onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

30 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Burton signed on loan centre half Corrie Ndaba from Ipswich today. He was player of the season when on loan, last season, at Salford I believe. Will be available tomorrow.

Not played one minute of footie for Ipswich,not even made the bench.

We need to focus on getting at Burton from the off and getting the crowd behind them

Advert

Walker gets us passing with purpose folk going on about him not being quick enough well he is quick with his variety of passing passing that stretches the opposition out .
What I have noticed when he joins the action we seem to be more positive by the time Smith passes it for example all the opposition back in there defensive shape so it breaks down quickly .
As I keep going on about the initial pass is the most important .
Get that right more goal scoring opportunities will be the outcome meaning a higher percentage of winning games .
Who are you and what have you done with VFIA? Most sensible post of the season so far

I love Walker now (didn't at first admittedly). I personally would play him with another holding player like Ojo or Pett and push the other midfielder and the wing backs right up there for much of the game. The we would always have at least 3 back even in the event that the 2 wide centre backs pushed up too.

We need to focus on getting at Burton from the off and getting the crowd behind them
That's because on his way to winning player of the season he played 29 games last season for Salford.

35 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:
3 hours ago, DazFred said:

That's because on his way to winning player of the season he played 29 games last season for Salford.

I meant this season. Thank you for correcting me

7 hours ago, Warren said:

I like Holden and Garrity. But that isn't working with one striker. However, Proctor and Harrison have not played together much either. Proctor must be genuinely fit to start as we can't be playing with 10.75 players away from home. 

Felt like we played with 10 with holden on Tuesday, do agree with the Proctor but this is the issue with having a lack of attacking options 

21 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

With only having 1 striker, do we have to go 352?

What about 433 (attacking) 451 (defending)? Especially away from home.

Stevens

Robinson        Smith         Hall          Benning

Ojo/Walker         Conlon

Garrity

Massey                       Harrison                  Holden

Just a thought????

We have 2  strikers Procter and Harrison

Archived