onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barnsley

Fosse69

Advert

7 hours ago, PortVale89 said:

They won't get back to you and very rarely answer the phone. Emailing them is also a bit pointless, certainly if you need a quick answer.

The online ticketing is a massive improvement but on the odd occasions I've needed to speak to someone I have never been able to get in touch with them.

I’m still waiting for my 2 messages left on Monday.!!

4 hours ago, mbycars said:

I am a season ticket holder in Lorne ST but i have always been able to get a ticket for my daughter when she is able to attend including Tuesdays match against Barnsley. The club needs to do everything to encourage youngsters, as Vale Park was swiftly becoming a venue for OAP'S ( me included ). That's long term economic sustainability. There is a system in place to release junior valiant seats for those that are not attending. Its up to those parents to let the club know so the seats can be freed for other users, i suspect most can't be bothered and there lies the problem.

I think they are looking into ways of releasing these seats, maybe give Junior Valiants a time limit of up to two days before a match to claim the seats otherwise they will be released.

Serious rethink required because It’s not working.

How many times is the Lorne Street sold out yet there are significant number of seats free?

For the past 2 Tuesday night matches I’ve had 2 people want come with me  but couldn’t get a seat in the stand yet there are empty seats around me.Some of those seats don’t even have a season ticket stickers.

Extremely frustrating.

56 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure mate. He was surprisingly taller in person than looked on the pitch. 

I think that ship has sailed and they just came back for old times sake. 

Agree.  His dad tweeted this at the time he signed on loan at Bradford, which might explain their attendance ie they would follow Vale whenever we played Barnsley.

image.thumb.jpeg.c9dc0e74006f56fdfd3a7b11c6f1186b.jpeg

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure mate. He was surprisingly taller in person than looked on the pitch. 

I think that ship has sailed and they just came back for old times sake. 

Just wondered if he was a Barnsley fan. 

As good as he was at Wembley I don’t think he did enough overall for us and struggled in the majority of his games IMO 

8 hours ago, mbycars said:

Really! one bad run in 2 years and its putting people off. Fickle is the word that comes to mind.

Fickle or not, look at the attendances. Fans are customers, only true die hards stuck by the club through anything and we know there is only really 3k of those. 

41 minutes ago, MBE said:

How many times is the Lorne Street sold out yet there are significant number of seats free?

For the past 2 Tuesday night matches I’ve had 2 people want come with me  but couldn’t get a seat in the stand yet there are empty seats around me.Some of those seats don’t even have a season ticket stickers.

Extremely frustrating.

Weird thing about Lorne Street, is that when we played Liverpool lads in the youth Cup, the attendance was 1800, almost all of which were in Lorne Street. Why then, do we call it sold out, when there is no where near that many in there for league games? 

52 minutes ago, MBE said:

Extremely frustrating.

Are you booking online MBE?I pick a random available seat for my grandson as the one next to me is never available  online.It’s been empty all season.Book online asap after the tickets go on sale and you can pick seats together when you get there.I sit in the RS centre block.Always seats available.

18 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Are you booking online MBE?I pick a random available seat for my grandson as the one next to me is never available  online.It’s been empty all season.Book online asap after the tickets go on sale and you can pick seats together when you get there.I sit in the RS centre block.Always seats available.

Yes i have tried to do it online. That’s what I was trying to do just pick random seats then sort it out when we get there. 

28 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Weird thing about Lorne Street, is that when we played Liverpool lads in the youth Cup, the attendance was 1800, almost all of which were in Lorne Street. Why then, do we call it sold out, when there is no where near that many in there for league games? 

It’s the Junior Valiant seat blockers causing the issue.

Matt Hancock said as much at fans forum.

Maybe it's just someone who doesn't want to be seen

3 hours ago, MBE said:

It’s the Junior Valiant seat blockers causing the issue.

Matt Hancock said as much at fans forum.

But when you look at the LS from the Bycars,  there is always a mass of empty seats in the front left hand corner.  Surely absent junior valiants would be spread around? I think there are capacity restrictions in the LS as well, despite it having the best catering and toilet facilities.  So the restrictions are more general for whatever reasons. 

5 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

But when you look at the LS from the Bycars,  there is always a mass of empty seats in the front left hand corner.  Surely absent junior valiants would be spread around? I think there are capacity restrictions in the LS as well, despite it having the best catering and toilet facilities.  So the restrictions are more general for whatever reasons. 

Maybe the view isn't very good from those seats in the corner...

Archived