onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

The only thing actually stated by anyone who would know even the slightest thing was RS saying it could be announced on Mon, and that was wrong.

If Pugh beats Tranmere then the foot comes off the pedal even more.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

@TylerB was the "In the Knower" on this one... Told us it was 110%.

To his credit @Vale1995 called him out and said the players he knows were not aware of it being Flitcroft.

They had a little back and forth with Tyler pretty insistent that it was a done deal.

Tyler... do we know what's happened?

😄

Pretty sure my following post, or one of them, was saying that I didn't actually have a clue. People here like to think and make out that they are in the know, and my point was that it is very easy to type something here on a forum and state it as some sort of fact when it's anything but.

You really need to lighten up my friend.

14 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I still find it hard to believe askey was only on 35k as a league 2 manager. Seems really low that even with smurf in charge 

I think at the time Askey came was still having his contract salary from Shrewsbury. He could afford to accept the low salary until the season ended. He then had a new 3 year contract from Carol and he was put on considerably more money.

On 29/01/2021 at 19:22, TylerB said:

It's 110% David Flitcroft.

It's actually scary that some people thought Holloway was a good shout for us. Jesus.

On 29/01/2021 at 19:29, TylerB said:

Not gonna say as that would be unfair to the fella, but if it's not then I'll be 110% wrong and look like a right helmet come the appointment.

On 29/01/2021 at 19:31, TylerB said:

Do you actually think the new boss hasn't already been shown around the stadium etc?

On 29/01/2021 at 19:32, TylerB said:

I'm sure most of the players by now have more than an inkling... 

On 29/01/2021 at 19:34, TylerB said:

The players and staff are fully aware, regardless of what Pugh might ramble in the paper. It just hasn't been announced yet, and won't be until next week.

So this was just a social experiment to show the folly of pretending to be in the know??? Riiiiight.

Your message of not actually knowing came after you got called out by @Vale1995

1 hour ago, Doha said:

A few on here seem to like taking completely unequivocal statements, doing some jiggery-pokery, and then claiming we're the nutters for believing it. 

"The manager WILL HAVE experience and success"

Translation: well, she doesn't use the word promise, so stop being so entitled. 

"Danny Pugh DOES NOT WANT THE JOB, DOESN'T THINK HE IS READY, AND HAS NOT APPLIED"

Translation: well, maybe he does want the job, and maybe he is ready, even if he himself believes he is not. I think we'll do OK with Pugh till the summer.

Madness. It won't be Pugh as the club has clearly said it won't be Pugh. I've made that point and been accused of all sorts. All I'm doing is believing Carol. 

Just a thought but if you owned the Vale and you were facing ...

A substantial commitment to the previous owner.

No date for being allowed to open your doors to let customers in.

Ongoing salaries to pay for players you can't use and had been hoping to offload.

Doubts over ST's income for the following season.

Very little chance of gaining promotion this season and even less of getting relegated.

Would you look to bring in a new Manager on a high salary now or leave it in the hands of a steady Eddie until the end of the season by which time many of the above financial unknowns will have become clear.

7 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Just a thought but if you owned the Vale and you were facing ...

A substantial commitment to the previous owner.

No date for being allowed to open your doors to let customers in.

Ongoing salaries to pay for players you can't use and had been hoping to offload.

Doubts over ST's income for the following season.

Very little chance of gaining promotion this season and even less of getting relegated.

Would you look to bring in a new Manager on a high salary now or leave it in the hands of a steady Eddie until the end of the season by which time many of the above financial unknowns will have become clear.

The Chairlady has publicly, clearly, and irrefutably stated that it won't be Pugh. She has said there has been a raft of experienced appointments. She has said Pugh doesn't want it, and hasn't applied.

Why are you so insistent on ignoring her? This isn't an argument about the merits of Danny Pugh, but a genuine curiosity as to why some on here are so obsessed with pretending Carol hasn't said what she's said.

Mcgreal looking more likely now ive heard that flitcroft has turned down the job after going through the interview process which is strange. Cus why apply if going to turn it down.

so my guess woukd be were looking at mcgreal but not had anything from anyone to say that it is

can imagine if we had offered flitcroft the job maybe we will take more time before we hear anything 

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The Chairlady has publicly, clearly, and irrefutably stated that it won't be Pugh. She has said there has been a raft of experienced appointments. She has said Pugh doesn't want it, and hasn't applied.

Why are you so insistent in ignoring her?

Pragmatism is the name of the game here.  When the facts change, you can change your mind.  And the facts have changed.

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Pragmatism is the name of the game here.  When the facts change, you can change your mind.  And the facts have changed.

Then unfortunately, and I don't condone this, the club will face ire from fans who read, and believed, the absolutist statements made in the past week.

If we've veered from 'we're sticking with Danny' to 'Danny doesn't want it, the new manager will have experience' back to 'we're sticking with Danny', you can understand fan bewilderment. 

I'm not here to discuss the merits of Pugh; I quite like him from what I've seen and read. It's just the overall confusing picture as to the changing direction we're taking. Hope it works out for Carol, as this has been a big lesson in communications. 

Archived