Advert

Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

If I took over at Real Madrid and the owner said "here's £200m" for transfers and I went out and spent it all on players from the Championship, that lies with me.

Askey sets the bar way too low.

Look at the entire list of his signings, how many improve the 1st 11?

We absolutely cannot afford to give him another transfer window to regress further.

Advert

1 hour ago, pete vale said:

Don't see a way out either. many issues internally, some have been leaked. It doesn't matter the reason, recruitment has been piss poor, JA has been backed. There are too many changes, not enough quality or commitment. How many teams have taken all the points comfortably whilst they are sitting in the bottom 4. Scary.

Gibbo, Worrall, Monty, Conlon and Legge not in this side leaves no passion or drive. Amoo was MOM but he was on his own. No midfield, Pope looks as though he's 'gone', Rodney offers potential.

Dark days have returned, such a shame to a backdrop of such off-field positivity (Owner and fan wise)

Have to agree.  For me I can't see him turning it around.  Simple a that now.  Sadly every managers time is up at some point, and often circumstances beyond the managers control often conspire.  That said, today was a shitshow from beginning to end.  It's a results business and we can't run the risk that things will collapse any further than they already have.

We need someone who will come in ruffle a few feathers in the squad of 'untouchable' players and bring in a few new faces to the spine of the team. Back to basics and make us hard to beat.10 defeats in 20 games. Enough already.

Its time we pushed the boat out 1/  Grayson 2/ Parkinson 3/ Cowley brothers for a manager rather then making the cheap appointments i.e Askey, Aspin, Brown.

Just now, MBE said:

We need someone who will come in ruffle a few feathers in the squad of 'untouchable' players and bring in a few new faces to the spine of the team. Back to basics and make us hard to beat.10 defeats in 20 games. Enough already.

Its time we pushed the boat out 1/  Grayson 2/ Parkinson 3/ Cowley brothers for a manager rather then making the cheap appointments i.e Askey, Aspin, Brown.

Who are the untouchable players?

On 24/12/2020 at 11:33, valeparklife said:

Absolute drivel. 

Smurthwaite never released P&L accounts so this information isn't available on companies house. Legal, but obviously to hide something.

You not know any shareholders? With the way you talk, I'm not surprised. It  really is no secret that the budget is lower. Just add it to the enormous list of things you don't know.

40 minutes ago, vale@rocks said:

Askey has to go his interview said it all. Negative withdrawn and fearful. If the confidence has drained from him what hope for the players.

He did sound very nervous, like a man awaiting the inevitable. perhaps defeat at Bradford will be the last straw.

Well after today’s performance would any body like to bash the comments I made other day !!!! About what in the main has been a load of tosh posted about Askey and his band of incompetents. Like I said before Askey simply has to go and take the dross with him !!!!! and if any are under contract the new manager can stick em in the youth team where they might find their level, then once their contracts have run out its off to non- league where they belong !!!!! Ps if carol and co hadn’t of saved use I’d id be asking them the question ffs what are you playing at  !!!! Rant over folks !!!!!! Onwards and upwards 

7 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

A stern spanking on Tuesday and he may not see the new year in as Vale manager.

My thoughts entirely, all the signs are there, we've been there many times before.

I had my doubts early on even though we got results, looking at the recruitment and some who stayed.

Lads like Jake Taylor and Mitch Clark supplemented our experience last term, only Devante Rodney offers any potential this term. Stuff has gone on behind the scenes.

JA is a gentleman and a Vale man but sadly, just like Aspo, his race is run.

We are one of the most positive Clubs in the EFL thanks to current ownership and a rejuvenated fan base, however the last 10/ 11 games have severly dented the positive explosion and upward movement of PVFC on the pitch.

I would guess there are some heartwrenching and difficult decisions about to be made.

Archived