onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, Santa said:

Their keeper must have a fair sprint in him to pop up out of nowhere and start goading us.

After Smith and Vigoroux had a go at us during the game last week, we must be living rent free in quite a few League Two players’ heads.

Shows what a massive club we are!

Advert

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

Report the video highlights package to the football League of where there players celebrate Infront of our fans inciting a reaction and see if anything gets done or said about it. Swindon fans reported Rodney for that elbow or whatever it was and he ended up with a 3 game ban.

Can they afford a fine with that woeful gate? Ironically our fans would be paying it for them with their sold out tickets.

I'm with Sprowy on this in that it's best to stop the crosses coming into the box if possible but to me the 3-5-2 system makes it harder to do this.  For their 3rd Pett jogged out to their player on the right and was too late to stop the cross, the wing back was no where to be seen, probably too deep.

Their 4th goal was a farce. That was never a foul by George Lloyd, if anything  their player fouled Lloyd first, it was a 50:50 tussle for the ball which Lloyd won. As for the free kick, there wasn't a Vale player within 15 yards of the ball, the kick was passed to the side and again no  Vale player close leaving their player unchallenged and all the time and room in the world to pick his spot. Surely Vale have to press the ball as soon as the free kick is taken.

Hopefully we'll live and learn.

5 hours ago, bomber said:

There is one thing for certain you are going to find it very difficult to football your way out of this division. It’s all about height and pumping long balls into the box, we did not press enough yesterday to stop the barrage of long balls. Yesterday is a little reality check hope we can learn from it and push on, not too despondent but Barrow will be a good yard stick.

Is this is true though?

Aside from Cheltenham’s long throw being a factor, we’re the teams who went up last year “big, long ball merchants”

Bolton, Cambridge and Cheltenham I would say no.

Even Morcambe we’re more boringly organised than long ball brutes.

Just put me face right as away for a few nights now .

Vale let there standards slip yesterday this 3 times this scenario has played out in Vale games Tranmere Walsall and yesterday to say its a very poor ending to a game is a understatement ,makes you wonder is there something untoward going on ,hope not just seems very strange to me .

I'd have had them in for extra training today .

Yes blah blah blah we have won 5 in a row before yesterday but your only as good as your last game .

So we are not very good .

MORE DETERMINATION DESIRE TOWIN required in the future .

UTV 

Vale let there standards slip yesterday this 3 times this scenario has played out in Vale games Tranmere Walsall and yesterday to say its a very poor ending to a game is a understatement ,makes you wonder is there something untoward going on ,hope not just seems very strange to me .
Yes blah blah blah we have won 5 in a row before yesterday but your only as good as your last game .
UTV 
What do you mean untoward, stop talking rubbish So Garritty deliberately scored an OG Covlan deliberately let a deflection in and the ref deliberately set up their goal ....unbloodybelievable

In fairness, as dodgy as we were at the back when the ball was in the air, on another day they don't score any of their goals. We had a bit of luck against Orient, though you like to think you make your own luck to an extent, but we certainly didn't get an inch of it yesterday. This team shows a lot of potential at times. Sooner rather than later, we're gonna put 4, 5 or 6 past someone.

I can’t help feeling uneasy about that result as it was so last season and I thought this squad is better than this.For me we need a big reaction on Saturday v Barrow and put them away . To be balanced we still 4th with similar points to last season but I am hoping DC won’t let us fade away same as Askey did.

I can’t help feeling uneasy about that result as it was so last season and I thought this squad is better than this.For me we need a big reaction on Saturday v Barrow and put them away . To be balanced we still 4th with similar points to last season but I am hoping DC won’t let us fade away same as Askey did.
Spot on all it takes is that kind of result and your season can de derailed .
That's how it made me feel I thought we had stronger characters than that ,LEADERS ,that's not not just a speed hump it's a huge enormous hump and a very very unsettling one at that .
Why were we so deep and why hasn't the captain told the team move up the pitch and catch the opposition offside time and time again .
It's gone now but that's so poor probably knocked a 1000 off next week's gate and C And K were deserving of more turning up next home game .

12 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

UTV 

We're 4th mate.

5 clean sheets in 11, mostly against the teams forming the top end of the league at this point, keep that up for the rest of the season and we could be on for 20+ clean sheets and not a lot of teams will do that. Defence is orate.

I have more confidence in Cov than Brown or Stone, he's orate.

We've scored at least two in most of our games with scorers coming from all over so we aren't short of goals, so I think we're orate there too.

TLDR = We're still orate

We're 4th mate.
Yes m8 i know where we are and it's a OK start just find it disturbing how a team full of confidence can self implode like that .
All the feel good factor they created the week before they took away with saturdays giveaway .
Never easy supporting Vale had years of false dawns the momentum was with us at 2-0 what happened to change the course of a routine victory ,did we get complacent or were Sutton like Barcelona ,wish I watched it but was out buying me daughter a sofa for her first owned brought house ,I can not truly understand what happened as I wasn't there but lets not pretend it didn't matter ,all games matter and if we are one point short of reaching play offs because of this game i will be going berserk come end of season .
Too many sloppy performances from Vale these past few years 9 recent goals given away were all dreadful 3 v Rochdale 2 v Leyton Orient and 4 v mighty Sutton .
Sort it out DC or midtable obscurity will be the outcome and all our excellent forward play be for nowt like sat 3 goals scored and not even a pozy point

Archived