Jump to content

Darrell Clarke


valefan16
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advert:


11 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Delighted with the appointment of Clarke as manager has a good record at this level and is spoken highly at his previous clubs       Wasn’t to sure at first about the director of football role but know a lot more excited about it well done carol 

He's not spoken highly of at Walsall at all. They can't believe that they've got money for him or the fact that he's been given a 3 year contract. That doesn't mean he won't do well here, but to imply that Walsall fans are praising him or are up in arms that he's left is nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


6 minutes ago, TylerB said:

He's not spoken highly of at Walsall at all. They can't believe that they've got money for him or the fact that he's been given a 3 year contract. That doesn't mean he won't do well here, but to imply that Walsall fans are praising him or are up in arms that he's left is nonsense.

My good friend is a Walsall ST holder.He says we are welcome to him.Good luck Darrell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

My good friend is a Walsall ST holder.He says we are welcome to him.Good luck Darrell.

The most positive thing some have said about him is that he made them hard to beat. But the general opinion seems to be that there was no pattern to their play and he loves to play squares in round holes. Along with being in love with himself. But my girlfriend say's that about me every day so it is what it is.

Now every manager with the exception of one or two will have a mixed bag as a record, so I'm not too worried that he didn't have a great time at Walsall. Bu if we paid as much as £100,000 compensation for him, which seems to be the case, then it makes it a massive gamble.

Edited by TylerB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t work at all clubs obviously but his record you cannot doubt

Mickey Adam’s had an ego , he took no crap and sometimes rubbed people up the wrong way but he was a winner and I can see similarities of what people are saying about Clarke

Askey was as dull as dish water , nice guy but I’m sorry he came across boring as hell

Let’s give the guy a chance , it’s a new project and a new way of operating as a football club

As for Walsall the thing their fans don’t like is that we are showing more ambition than them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will not be judged by what he does at Walsall he will be judged at what he does at Vale .

We have not just Darryl Clarkes insight into the team we have David Flitcroft as well so I'm sure they will help each other with there enthusiasm get the best out of the current players, the ones they do not get the best out will be rooted out .

Good luck to the lads love there passion i have passion I want passion in my team,all of them not 5 of them and the 6 play like they cannot be arsed .

WELCOME Lads hope you mirror our amazing chair lady 

UTV 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


The fact that we've nicked him off Walsall is great but not surprising. We're a much bigger club than Walsall, much bigger fan base, much bigger, better stadium, far better infrastructure, much more ambition, much better fans. It's not a surprise that DC would want to leave there when given the chance to come here! 

UTV! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

The most positive thing some have said about him is that he made them hard to beat. But the general opinion seems to be that there was no pattern to their play and he loves to play squares in round holes. Along with being in love with himself. But my girlfriend say's that about me every day so it is what it is.

Now every manager with the exception of one or two will have a mixed bag as a record, so I'm not too worried that he didn't have a great time at Walsall. Bu if we paid as much as £100,000 compensation for him, which seems to be the case, then it makes it a massive gamble.

£100,000 HAHAHAHA!

Not a chance!

More idiocy from our fanbase!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

£100,000 HAHAHAHA!

Not a chance!

More idiocy from our fanbase!

Who the <ovf censored> are you calling an idiot, you melt. I don't really believe it's that figure myself, but I've seen two separate articles that quote that a 6 figure fee was paid, and the lowest 6 figure fee is obviously £100,000.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Who the <ovf censored> are you calling an idiot, you melt. I don't really believe it's that figure myself, but I've seen two separate articles that quote that a 6 figure fee was paid, and the lowest 6 figure fee is obviously £100,000.

 

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

The most positive thing some have said about him is that he made them hard to beat. But the general opinion seems to be that there was no pattern to their play and he loves to play squares in round holes. Along with being in love with himself. But my girlfriend say's that about me every day so it is what it is.

Now every manager with the exception of one or two will have a mixed bag as a record, so I'm not too worried that he didn't have a great time at Walsall. Bu if we paid as much as £100,000 compensation for him, which seems to be the case, then it makes it a massive gamble.

Well that is exactly what you said - as highlighted above! 

Not in a million years have we paid £100,000 + two x salaries for Clarke and Flitcroft!

When Salford poached Richie Wellens from Swindon (who had just won the L2 TITLE), Lee Power described the compensation as not even being able to cover a month's worth of costs.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18859273.owner-chairman-lee-power-says-swindon-towns-finances-terrible/

I highly doubt these "journalists" would know the compensation given they didn't even know he was in the running!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this may come as bit of a shock to some of you but im happy with the latest announcements. however im staying firmly grounded over them as i dont think this is going to be a quick fix and the problems flutcroft and clarke have to deal with are going to remain for at least another 12 months. fair play to them for taking on this poisoned chalice. they have my full backing/support - lets just hope they can turn this club around. its a mammoth task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


7 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

this may come as bit of a shock to some of you but im happy with the latest announcements. however im staying firmly grounded over them as i dont think this is going to be a quick fix and the problems flutcroft and clarke have to deal with are going to remain for at least another 12 months. fair play to them for taking on this poisoned chalice. they have my full backing/support - lets just hope they can turn this club around. its a mammoth task.

Apart from your "poisoned chalice" comment, I think that's pretty fair assessment of the situation. I don't think that it's a "poisoned chalice" simply because we now have owners with much business management experience, honesty, integrity and a clear vision for the club's future.

I too support you in adding my personal backing to the new management team as a whole--here's to better things to come!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Walsall fans say is pretty irrelevant.  Darlington fans told us Sodje was a waste of space.  Some Vale fans told Northampton that Page was useless.  Macc fans want Askey annointed as a saint.  Norman told us Bruno was amazing.  Bristol Rovers fans say Clarke is a legend.  I'll go with the last one thanks!!

Edited by Jacko51
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here

    Please check with site staff if you wish to sell, auction or raffle any items on here. We are very happy to support good causes but do ask you to check with us first - Contact us here




×
×
  • Create New...