• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Hamil Road end thoughts….

Stung agrees with the majority that the hamil must become the new home end as there's no way people will return to the stone age railway and bycars

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, SFBT said:

What is better about the Hamil?

I haven't actually been in 🤔

The facilities are better and under cover.  Larger tea bars.  More and better bogs.  More turnstiles open.  Also there was a good atmosphere in the concourse pre match, lots of singing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The potential switch for me depends on what division we end up in.
The Hamil end isn't needed for 178 Stevenage, Salford and Sutton ( that is the combined total  ) .
However for Derby, Wednesday, Bolton, etc it would be .
Also if we draw Swindon in the Fa Cup we can give them the Hamil end for when they bring 4500 . 
They can still have 3000 odd or whatever it is in the Bycars. It's probably more than they'll get anywhere else. To be fair even in League One how many times will someone sell more than that? Even with those clubs mentioned probably none.

We'll make more money from attracting and holding onto home fans by offering them a proper experience.
  • Like 2

Fully agree.
What we then need to do is to dedicate the Synetics car park to away supporters and create a dedicated access / egress for them to the Bycars stand. I don’t see that as insurmountable or expensive. Vale then take the whole of the once completed Lorne Street and Hamil.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I will be glad to get back to my seat in the Bycars. I don't get this love in for the Hamil. It was OK but you can get a coffee and have a p*ss in the Bycars and the view is better, can't even see the scoreboard from the Hamil. The roof is too low and the "concourse" is cramped. Bogs are a bit better I guess but that isn't enough to make me move. I will probably go in the Railway if the Bycars becomes the away end. Hamil makes sense as the away end with a coach parking area right outside.

I love you RZ, the forum would be a much duller place without you!!!! Variety is the spice of life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

17 hours ago, Santa said:

The same way we always get tickets Pinky. Queue up in the car park. 

I've never queued or got tickets for an away supporters section at Vale Park have you Pinky?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, STUNG said:

Stung agrees with the majority that the hamil must become the new home end as there's no way people will return to the stone age railway and bycars

I will happily return, as will many of my Neanderthal brethren.

The only reason to swap is the facilities.  A FULL Bycars is not much different in terms of noise to the Hamil.  The issue should be how we fill whichever end we come to use.  I guess novelty will help fill the Hamil in the short term, as it did when the Bycars first reopened after being rebuilt.  Also, there were fewer families and more of the “singers” in there for the Swindon game than there are normally in Bycars for a typical home game.  The mix was different and the number of fans much higher than normal.

Let’s not forget that the Hamil has more capacity so could in fact be more empty for your average home game.  Food for thought.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 2

Had forgot what brilliant facilities there is in the hamill end. Spacious concourse, CLEAN toilets, bar and food areas. I know the weather was perfect thursday night but imagine vale fans in the railway if it was tipping it down. Half time comes you go for a drink or something to eat and you get soaked through. You may then go to the gents toilet b4 going back to your seat and wade through puddles of water/ urine. Imagine the carnage on hamil road after the game if swindon had been in the hamil. It would have turned into a bloodbath. It was a pleasure to walk down the hamil and not come across any warring fans. To me it makes perfect sense to put visitors in the bycars end. No need to have scores of police patroling down hamil road. I'd be very dissapointed if things go back to the usual way of putting OUR fans in areas with the crappest facilities.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I will happily return, as will many of my Neanderthal brethren.

The only reason to swap is the facilities.  A FULL Bycars is not much different in terms of noise to the Hamil.  The issue should be how we fill whichever end we come to use.  I guess novelty will help fill the Hamil in the short term, as it did when the Bycars first reopened after being rebuilt.  Also, there were fewer families and more of the “singers” in there for the Swindon game than there are normally in Bycars for a typical home game.  The mix was different and the number of fans much higher than normal.

Let’s not forget that the Hamil has more capacity so could in fact be more empty for your average home game.  Food for thought.

Stung says yabba dabba doo 😜😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffers said:

Fully agree.
What we then need to do is to dedicate the Synetics car park to away supporters and create a dedicated access / egress for them to the Bycars stand. I don’t see that as insurmountable or expensive. Vale then take the whole of the once completed Lorne Street and Hamil.

