onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Peterborough United

Fosse69

Advert

Tonight will be the lowest crowd of the season. If that's still 6,000 then it's impressive (correct me if we've dipped under 6K for a league match this season). Thankfully gone are the days of 3,500 (or lower) mid-week and 4,500 on a Saturday!
They already sold 7000 but that's if all season ticket holders turn up .
Might be too cold for some and thats understandable .
We will see

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Im nervous about the journey up front Broughton Astley! Snow at East Midlands Airport and just started here. Hopefully nothing to delay getting up after work!

Snowing at Copt Oak, don't think it will last though,I've decided not to go -3 here tonight not risking driving back ,shame not the same on telly, are you a season ticket holder,thought there was only 3 of us in Leicestershire 

5 minutes ago, Trevor Hankey said:

Snowing at Copt Oak, don't think it will last though,I've decided not to go -3 here tonight not risking driving back ,shame not the same on telly, are you a season ticket holder,thought there was only 3 of us in Leicestershire 

I am yes, I could stay in the warmth and watch on TV and every ounce of common sense is saying I should but its not the same I guess and Sheffield Wednesday seems ages ago!

Hopefully defrost in time then for Derby!

The Sh**inel headline for this evenings game is: 

Port Vale determined to develop as they face Peterborough

I mean, really?  No kidding Sherlock.  Determined to develop are we? As opposed to not develop?  Develop what exactly over 90 minutes - scurvy? an improved sense of self esteem? A clearer understanding of globalisation?  Who writes this limp banal drivel?  It's an utterly meaningless headline that is so self evident to be unnecessary.  Better to say "Port Vale seek revenge as they face Peterborough" or "Port Vale at full strength as they face Peterborough". Even "Port Vale had pasta for lunch as they face Peterborough" would be more informative.  Oh for the days of Chris Harper reporting on the Vale.   Jeez, the Sh**inel...

3 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

I mean, really?  No kidding Sherlock.  Determined to develop are we? As opposed to not develop?  Develop what exactly over 90 minutes - scurvy? an improved sense of self esteem? A clearer understanding of globalisation?  Who writes this limp banal drivel?  It's an utterly meaningless headline that is so self evident to be unnecessary.  Better to say "Port Vale seek revenge as they face Peterborough" or "Port Vale at full strength as they face Peterborough". Even "Port Vale had pasta for lunch as they face Peterborough" would be more informative.  Oh for the days of Chris Harper reporting on the Vale.   Jeez, the Sh**inel...

Dont think its that deep tbf ahaha

19 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

None of the quotes are about seeking revenge. We aren't at full strength. We probably didn't have pasta for lunch. But Andy Crosby DOES say that we have to be better with the ball and talks about reassessing our goals for the season.

Yes, the standard of journalism is on a downward trajectory, but that's down to the skeleton crew employed by the Sentinel being spread too thin. I'd say it's just a generic headline, but I think the writer (Baggers is the name you were searching for) probably thought even the most obtuse fan would put the headline in a football context, rather than one of socio-economics.

34 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Yes twice

V's Bradford at Home

V's Newport at Home

This is the 6th time we've been on Sky Sports in 14 months which is rare!

Ta - my memory is shocking!  I was at the Newport game, but did watch the Bradford game on tv so should have remembered that

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

They already sold 7000 but that's if all season ticket holders turn up .
Might be too cold for some and thats understandable .
We will see

We got 6300 home fans for the mid-week home game with Ipswich. Far more attractive fixture, not on TV and not in freezing mid-January.

We've also got a huge game next Tuesday with 4000 Derby fans turning up wanting revenge. Many people will choose that one over this one, which is understandable.

As others have said, whatever the crowd tonight it'll beat the 4596 who turned up last time we had a televised Monday night fixture (versus Oxford in the 12/13 promotion season). We've come a long way in the past few seasons.

Archived