Advert

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Stevens 

Massey Forrester Smith Hall Benning 

Walker Garrity Ojo

Proctor ( for an hour ) Harrison 

Proctor reluctantly really as he's been really poor, first touch dreadful and not held the ball up.

But their achilles heel is defensively so I'd like to see us take the game to them from the off. 

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

We need to sign a striker today that's ready to play tomorrow.

Our lack of firepower and playing midfielders up front is hindering us immensely.

From the stats, Burton look there for the taking, they have the worst record in the league for total shots against and total shots on target!

They will give us chances, just hoping we have some forward options to take them.

Not sure any team is 'there for the taking' in this division. See MK 3 days ago.

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

They were there for taking but we played like a pub team.

Interesting.... a team who over the last 14 seasons or so have either been in League 1 or championship (with a single season in league 2 when they got promoted) and who finished 3rd last year are there for the taking by a team with only 4 years in league 1 out of the last 14.

Burton will be just as difficult no matter what team we pick.... every away point will have to be celebrated as we find our feet, just hoping that our home form keeps us away from the dreaded lower reaches of the table.

2 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Interesting.... a team who over the last 14 seasons or so have either been in League 1 or championship (with a single season in league 2 when they got promoted) and who finished 3rd last year are there for the taking by a team with only 4 years in league 1 out of the last 14.

Burton will be just as difficult no matter what team we pick.... every away point will have to be celebrated as we find our feet, just hoping that our home form keeps us away from the dreaded lower reaches of the table.

Have to agree with Melbourne mate. You could tell immediately that they were devoid of confidence. They played like strangers. And were what they were , a team with no points and no goals.

Rather than use the terminology ' there for the taking ' .

Let's just say that it was an ideal time to play them before they get their eye in. They looked poor all over to me which made our defeat more galling. 

46 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Have to agree with Melbourne mate. You could tell immediately that they were devoid of confidence. They played like strangers. And were what they were , a team with no points and no goals.

Rather than use the terminology ' there for the taking ' .

Let's just say that it was an ideal time to play them before they get their eye in. They looked poor all over to me which made our defeat more galling. 

MK were the poorest side we have played so far which made it more the infuriating.

14 hours ago, Walka003 said:
16 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:
No Conlon ? 

Nothing against him I just think they'll rest him, played 3 games in a row.

I want to know who was overhitting the through balls in the MK Dons game first half. If it's spread around then I don't know what to say. But if it's one player I think they should be left out. Aside from mistakes on our goals I feel this was a major reason we lost the game. Get it right we would have had more chances and more likelihood of scoring. 

I guess pitch size comes into the team choice. Not looked at the Burton pitch, but remember Orient away last season which was a dreadful game where keeping the ball in play and coping with fast pressure on a short pitch really needed some sort of better tactical response than we showed. 

Its a big game, if we win this then the whole outlook changes, 7 points from 5, heading into a week off with deadline day closing and three home games to follow, Worrall and Massey back and game time in returning players.

We just need to be positive, try and stay solid and take our chances.

Just listened to DC he seems very relaxed about it all and rightly so .
If Port Vale played there first team xl majority of season we will easily finish mid table to top however at present due to late finish of season and other conflicting goings on we are only probably just getting to where we need to be .
Let's hope it's a good performance tomoz and the fans get behind the team .
Portsmouth next it doesn't get any easier and you know what I love it our home performances being very good for me not so much second half v Fleetwood but other 135 minutes not bad at all however our away form is patchy to say the least but early days it's a long season .
I've got faith in Jamie Proctor you do not become a bad player overnight .
Tom.Conlon has quality but this isn't league 2 where you can have a off day and expect a positive result ,every game Vale have to be at there total maximum get anything .
So players switching off will result in the opposition either scoring or having make our goalie work that was emphasised when Mk scored with there first effort at goal our midfielders dozed off our defenders didn't get in the right position block the shot and its in our back of our net .
Good luck Vale

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Walker has to start. Although I thought both wing backs did well Tuesday I would play Benning and Massey. This is a big game and we need something from it. Proctor has been poor so far but I still think we need to play him until we sign more forwards. Holden out for Prcotor 

I like Holden and Garrity. But that isn't working with one striker. However, Proctor and Harrison have not played together much either. Proctor must be genuinely fit to start as we can't be playing with 10.75 players away from home. 

Archived