I think that's a very good suggestion @jeffers - it would certainly make the police happy as that's easily manageable. 

It also gives the Vale the chance to move or perhaps duplicate the fanzone (or something similar) outside the Hamil End too, perhaps outside TCs? The zone does a great job in entertaining the kids (the future of the club) and also encouraging others to turn up a bit earlier to have something to eat and drink. It always seems packed (which is a good thing) so why not expand it if it works?

You've then got that whole area from the corner of the Railway, past the ticket/club shop and round to TCs as a home area with loads of activities on. 

I remember going to MK and even though I despise the franchise, they had a huge family area with all sorts going on - food stalls, fairground rides for the kids, face painting and all sorts - a fanzone about three times the size of Vale's and it was doing a roaring trade and clearly doing a fantastic job in entertaining the crowd pre-match.

Advert:

2 hours ago, jeffers said:

Fully agree.

The Synectics car park is used by both sets of fans on a regular basis with no problems.  Access at the bottom from the Bycars is needed though whatever is decided about use of the stands.

A bit of blue sky thinking here... I guess that eventually the club may consider putting two scoreboards in the ground - one in the corner between the Lorne and Hamil and another in the old family stand corner. Those would be an upgrade on what we have now and allow fans in the Hamil to see the family stand one. I guess it's a low priority at the moment what with all the other things needed like the PA though. Having said that, I guess larger, more modern screens would also allow advertising so they may pay for themselves or even make a bit of money - I guess it's a case of doing the sums and working out where it fits on the (very) long list of improvements needed. 

• Like 2

I've  asked this before but not received clarification....... Vale have "already" sold tickets for next season for the "usual" home ends. Would this mean many fans having to change their seats/ ends and also how can any of us now buy their season tickets if we want to hold back to see if The Hamil is available?  Logistical nightmare for an already busy office staff. A decision and quote from Vale needed please.

• Like 1

If there's any chance of it actually happening, I suspect Carol will put the issue to an organised vote, where if it passes Bycars ST/10 game holders will have exclusive priority in selecting new seats in the Hamil. As ever she'll try her best to see what the majority clearly want, and we can't ask any more than that.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I've  asked this before but not received clarification....... Vale have "already" sold tickets for next season for the "usual" home ends. Would this mean many fans having to change their seats/ ends and also how can any of us now buy their season tickets if we want to hold back to see if The Hamil is available?  Logistical nightmare for an already busy office staff. A decision and quote from Vale needed please.

Excellent point that is. I've renewed my Bycars but went in the Paddock on Thursday.

If Hamil is designated as home end i'd have to go up and see where i wanted to sit. 

• Thanks 1

Advert:

if the away teams need more seats the old family stand seats could be use if away fans are in the bycars there are toilet and tea bar already inplace

2 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I think we need to know what League we are in first, will need to discuss the options with the Police and Stadium Safety, take soundings with fans. Set up system of change for STs. Option to take similar seat in Hamil or alternative elsewhere without cost of change. Further trials needed? Clarification from Carol soonest after Wembley.

2 hours ago, robf said:

I think that's a very good suggestion @jeffers - it would certainly make the police happy as that's easily manageable. 

It also gives the Vale the chance to move or perhaps duplicate the fanzone (or something similar) outside the Hamil End too, perhaps outside TCs? The zone does a great job in entertaining the kids (the future of the club) and also encouraging others to turn up a bit earlier to have something to eat and drink. It always seems packed (which is a good thing) so why not expand it if it works?

You've then got that whole area from the corner of the Railway, past the ticket/club shop and round to TCs as a home area with loads of activities on. 

I remember going to MK and even though I despise the franchise, they had a huge family area with all sorts going on - food stalls, fairground rides for the kids, face painting and all sorts - a fanzone about three times the size of Vale's and it was doing a roaring trade and clearly doing a fantastic job in entertaining the crowd pre-match.

Where do the vale fans park if you give away fans synectics car park.