onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Peterborough United

Fosse69

8 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

15 tickets left in lorne Street all the rest white .
Railway stand selling very well as is paddock .
The bycars struggling but no surprise there .
Think we must be allowed sell every available seat judging by what I've seen .
Too much time on me hands but seems to me that we sold as many as last home game if not more in some stands.
Bring it on .
Hopefully Peterboro bringing a few they were championship last season so I'd expect over 500 to come minimum .
So have we got 6500 season ticket holders if so then a good 7600 there Mon at a guess one hopes minimum UTV

Spoke to my Peterborough supporting friend who will be there along with 3 friends including a Stoke fan, he said they sold 200.

Advert

Why does it need to be viable, I really can't see many people paying £22 for a match that is on Sky.  I have said for years, there should be one game a season where there are reduced prices for a game where there would be low numbers in attendance and to promote it heavily.  Notts County do one game a season at about a pound and get 15000+ every time they do, I am a season ticket holder so would not benefit me but would love to see a packed out Vale.
Away fans have to be charged the same price as the lowest home ticket so if they had done them for a tenner in Bycars to get an extra 500 in then we would of lost out. It's the reason they put prices up to £24 for home fans without a 1876 card they now make £4 per ticket extra in the away end so that's an extra £10k roughly for the Derby game alone.

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Anybody any idea why tickets not available online?

I asked this in the shop today; they didn't know why tickets were stopping online tonight, but were sure tickets could still be bought from the office until just prior to kick off - I only asked because my mate wants to come with me, but wont know until Monday afternoon if he is on call or not.

Girl in office said "don't forget the stand might sell out"

I could only reply "Mate, I'm in the Bycars" 😍😍😍😍

Anybody any idea why tickets not available online?
I guess it's because there's no one working the payments out of hrs mind you I have brought a ticket at 2a.m while at work so that cannot be right .
When looked earlier tickets were selling well maybe they sold out you never know maybe everyone's got Monday night off .
I doubt that very much but regardless I'm sure there's a good reason .
UTV

Can we bin off the 'stoke are... and so are you!' chant?

It was funny once at Derby after they'd sung it, but belting it at Sheffs Weds was just a bit cringey. It's an absolutely rubbish chant, something a 10 year old would sing. Properly dreadful. 

Also, the Gavin Massey chant simply needs to go. Grown men singing that. Absolutely humiliating for you lads. I'd be mortified. 

It was funny once at Derby after they'd sung it, but belting it at Sheffs Weds was just a bit cringey. It's an absolutely rubbish chant, something a 10 year old would sing. Properly dreadful. 
Also, the Gavin Massey chant simply needs to go. Grown men singing that. Absolutely humiliating for you lads. I'd be mortified. 
To be fair both chants get a few hundred folk singing them. A bit more uplifting than the half hearted rendition of ' vale-urrl, vale- urrl, vale-urrl.'

53 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Long time since we played a Monday evening game, so don't know the routine will they be in today? AC or DC on the training ground?

Would think that they'll be in, with possibly both AC & DC if that's the 'normal' one day before a match routine.

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Agreed. Our songs are limited to just the same old few. Not moved with the times. I must admit the Swindon chant aiaiao ? Wiltshire is catchy. Come on Vale fans come up with some new songs and whatever happened Wise Men.

5 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:
5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

To be fair both chants get a few hundred folk singing them. A bit more uplifting than the half hearted rendition of ' vale-urrl, vale- urrl, vale-urrl.'

Excuse me but Vale-urrl is the only chant some of us know all the words to ! and there's certainly no 'half hearted' with my rendition.

Archived