onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barnsley

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

It has certainly got worse in the last couple of months and I think the pitch has a large part to play.

I agree it certainly has got worse recently.  Hopefully the relatively dry spell we've experienced recently will help.  However, whatever the state of the pitch, it hasn't stopped the various  opposition teams form coming to Vale Park and beating us!

1 hour ago, gags 64 said:
4 hours ago, philpvfc said:
And we will have to put up with the same scrappy un entertaining football for at least 3 years.

Peterborough, Derby, Wycombe and Barnsley seemed to cope with it and played some good stuff. Think we need to stop blaming the pitch for our shortfalls

The Peterborough. Barnsley and Wycombe games were very scrappy with little quality from both teams, just because we lost does not mean the other team played quality football. I didn’t see the Derby game so can’t comment on that game. 

I think the point is that whilst the pitch is very poor it’s not the be all and end all.  We saw again several times yesterday players simply making misplaced passes when under no pressure.  Unforced errors aren’t down to the pitch and the better teams make fewer unforced errors on our pitch.  What it does mean though is that you’re not going to see teams play lots of tight triangles just now as it’s too bobbly but it should still be possible to play decent football if we can pass the ball accurately with a bit more consistency.

On 17/02/2023 at 10:41, Hoppers said:

Which surely makes a mockery of the limits imposed in the first place - im not taking the Peee, but am I missing the point somewhere with this one???

I don't think there is any safety limit for Lorne ST all the seats can be sold. The issue in that stand is, seats taken up by season ticket holders and Junior valiant season tickets who do not attend .

If they don't inform the club that they are not attending then the club cannot resell the seats  and that's why we have  people complaining they can't get a seat in there and it is never full.

Archived