• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This shows you what a fickle world football is. At half time on 14th November Askey was a good manager. Seven weeks later he’s gone. Very sad. Thanks for all your efforts John and Dave. They were

I'm not happy that he's supposedly lost his job. Unlike Scumthwaite, it's difficult to celebrate someone getting the boot when they're actually an affable and nice bloke. I feel really harsh

Days like today are why I hate football sometimes.  I’m not sure why people are rejoicing. Yes I wanted a change, but this is a genuinely sad day for the club and a very decent guy who obviously

Posted Images

The next permanent appointment is a big one.

It'll show how serious we are about the football side of the club.

I think Askey earned his chance when he kept us up.

I also think we did brilliantly last season and had every right to be optimistic this time.

It's been awful though hasn't it? I've been livid after most games.

If we're serious, we should be appointing someone who's showing a lot of promise elsewhere or who has been around the block and knows what he's doing.

Just don't ask me who! Lol

I'd have Derek Adams if it was that simple.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If they give it to Sinclair I’m not going on Saturday!

I think the obvious thing Jean is that he will be put in temporary charge as someone has to coach the team,this next appointment is so massive for carol considering where we are in the league and to trust a rookie until the end of the season i cant see that one,unless he wins 3 games on the bounce.... i would try get someone for next week though,it will be interesting to see if any players come and go now before a manager comes in as i cant see sinclair being allowed do that unless he is getting the job

Advert:

I feel an element of guilt and sorry for him. I am certainly one of many who called for this and if true its a huge opportunity to set out a road map for the owners. In theory its not too late either as we are still in reach of the playoffs. So mixed feelings but pleased that suddenly theres a beacon of light and some optimism. Lets hope it is true.

I feel sorry for anyone losing their job but it's been coming, if true. 1 win in 13 isn't just bad it's into embarrassing and atrocious levels. Something simply had to give. 

Grayson would be someone I'd look to for managers out of a job. Experience is needed in this situation IMHO. 

Carol is a complete novice when it comes to appointing a football manager. Lets hope she gets it right first time. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Has he even being sacked who's everyone's source ?.

I do not believe he as ,although be sad for the bloke the fact is you cannot keep doing the same things and come up with the same poor results and maintain a job of a institution as big as Vales (potentially massive ).

Hope it's TRUE but I like I say will not believe it till I see it 

UTV 

• Like 1

If he does end up going, I would love us go for Derek Adams but I can't see us going for someone in a job.  For everyone calling for an experienced manager, just look at the top of the league, Carlisle, Cheltenham and Newport, all appointed managers and it was their first job in management, experience is not everything.

• Like 1

Has he even being sacked who's everyone's source ?.
I do not believe he as ,although be sad for the bloke the fact is you cannot keep doing the same things and come up with the same poor results and maintain a job of a institution as big as Vales (potentially massive ).
Hope it's TRUE but I like I say will not believe it till I see it 
UTV 

Eyes peeled at 4:30 pal, think you’ll be pleasantly surprised
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Had all the backing he wanted but the flaws were too eminent by the end; poor recruitment, one dimensional, poor in-game management. 

However, he did steer us in the right direction and did a good job keeping us in the league when the fans were preoccupied with removing Smurthwaite. 

I doubt any fans have any real animosity for him and hold him in reasonable regard for Man City away and the brief time in February-March where he got us excited for the first time in over 5 years.

Alas, this is the right decision for the club. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Advert:

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

I'm not happy that he's supposedly lost his job.

Unlike Scumthwaite, it's difficult to celebrate someone getting the boot when they're actually an affable and nice bloke.

I feel really harsh for saying it but unfortunately I just didn't think he was up to it and his limitations could no longer be covered up. No plan B, one dimensional tactics, inability to react or change a game are all criticisms that we have all been frustrated by since he started. 

It's unpleasant but what can you do. I can imagine Carol is actually quite upset.

I have never felt sorry for a departing Vale manager like this before, but unfortunately it's necessary. 

Totally agree... If he has gone, which its looking increasingly likely he has... then He should be remembered as someone who helped the club enormously in some of its darkest hours.

I have NO doubt that his intentions were always good.

Thanks you for the service John. I wish you the best.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

If he does end up going, I would love us go for Derek Adams but I can't see us going for someone in a job.  For everyone calling for an experienced manager, just look at the top of the league, Carlisle, Cheltenham and Newport, all appointed managers and it was their first job in management, experience is not everything.

Rob Page, Michael Brown, Neil Aspin, Bruno Ribeiro, Dean Glover, Lee Sinnott

We've had more than enough chancers.

I really feel it's time for experience now. At least to steady the ship and oversee the rebuilding of our aging squad.

• Like 1

• Fosse69 changed the title to Askey gone ? Yes