Advert

5 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Stevens

Smith  Jones   Hall

Robinson       Pett   Ojo            Benning

Butterworth

Wilson     Massey

This right here is the team for me. 

No such thing as an easy game but I expect us to go all out to get on the front foot and go for the win against this lot. No excuse not to.

16 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I have two seperate family arrangements on New Year's Day, I've talked myself out of one of those so far, but I'm very tempted to talk myself out of the second one, however the high chance of bitter disappointment and big expense of travelling away is putting me off a little from making the trip

Ive got 2 FGR match tickets for sale if you change your mind.

11 hours ago, mikey said:

We should be giving FGR a beating given what a mess they are in at the moment, but which Vale will turn up?

We need a win here and a good one.

Their fans have turned and I've read Matt had to be held back the other night after crowd abuse. Strange really as I've more passion in my big toe than any of their quaint bumpkins. 

A game for the taking. Come on Vale. 

46 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Their fans have turned and I've read Matt had to be held back the other night after crowd abuse. Strange really as I've more passion in my big toe than any of their quaint bumpkins. 

I would really love to hear the Vale fans bang out a taunting chant of "Quaint bunch of bumkins, your just a quaint bunch of bumkins"

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Well after Thursday I hope there is some changes not too many but some all the same .
My changes
Stevens
Smith Jones Hall
Robinson Benning
Pett Ojo

Butterworth
. Wilson Harrison
I'd go with that I don't think the abuse some Vale fans gave Conlon after game the other night was called for but I understand there frustration with what he did .
So I'm pulling him out the side along with Massey and B Garrity ,Garrities a tough one for me as I really love his overall game he is developing superbly but I feel he is better in butterworths position but I have gone for DB for this game because he travels with the ball and that can reap rewards and create space for others.
If Wilson is out then BG comes in I'm his favoured position and DB behind Harrison .
I'd like see Politic at some stage also during the game .
Good side FGR are so expecting a tough game bit more of like second half display than first like on Thursday then hopefully we will bring a positive result home .
UTV
Happy New year to you all

20 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Stevens

Smith  Jones   Hall

Robinson       Pett   Ojo            Benning

Butterworth

Wilson     Massey

Interesting dropping Harrison. So far he's emulated what he's done at other clubs, hit the ground running then tailing off very quickly. 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Well after Thursday I hope there is some changes not too many but some all the same .
My changes
Stevens
Smith Jones Hall
Robinson Benning
Pett Ojo

Butterworth
. Wilson Harrison
I'd go with that I don't think the abuse some Vale fans gave Conlon after game the other night was called for but I understand there frustration with what he did .
So I'm pulling him out the side along with Massey and B Garrity ,Garrities a tough one for me as I really love his overall game he is developing superbly but I feel he is better in butterworths position but I have gone for DB for this game because he travels with the ball and that can reap rewards and create space for others.
If Wilson is out then BG comes in I'm his favoured position and DB behind Harrison .
I'd like see Politic at some stage also during the game .
Good side FGR are so expecting a tough game bit more of like second half display than first like on Thursday then hopefully we will bring a positive result home .
UTV
Happy New year to you all

Can I just ask; what abuse did Conlon get? I only heard people saying he had the absolute definition of a stinker, which was clear for everyone to see! And I'm sure he'll be the first to say that himself. Football is a confidence game, and it's more than obvious to everyone, (apparently bar the management team?), that both Conlon and Harrison are lacking confidence in every way, shape or form. Only difference is, that Harrison is rotated but Conlon is not. 

1 minute ago, Danish Valiant said:

Can I just ask; what abuse did Conlon get? I only heard people saying he had the absolute definition of a stinker, which was clear for everyone to see! And I'm sure he'll be the first to say that himself. Football is a confidence game, and it's more than obvious than both Conlon and Harrison are lacking confidence in every way, shape or form. Only difference is, that Harrison is rotated but Conlon is not. 

I heard cheers near the end on one of the very few occasions he passed forward or to one of our players. Wouldn't call it abuse. More like football gallows humour. 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

I heard cheers near the end on one of the very few occasions he passed forward or to one of our players. Wouldn't call it abuse. More like football gallows humour. 

Exactly! The guy next to me, was shouting after Benning that he was "f'ing useless", only to shout he was "f'ing brilliant" next time he had the ball 😅 

Archived