Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

How long ago was Holloway at Blackpool? and what has he done since that gives people an obsession in getting him here(i dont mean you by the way CD)

He was there 2009-12, so a longish time ago in footballing terms. Still they like him at Blackpool, guess he was a bit like Rudgie for them but over a shorter period. Interestingly, his stats are better for his previous spell at QPR where he had his longest spell, just short of five years. One of the other noticeable things is that he's never spent very long at any club he's been at. Of the two - Grayson and Holloway - Grayson has the better win ration but it would be a tough call to get him to the Vale. 

Advert

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

He was there 2009-12, so a longish time ago in footballing terms. Still they like him at Blackpool, guess he was a bit like Rudgie for them but over a shorter period. Interestingly, his stats are better for his previous spell at QPR where he had his longest spell, just short of five years. One of the other noticeable things is that he's never spent very long at any club he's been at. Of the two - Grayson and Holloway - Grayson has the better win ration but it would be a tough call to get him to the Vale. 

I am still going to stick with my initial choice IF it is needed which i hope it isn't(as that means we are winning games again) Derek Adams a manager as well who is actually in a job

9 minutes ago, mighty vale said:

Ian Holloway's black and white army

Please no

What i will say is i wont back him now thats enough for me,its not just losing its the performance and the way we lost.

All i will say is go for a manager in a job and not a name just because its Holloway a manager who has failed over the last several years.

Again i will say Derek Adams for me,sadly not a name

2 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Askey has got to go. 

Don't see a way out either. many issues internally, some have been leaked. It doesn't matter the reason, recruitment has been piss poor, JA has been backed. There are too many changes, not enough quality or commitment. How many teams have taken all the points comfortably whilst they are sitting in the bottom 4. Scary.

Gibbo, Worrall, Monty, Conlon and Legge not in this side leaves no passion or drive. Amoo was MOM but he was on his own. No midfield, Pope looks as though he's 'gone', Rodney offers potential.

Dark days have returned, such a shame to a backdrop of such off-field positivity (Owner and fan wise)

5 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Out of interest, I asked a former colleague of mine, longstanding Blackpool supporter of 50 years, what he made of their two former managers Holloway and Grayson (who, I think, is also out of management). Interesting reply:

"Grayson is a builder - solid players and good habits. Gets the psychology of winning. Always thought he got the praise for what his side-kick Tony Parkes (ex Blackburn Rovers) did in bringing in good players to the club. But together they built the platform for Holloway to develop a fantastic style of play with more exciting players. So you need that base if you’re going to have Holloway. But he is the best we ever had and 90% of Blackpool fans would have him back any day. Maybe after our present set up has built a solid team again."

So looks like Holloway is good if he inherits a good squad of players...

I too have a couple of Pool supporting fans and they’d say the same. In fact, most think more highly of Grayson. 

26 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Please no

What i will say is i wont back him now thats enough for me,its not just losing its the performance and the way we lost.

All i will say is go for a manager in a job and not a name just because its Holloway a manager who has failed over the last several years.

Again i will say Derek Adams for me,sadly not a name

Completely agree my friend. I've been willing and waiting for things to improve for a good while. Got a backside full of splinters sitting on this fence. Decent bloke JA, did his best, but now it's time to go with dignity intact. Carol it's Morecambe 411797. Ask for Derek. 

Archived