Advert:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not read through all the posts but as it's titled "Darrell Clarke", I wanted to post my thoughts. When you come in as a new manager you have to focus on the immediate issues. If you think back to

Players deserve credit for tonight but special shout out to Darrell Clarke for me. He set us up with a game plan that saw us dominate the majority of the first half. We should've been 2 goals to

Heres an idea why dont we judge him on what he does at vale rather than going off the word of previous fans. There are fans that love him like bristol rovers and fans who arent keen of him walsall. Wh

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Talk is cheap, anything less than a win at Leyton Orient and a lot of people will be disappointed. 

What about all the losses askey had as manager? 

A week to turn this sack of <ovf censored> around isn’t enough. Happy or not back him 

Advert:

Talk is cheap, anything less than a win at Leyton Orient and a lot of people will be disappointed. 

This is a joke right ????

Are you Askeys love child or something lol

This season is gone now , we need to build and put things in place for next season

Everyone needs to pull together and support carol , flickers and Darrell

The future is bright
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, vale victory said:

This is a joke right ????

Are you Askeys love child or something ?

He’s gone get over it

This season is gone now , we need to build and put things in place for next season

This is either an inspired choice of a proven manager who will lead us on to better things, or jobs for the boys. Only time will tell which. We are where we are, as someone said. 🙂

• Confused 2

Tbf mate I see everything that carol is doing as something to improve the club and push us forward

We have had years of cutting corners and taking the cheap option

Whatever happens it shows ambition

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think DC and DF will be very disappointed if we don't win on Saturday. They both come across as people that like to win and hate losing. That is exactly the attitude I want from the blokes running my football team. 

UTV! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

This is either an inspired choice of a proven manager who will lead us on to better things, or jobs for the boys. Only time will tell which. We are where we are, as someone said. 🙂

image.thumb.png.371237badbc8cd4ba4a15686acd7f281.png

Advert:

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What about all the losses askey had as manager? 

A week to turn this sack of <ovf censored> around isn’t enough. Happy or not back him 

True. May need a few seasons, after all it’s been about 5 seasons in the making! 

Not sure how anyone can’t be unhappy with this appointment. The bloke has 4 promotions on his cv. There were no realistic candidates with anywhere near that kind of success. 

Yes the Walsall forum doesn’t read well but sometimes circumstances dictate the outcome. There is obviously something more to it. He possibly just doesn’t fit in there. The bloke was trying to fill smiths shoes. Maybe their fans expectation against the reality is misaligned. We have plenty of fans who thought we would make the championship under askey ffs!

The realism is this appointment is better than any of us could have hoped. Will it work, who knows buts that’s football. but he has to be given time no one bloody game! 

• Thanks 1

Results until the end of the season are irrelevant aslong as we dont go down that is. 

he can only be judged from next season onwards because of the squad he is inherited im willing to give the bloke a chance so if we play <ovf censored> but pick up a couple of wins over the next ten games thats fine because he needs to work out who he is keeping next season and who he isnt. 

anyone who thinks hes gonna come in and were gonna start playing well instantly needs to wobble there heads. Its a massive bonus if he did turn it around and we have a strong finish to this season. But lets not jump on his back if its not the case because  next season is where he shoild be judged because lets be honest he hasnt got much to work with this season 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vale victory said:

It doesn’t work at all clubs obviously but his record you cannot doubt

Mickey Adam’s had an ego , he took no crap and sometimes rubbed people up the wrong way but he was a winner and I can see similarities of what people are saying about Clarke

Askey was as dull as dish water , nice guy but I’m sorry he came across boring as hell

Let’s give the guy a chance , it’s a new project and a new way of operating as a football club

As for Walsall the thing their fans don’t like is that we are showing more ambition than them .

Mind you a few of them were worried about the fact that he preferred Vale to Walsall.In my view,their club need the money more than we do judging by their recent sales of Adebayo and Jules.The compensation money will come in handy as well I reckon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Choices are a manager who has done something, or promote someone who is showing potential as a manager, or even someone who is potentially a manager.  Difficult choice for a club owner, can be expensive either way, only time will tell.

Walsall fan here,(in peace). I will give you an honest opinion on Clarke and I hope he does well at Vale, not for him but for the owners and fans. Watching Walsall under Clarke was very frustrating, he changed the team every week simply to try and counteract the threat of the opposition instead of playing your strongest team every week and letting the opposition worry about you. He signed players then played them out of position, drop players for no apparent reason even if they had just played a blinder the previous game. He liked to play hoof ball constantly to a lone striker who sometimes was about 5ft 6" tall. Never revealed what players were injured or how long they were expected to be sidelined which is fine but fans don't know whats going on and think he has simply fell out of favour. It was a very frustrating time to be a Walsall fan under Clarke and thats why the majority were happy to see him go. I hope things go well for you with him in charge and I will be watching with interest. Best of luck for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

On a side note, does anyone know what role Billy Paynter was initially brought in to do at the club before helping out after Askey was sacked?

Seems he’s now part of the first team management along with Pugh according to Clarke’s interview.

Edited by Powerline

Not overly inspired by the appointment, and the interview made him seem a bit of an arse to me.
However, I back the decision 100% and he has my full support. UTV.

We’ve just had a Mr Nice Guy whom our players walked all over. I’m glad to see someone with a bit of bite and a bit of arrogance.
  • Like 5