onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

13 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

By the way, does anyone know why Dunkley wasn’t sent off for punching Smith?

The ref either didn’t see it, unlikely, or bottled it, likely.  You could see how their player was trying to explain his actions that the ref had a damn good idea of exactly what had gone on.

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I've heard that they don't get on and have come to blows. Cambridge away was mentioned as a flash point neither played?.

I'd imagine it's utter bull. 

To be honest it may well be plausible they might not get on personally. Nobody is asking them to though. Classic case of Cole and Sheringham who never spoke but did it out on the pitch. Sometimes a bit of needle in the squad can be a good thing competitively as nice as talk of the “group” etc is.

6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The ref either didn’t see it, unlikely, or bottled it, likely.  You could see how their player was trying to explain his actions that the ref had a damn good idea of exactly what had gone on.

The Shrewsbury commentary team mentioned it at the time.” A few punches have been thrown in an off the ball incident .I won’t say who it was”.

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Any issue involving money is a cash flow issue. That's not an an incorrect term. Money in and out = cash flow.

However, saying we're skint is completely wrong without actual facts to back it up.

We have not been in or a position where we can’t pay employees, utilities and supplier’s because we didn’t have cash in the bank to pay.That is cash flow issues. That’s not been the case.

4 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

The Shrewsbury commentary team mentioned it at the time.” A few punches have been thrown in an off the ball incident .I won’t say who it was”.

Looked like he was punching down on Smith rather than pulling his arm away as was suggested by the player.  They weren’t proper punches though.

5 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Good atmosphere at the ground yesterday, I liked the flags behind the goal prior to kick off, looked great. I'd like to see something similar in the Hamil next season.

And the safe standing made for a cracking atmosphere by their fans as for us half our fans sat down and didn’t make a sound even when we went 1-0 up 

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You could argue that Clarke himself said that yesterdays defeat was his fault. He has had the final say in all but 3 of the players signed, he picks the team and the tactics. Maybe the Bristol fan who said he didn't do very well for them in league 1 had a point. I suspect that he is a lower league manager and his controlling methods don't work higher up the league pyramid. But what do I know, I am obviously thick because people on here keep telling me that.

I wouldn't say you were thick,you have differing opinions BUT i will say you have been waiting for all this to happen

27 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

And the safe standing made for a cracking atmosphere by their fans as for us half our fans sat down and didn’t make a sound even when we went 1-0 up 

I would love for us to have safe standing when we move to Hamil End. Really think it would help our atmosphere.

41 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

From his post-match comments on PV website, it looks like DC is admitting he got the starting line-up wrong.  I really hope he can learn from this, make changes accordingly and stop giving all the excuses for what were blatantly some poor choices.

Don’t disagree Bill. But we ain’t spoiled for choice.

Archived