

Sometimes you can't put finger on it but at the time both looked great signings. 

I thought the same about Massey when we signed him but later found out most his appearances were actually from the bench.

Advert

he might be a good footballer but the effort doesn't appear to be there in this case.
Therefore, he can't play for Vale, Vale fans care much more about effort and heart than they do technical ability (if he does indeed have any)

Vale fans appreciate both technical ability and effort. If you are out of form at least put yourself about and give 100%

Harrison and Wilson didn’t get a sniff on Monday but chased back , closed down , Massey did nothing .

I’m not usually very critical of any vale player and will always look for the positive.but he clearly is not happy and is at about 70 % effort . Sulking / head down .

He wants to work 60 hour weeks , then see if he thinks being a footballer is hard work (I mean I only do 40 hours on a good week , but I’m sure someone on here does more )

I genuinely believe he is only being played so we can try and get a buyer / someone to take him on at the end or the season

Give me Butterworth / Holden / plant over him for the remaining 5 games

At least they put themselves about the pitch

2 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Nice place Lincoln .
Be surprised if sold more than 500 though as folk will not spend hard earned to watch players coasting .
Got the impression we were coming out of our coasting slumber second half v Oxford .
I think last time we played there Manny Oyeleke scored in a 1-1 draw I might be wrong .
Hopefully this is the game J Wilson clicks into gear and buries one and as long as we don't do anything ridiculous at other end we may win it emoji106.png hope so anyway.

Sold 600 which ain't too bad considering how <ovf censored> we have been playing. If we can just nick a draw then I think 47 points will have us safe for definite.

I’m going because this match is probably it as far as getting good points goes. Ipswich away? Nope. Charlton away not now, Plymouth at home…must be kidding.

Realistically it is this game and Rovers at home that will decide, although frankly this weekend is the most important as if those teams below us get nothing we will be certainly safe. 

I was genuinely impressed when we signed Massey. I've been extremely disappointed with his effort, contribution to the team and the fact that he either loses the ball,runs up a blind alley or doesn't jump for headers. 

I wish Clarke had given Politic a few more starts ..I know he got sent off but in one dribble or a shot,he's done more than Massey in most games. 

Massey needs to be moved on

12 hours ago, DazFred said:

I was genuinely impressed when we signed Massey. I've been extremely disappointed with his effort, contribution to the team and the fact that he either loses the ball,runs up a blind alley or doesn't jump for headers. 

I wish Clarke had given Politic a few more starts ..I know he got sent off but in one dribble or a shot,he's done more than Massey in most games. 

Massey needs to be moved on

You really dislike him don't you.  Akin to Breadwinner with Smith.

By the way I agree that Massey has been terrible. 

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

You really dislike him don't you.  Akin to Breadwinner with Smith.

By the way I agree that Massey has been terrible. 

TBH I really don't. I just dislike his performances and lack of effort,that's all. He's one of the experienced players who has played at a higher level but simply doesn't produce week in,week out.

I'm not a fan of Ojo either. I've said on previous posts,no defence splitting pass or clearance off the line...2 goals and an awful sending off in the 93rd minute. He's the one who proclaimed himself as a box to box player and we were aiming for a top 12 finish. 

I've no time for either player,just going off their performances,nothing more 

2 minutes ago, DazFred said:

TBH I really don't. I just dislike his performances and lack of effort,that's all. He's one of the experienced players who has played at a higher level but simply doesn't produce week in,week out.

I'm not a fan of Ojo either. I've said on previous posts,no defence splitting pass or clearance off the line...2 goals and an awful sending off in the 93rd minute. He's the one who proclaimed himself as a box to box player and we were aiming for a top 12 finish. 

I've no time for either player,just going off their performances,nothing more 

I do think some of us ( me definitely) got hoodwinked by his 40 appearances for last seasons Champions. 

As someone else pointed out he started only 9 matches for Wigan.  Even so we had an expectation of better.

Lazy and disinterested are two apt words to sum him up. 

Just now, darren1810 said:

I do think some of us ( me definitely) got hoodwinked by his 40 appearances for last seasons Champions. 

As someone else pointed out he started only 9 matches for Wigan.  Even so we had an expectation of better.

Lazy and disinterested are two apt words to sum him up. 

I agree. I've found this season an effort to enjoy the way we've played at home. That's our bread and butter/picking up points/chance to get more people to attend.

I missed the FGR and Sheffield Wed games but have attended all the others. With the exception of Ipswich,Derby,Fleetwood and Shrewsbury,I've not enjoyed the rest of em.

And for my sins,I have decided to buy tickets for Ipswich! 

3 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I agree. I've found this season an effort to enjoy the way we've played at home. That's our bread and butter/picking up points/chance to get more people to attend.

I missed the FGR and Sheffield Wed games but have attended all the others. With the exception of Ipswich,Derby,Fleetwood and Shrewsbury,I've not enjoyed the rest of em.

And for my sins,I have decided to buy tickets for Ipswich! 

2-1 remains our best home victory.

It has been an awful watch. The 1-0 wins were all rather Pulisesque .

I've missed just the one, Ipswich where apparently we gave it a real go. Followed it on BBC text in Gran Canaria. 

But other than two you mentioned Fleetwood and Derby I've been rather bored and underwhelmed. 

That's why I enjoyed the 2nd half v Oxford at least it felt like I'd seen a game ( for 45 mins anyway) and some oomph and effort .

5-13-1 

That's the rather bonkers home form from Lincoln this season. 

A bore draw will do us. One more point and one less game to play. 

No Ojo or Politic. Assume Plant on the bench again .

I'd like to see a bit more of Proctor. Couldn't fathom him not coming on against Oxford. 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

2-1 remains our best home victory.

It has been an awful watch. The 1-0 wins were all rather Pulisesque .

I've missed just the one, Ipswich where apparently we gave it a real go. Followed it on BBC text in Gran Canaria. 

But other than two you mentioned Fleetwood and Derby I've been rather bored and underwhelmed. 

That's why I enjoyed the 2nd half v Oxford at least it felt like I'd seen a game ( for 45 mins anyway) and some oomph and effort .

Agree about the Oxford game and your Pulisesque description. I've been really disappointed with the loans...Politic deserved many more appearances...the McCarron/Mipo/Small loans have been an absolute farce.

We seem to have inherited a squad of long term crocks..Cass,Wilson(brilliant when he plays),Proctor(history of injuries) ,Jones and even blooming Garrity is injured! 

I'm amazed we've kept well away from the relegation zone this far.

Clarke takes the brunt of the criticism but apart from the loans(Donnelly is excused) the players need to look at themselves and ask if they actually want to play for the club.

Get Tommy Mac and Planty in for the last 5 games and I'd have put Taylor and Stevens on the coach back to Oxford

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

Agree about the Oxford game and your Pulisesque description. I've been really disappointed with the loans...Politic deserved many more appearances...the McCarron/Mipo/Small loans have been an absolute farce.

We seem to have inherited a squad of long term crocks..Cass,Wilson(brilliant when he plays),Proctor(history of injuries) ,Jones and even blooming Garrity is injured! 

I'm amazed we've kept well away from the relegation zone this far.

Clarke takes the brunt of the criticism but apart from the loans(Donnelly is excused) the players need to look at themselves and ask if they actually want to play for the club.

Get Tommy Mac and Planty in for the last 5 games and I'd have put Taylor and Stevens on the coach back to Oxford

Are we to assume Plant has progressed  better at Salisbury than McDermott?  

Seems to of leapfrogged him into the squad. I'd have both on the bench tomorrow. 

Archived