Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

Advert

5 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

It is “most fans” as far as this website goes. There is a clear majority who want him gone based on the poll on this page. Frankly if we were able to be in the ground there would be utter bedlam of booing and “Askey out” by now. 

Nobody would be content or willing to watch losing, turgid football riddled with mistakes week in week out. 

Just out of interest,how many users are signed up on here? how many have voted in the poll?

42 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Stop talking nonsense.

You have no idea what the budget is or what it was.

Are you taking the mick?

I think everyone with any knowledge of our club understands the budget under Smurfwaite was larger. You can find it without too much trouble, if you want to dig around reports and accounts.  Ask any shareholder.

3 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

It is a selection of the fan base available on a website which caters for people who follow the club. I find it frankly implausible that the majority find recent efforts acceptable and support the manager. 

Abusive messages I agree won’t achieve anything but suggests not everyone is exactly content with matters. 

Holloway is a vastly experienced manager who has had to deal with a dodgy ownership situation. He has managed in the Premier League and has got a solid track record. 

Askey was good at Macclesfield but generally mediocre elsewhere. 

I am in no way happy with Askey right now but he is the manager at the moment so i support him,i wanted him to stay but as it stands if he goes i wont be fussed BUT i want us to win the next 3 or 4 games to keep him in his job because i love our club,some on here dont want us to win so that he goes.

You said the majority on this site want him gone which is guff,its like me saying the majority want him to stay none of us can prove differently but i wont say anything so daft,now if you had said the majority out of 107 fans on here then fair enough.

As for Holloway wow,yes he is a name i guess

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

According to a FB poll I've seen today, Gareth ainsworth is the man the majority would like to see replace JA. With polls like that, it's easy to see just how unrealistic fans expectations can be

For what its worth and just incase i went for Derek Adams

Not a name though sadly

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I am in no way happy with Askey right now but he is the manager at the moment so i support him,i wanted him to stay but as it stands if he goes i wont be fussed BUT i want us to win the next 3 or 4 games to keep him in his job because i love our club,some on here dont want us to win so that he goes.

You said the majority on this site want him gone which is guff,its like me saying the majority want him to stay none of us can prove differently but i wont say anything so daft,now if you had said the majority out of 107 fans on here then fair enough.

As for Holloway wow,yes he is a name i guess

Agreed, everyone is entitled to their opinion naturally, and of course statistics can be twisted to suit either side of any debate, but nevertheless of the 5,118 member's, 64 have voted for JA to go. 43 for him to stay. I imagine that the remaining 5,011 are like me and you werstayinup, and are sitting on a very crowded fence.

1 hour ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

Forgive my ignorance, but Derek Adams. Who he?

Current Morecambe manager, and doing a good job with limited resources.  Unfortunately, with our footballing cognoscenti on social media, he'd last about 10 games, if he played the same expansive brand of football as is currently on display at the Mazuma, before there was a poll to see who the next manager was going to be. 😂

7 hours ago, MBE said:

This is exactly my point we will never be able to move 5 or 6 players out. I don't think its a viable option which is why I'm an advocate for a change in manager.I still think a different voice and tactics would turn this around with 1 or 2 squad movements. I don't see how that is a gamble when we are going nowhere under JA.

It either works, the ship is turned around quickly and we all have some fun watching the team challenge for play-offs  or we rebuild in the summer with the new manager having had half a season to work out who he wants to keep or release and establish how he wants the team to play.

If we could cut the stupid mistakes out we wouldn't even be having this conversation and I believe that this is possible without having to go to the unnecessary expense of changing the manager.  Add a couple of players in Jan and who knows, there's still lots of points to play for.  Far less risky than tipping the baby out with the bath water.  Access the season in the Summer.

8 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

61.5% out based on the current poll in this thread. 

Hmm, it depends what N = 61.5% and whether or not this poll would be confirmed by other social media.

I'm guessing the high emotions witnessed on Ovf would not be as evident in the wider community - with most being preoccupied surviving the global pandemic.

It's not pretty at the moment, but you can guarantee Carol is doing all and everything needed to achieve Port Vales success which, we must remember, is still a 'work in progress' for her.

Archived