onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

They won't have a number one choice they will have a list of say five people they think will fit what they're looking for and then they will speak to them to gauge where both parties are on salary expectations, playing budget, staffing requirements and so on. Then they will offer a second interview to who is still interested or they are interested in where they will go into more detail. What I do know is this doesn't happen between Thursday nights radio interview and Friday night when we had supposedly given Flitcroft the job.
Speed not haste doesn't mean got to be done by Monday.

Advert

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Good Lord. You've got far too much time on your hands. You're a 40 something year old virgin, aren't you?

That took me no time at all... the multi quote functionality of this website really is quite good for holding people accountable to what they said. DM me if you would like me to teach you how to do it.

And please attack the post not the poster... no need not to be civil. Very naughty.

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

That took me no time at all... the multi quote functionality of this website really is quite good for holding people accountable to what they said. DM me if you would like me to teach you how to do it.

What are you holding me accountable for? I literally said I actually had no idea who Vale were appointing about 10 minutes after the post you quoted, you numpty.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

What are you holding me accountable for? I literally said I actually had no idea who Vale were appointing about 10 minutes after the post you quoted, you numpty.

Im holding you accountable for one of 2 things, either:

1. Coming on and pretending you know something that you don't for multiple messages. For what purpose I don't know why but for a  36 year old is a little strange, or

2. Back peddling from your poor "In the know" knowledge when you realised that your source wasn't reliable at all and you got called out. 

We will never know which one it is, but its one of them.

For what its worth, my guess in number 2.

41 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Carols interview last week certainly led me to believe that the wheels were in motion to appoint a new manager, she also made some strong statements re. what the process was and what they were looking for.

Obviously and she will know better than most, that situations can alter , either party can quite legitimately withdraw from the interview process.

If I would criticise, I would say Carols last few statements have been very optimistic and they could be accused of building up supporters hopes, supporters who are worried about team performances and the clubs position in the league.

I am NOT blaming Carol per say, but I would ask her to consider the press releases that are coming out of the club, Carol is very new to the job and innocently may not realise that supporters on social media sites and fanzines pick up on the slightest intonation, the placing of a full stop or comma etc.

The quality of news and updates coming out of the club has definitely gone down this season, and they could calm the situation down a lot by being a bit more circumspect, it would ease the pressure being brought about by fans wanting to know what's happening and it would also stop those trying to make a name for themselves on the internet.

I’m perfectly comfortable with blaming Carol as appropriate but I think she has been open about what we are looking for and will keep searching until we find it. I think the Radio Stoke commentary caused a bit of drama by suggesting the new manager was watching the game on I follow and other silly speculation. 

All I heard from Carol’s interview was reassurance that it would be an experienced manager with stuff about community focus and youth. 

Could be anyone really. I mean Joey Barton has done a great deal of “community service” and bonded so well with youth players over a cigarette when at Manchester City. 

22 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Im holding you accountable for one of 2 things, either:

1. Coming on and pretending you know something that you don't for multiple messages. For what purpose I don't know why but for a  36 year old is a little strange, or

2. Back peddling from your poor "In the know" knowledge when you realised that your source wasn't reliable at all and you got called out. 

We will never know which one it is, but its one of them.

For what its worth, my guess in number 2.

I never had a "source" in the first place. I implied 10 minutes or so after I posted that I wasn't being serious. Seems I need to actually spell that out for you or something, Mr Gump.

You really are a bit of a simpleton.

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I never had a "source" in the first place. I implied 10 minutes or so after I posted that I wasn't being serious. Seems I need to actually spell that out for you or something, Mr Gump.

You really are a bit of a simpleton.

So its the 36 year old bloke making stories up on the internet for fun version of events... sorry sorry, to teach us all a valuable life lesson.

Cool.

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

So its the 36 year old bloke making stories up on the internet for fun version of events... sorry sorry, to teach us all a valuable life lesson.

Cool.

Are you not entertained?

Also, why are you even checking out my profile and such anyway. That's a bit... weird.

Careful lads, some of the regulars will be on here frothing at the mouth about two lads having it out on a forum.

"Another thread derailed", as they clutch their pearls, "8 pages of rubbish which I haven't read", they'll lament. 

Go for it, I say. Bit of fun.

Archived