Next Manager

Unfortunately football is ruthless and sentiment goes out of the window. 

Maybe the lower you go to a lesser extent you don't get sidekicks like you do in the Premier League, but most managers would want their own man and rightly so 

I think yes it would be a shame for Pugh to exit like that but football is a different animal and he'll recover and get a job elsewhere 

We ought not to be putting any stipulation in place or the only potential managers are the more desperate ones. 

• Like 2

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

🎶Here we go, here we go, here we goooooo. In the know, in the know, in the knoooooooow!🎶

Isn’t it great when you know something?

Would you like to see the redacted screenshot of the message?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It's just something Sproson said before the game about managers wanting to bring in their own staff and not accept what's already there.

I agree it’s a trust matter where cohesion is required, you don’t want circles within circles all conspiring for their own party politics.

Advert:

42 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

One thing Carol needs to do though, is to forget her scruples and consider releasing Pugh and Sinclair if they are preventing anyone accepting the job.

And therein lies the problem, paying up existing staff and employing the new regime is very expensive especially in the current climate, and then when an appointment has been made half the fanbase will moan that the new bloke has not been given the money to buy better players and they will be accused of lacking ambition.

I feel truly sorry for Carol, football is like no other business and I think she is finding that out now. 

• Like 4

Advert:

25 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

You won’t believe it though unless Askey or the club says it’s true so no point. 

Maybe that’s who it’s from... if so then people can believe it’s validity can’t they. No issue with people who can back it up. Question then shifts to the appropriateness of sharing it.

If it’s from his mate who knows someone then it’s hearsay.

Advert:

Our wage bill is to high that is the problem, it is to high because for years  now we have packed the squads with journeymen and others who are not good enough for the first team. Couple this with the fleet of coaches we have, mostly inexperienced tactically naive but big in numbers, hence we cannot afford a manager who would dramatically improve us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

It's just something Sproson said before the game about managers wanting to bring in their own staff and not accept what's already there.

Surely that goes without saying.

You cannot offer someone the manager role and they say your backroom team is ????

I would expect Carol to have issues if that is the case

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So Sproson says something about managers wanting to bring in their own staff, which I assume would suggest that this is the problem in appointing the number one target. If true, why on earth wasn’t this thrashed out during the interview!!!

Edited by sinnott2spinnit
  • Like 3